Wiki Posts
Search

Rebuilding Losi Shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jla8874
I told Chris about the shock tool way back when and he said he was getting one then... Gave him the link to where they were being closed-out for like $2.00 and everything.
I must have forgot. Was the on ebay where they were selling them?

Originally Posted by JeromeK99
I mostly race outdoor off-road at Pegasus Hobbies in Montclair, CA. Haven't been to OCRC... from what I gather about the track I can see the heavy spring with 30wt in the front to loose some of the grab in the front. If you have too much bite in the front it will scrub all your speed every time you turn and make the rear loose... the light spring and fluid in the back sounds a little strange.. but hey... see what the guys that are winning are using.. not the guys that offer you unsolicited advice..

Tow for the tire/axles is the angle of the tire from front to back

Tow "in" //---\\ Tow "out" \\---// "Not recommended"

You want front Tow in the front to be straight or slightly tow out to help you enter turns quicker.

Rear hub spacing adjusts the effective chassis length... spacers to the front makes the length longer better for straight away acceleration and control.. spacers to the back makes the car shorter and helps turn better...

These cars are infinitely adjustable!!! Make single changes and run them.. see if it helps.. try not to worry about everything.. you will chase the setup forever! Best thing is to get the truck stable and drive it!

Good luck!

Jerome

The rear stock is slightly tow in to help stabilize forward acceleration.
ok, I am still confused o how to adjust toe in. Is it the rear turnbuckle and bottom front turnbkles that adjustes it? And where can I find this in the manual? like what is it under on the tips and tricks.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

To adjust front toe you turn the steering turnbuckles . The suspension turnbuckles in front and rear adjust camber .
Old 08-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

ok, great. I just recently changed my front arms to the shorter ones on the VLA. Will this drive alot smoother and what are the disadvantages?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The wider the vehicle, the more stable it is... a narrower car will turn better..

Just a word of advice.... try not to take on too much of the set-up stuff all at once.. you can chase the set-up forever! Get your car to go straight, jump and turn.. then when you start to "feel" the car when you drive you can start making slight changes... Driving is probably the number 1 thing you can do to get better!

Have fun!

Jerome
Old 08-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
ok, great. I just recently changed my front arms to the shorter ones on the VLA. Will this drive alot smoother and what are the disadvantages?
This change is good for when the steering is too twichy or if you are running on a high traction track and have too much steering. The longer vla gives more steering generally.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sport10
This change is good for when the steering is too twichy or if you are running on a high traction track and have too much steering. The longer vla gives more steering generally.
Im definitly running on a high traction dirt track. And I noticed that I wasnt using all of my steering because if I did I would spin out. The main thing I want is for the truck to go thru the straights without crashing into anything. I noticed that I had a real hard time doing that. Any suggestions?
Old 08-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

What is your truck doing in the straights that causes you to crash ? Is the truck real twitchy ? Or is the truck wandering ?
Old 08-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Briguy
What is your truck doing in the straights that causes you to crash ? Is the truck real twitchy ? Or is the truck wandering ?
I just have a diffcult time overall on the straights. Like it feels like I can never get it to go straight. And yes my steering trim is set right.

I noticed that on the right rear hub that there is only 1 spacer thing and there is suppose to be 2. And I cant find the other spacer. What is a good substitute that fits in with those goldish things?
Old 08-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

This is what you need . A missing spacer allows your hub to move when running which can cause your issues not only in the straight but the entire track .
I assume the "goldish things" you are talking about is the hinge pins ?

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSA2127
Old 08-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

This is what you need . A missing spacer allows your hub to move when running which can cause your issues not only in the straight but the entire track .
I assume the "goldish things" you are talking about is the hinge pins ?

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSA2127
yes I meant hinge pins. I have a set of 4 thing which look like spacers on that plastic "tree" thing that has the servo arms. Can I use those? I noticed on the left side there are white spacers and when I move it they move a little. So should I replace all of them with the black ones?
Old 08-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Also what is the best way to take the hidge pins out?
Old 08-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

You shouldn`t have much play unless they are the wrong spacers or they are worn . If you have spacers make sure they are .060" and not the .050" which are spacers for spindles on the truck .
Old 08-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

You shouldn`t have much play unless they are the wrong spacers or they are worn . If you have spacers make sure they are .060" and not the .050" which are spacers for spindles on the truck .
What are spindles?
Old 08-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

What are spindles?
LOL , spindles are what the steering turnbuckles connect to and what the front axles mount into .

top in the pic are spindle carriers and below them are spindles .
Old 08-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

Also what is the best way to take the hidge pins out?
For front - remove front bumper , remove the E-clips [should be two on front and two on rear of hinge pins . Then remove the brace in front , then slide out the pins . Depending how long they been in there it might take a little convincing to get them out .

Rear is basically the same except you remove the motor guard .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.