Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Anyone have the HPI E-Firestorm Flux brushless RTR truck? >

Anyone have the HPI E-Firestorm Flux brushless RTR truck?

Anyone have the HPI E-Firestorm Flux brushless RTR truck?

Old 08-04-2008, 02:29 AM
Tech Addict

Default Anyone have the HPI E-Firestorm Flux brushless RTR truck?

I haven't seen to much on here about the new HPI E-Firestorm Flux brushless RTR.

Anyone have any feedback they'd like to share?

- Paulie
Old 08-21-2008, 03:18 AM
Tech Addict

Really? No one has this truck yet?

I'd love to hear more about it...

- Paulie
Old 08-21-2008, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

It's basicly a beefed up t-4 w/ dog bones & a mamba sidewinder. The only things you need to do to make it fast on the track are switch the rear a-arms, buy a t-4 shock kit, use diff fluids in the diff, & replace the front pivot block w/ the alum. one.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I had the original E-Firestorm that I put my own brushless in (Mamba+Feigao). It is a good little truck for the price. I don't know how raceable it is, but it sure makes a good basher. The arms and hub carriers are very rubbery so they don't break on impact. The trans seems tuff and I filled the diff with 10,000 wt oil. I removed the spring on the spider gears when i did this. It has a good thick metal motor mount and a molded plastic gear cover that fits pretty well. They could have added a 3rd screw and made the gear cover really nice. Having Hexes all around allows you to use many different types of wheels, including traxxas and kyosho (I have some old ones that I like to use). The stock plastic shocks work well and are even threaded. On the down side, it is very wheelie prone due to the motor sticking very far out the back.

What else do you want to know?
Old 08-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks guys!

- Paulie
Old 08-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

After I switched the rear a-arms the car wheelies less then any other car out there. I am able to hammer it w/ a mamba 7700 & watch it completely lay down the power w/out wheelying 95% of the time.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by party_wagon
After I switched the rear a-arms the car wheelies less then any other car out there. I am able to hammer it w/ a mamba 7700 & watch it completely lay down the power w/out wheelying 95% of the time.
You switched them side for side? I did this, but it made the shock geometry a bit goofy.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Those hpi screws are beefy & I used battery thumb screws to shim the bottom & some nuts to shim the top. The bottom looks like nut, a-arm, thumb screw w/ point facing out,shock, cone washer, screw head. The top looks pretty much the same w/ a few extra nuts shimming it. The shocks sits straight up & down & it performs great. I do have to replace the screws every so often though. I am probly going to find some beefier ones to use. The never break, but they do bend a little.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default 10t flux

I just came in from running my 1st2 cell lipo battery through my new toy and man this thing is fast on the road, it has blown me away.

If the pinion was changed it would be even faster i think ???

Why would you change the rear arms around, whats the benifits of this?

I have a savage with modded k4.6 and a jammin crt with a lrp spec z28 and this little brushless thing flogs them both for pure speed.......
Old 10-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

This is a great truck. It is very raceable too. The truck is very fast and pretty good on the track right out of the box.

I have swapped the rear arms and it helps the wheelies in some situations. I have changed the shock oil, put the front springs on the rear and the rear springs on the front. I also took the spring out of the diff and put diff oil in it.
The plastic shocks are actually decent, they are smooth and I have had no problems with leaking.
I also changed the arms to the composite ones which are much stiffer.