Fukuyama Batteries

Old 03-28-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

BTW, good job today Randy. Nice to have a car that's not glitching all over the track, huh.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone know if Dan is on a holiday?

If not Dan YGPM !!!
Old 03-28-2004, 10:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Fukuyama packs win again.

Yesterday we had the first clubrace of the outdoor season. In the 19 turns class I was able to set 2nd time in quali. In the finals I was able to win both! I was able to lap everybody except the top 3.

The Fuku packs gave me lots of power and I was also able to set the fastest lap during the day with 0.2 secs.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Is there a receipe for discharging & storing batts between meets( they get used once a week) for keeping up punch ie;volts,
& is there one for keeping runtime up for mod
Old 03-28-2004, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

At the end of day, you are advice to discharge and equalize the batteries down to 0.9v/cell or 5.4v/pack.
Once discharge is complete, let it cool down completely before you store them.
When you prepare to use it again, equalize the cells again and charge them at 6amps.

A few dischargers that is recommended.
- Rayspeed Discharger
- Eagle Racing/Integy Discharger

Both this discharger comes with an auto cut off system. So you wont have to worry when you put the cells on the tray.

or

IMHO, i would go for the Rayspeed Discharger. It looks cool and it works!!!

Old 03-28-2004, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Or click HERE.

Read more about FUKUYAMA cells and how to take care of them.

Old 03-29-2004, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

My new charger has arrived !

I changed my mind and bought a Eagle CDC ver. 6. It's a great upgraded from my previous Apex Sigma Plus !

Soon, I'll go to the track with my new Fukyama packs and my new charger.

What's best, cycle the packs once the day before, or just charge and drive?

In both cases, I'll equalize them on an active discharger, before the first charge.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cole - you don't have to cycle them the day before. This just adds stress to the cells and gains no improvement. Just tray and than charge!

Glad to hear everyone had great weekends racing. Good job guys.

John
Old 03-29-2004, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

A big congrats goes out to Team Driver Chris Tosolini for his outstanding performance at this weekend indoor nationals in Cleveland OH. He placed in the A main for both Mod Touring and Mod 1/12th scale. Way to go Chris!
Old 03-29-2004, 06:53 AM

Maybe it's been asked before.. anyway, if you put another heat shrink on the batteries, does it have less performance? Any data to show if it is?
Old 03-29-2004, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

I have never seen a drop in performance with an extra layer of heat shrink material. I do it to protect the labels, mostly since I used tape a lot to hold down the cells.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Our local track (Larrys Performance RCs) , finished up the winter sunday racing , and gave away over $300 in prizes to the top finishers in each main . I qualified 3rd in the "A" , moved to 2nd on the first lap ( gotta love the punch ) , parked myself on the 2nd lap , now I'm last , then proceeded to make my way back to 3rd , 2nd place went flat and I motored on to finish 2nd ! I've been running my Fukuyama batteries that I got before the US Indoor Champs all season in stock 1/12th scale . They served me well for the winter season , and I look forward to running Fukus again next year !
Thanks to DAN for hooking me up with the Team cells , after 6 months , and 4 cycles a weekend , they never let me down.
Bob Cates
Old 03-29-2004, 07:36 AM

Originally posted by John Fontaine
I have never seen a drop in performance with an extra layer of heat shrink material. I do it to protect the labels, mostly since I used tape a lot to hold down the cells.
Thanks for the reply, that's just exactly what I wanted to do
Old 03-29-2004, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by John Fontaine
John. Correct me if i am wrong.

Wont another layer of heat shrink make the cells harder to sit into the chassis? With the original heatshrink, i already found it to have a nice fitting into the chassis.

And with the weather around here (Asia), i don think another layer of heat shrink would be advisable since we are getting an avarage of 34 degs C during the afternoon.

Just my 0.02
Old 03-29-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

They might be a little bulkier, but I doubt seeing after they have shrunk they should still fit in fine. If heat retaining is an issue, than don't put the extra shrink on them. It's really your choice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.