Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Slash Class and Losi Desert Truck Class Races

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default Slash Class and Losi Desert Truck Class Races

Hi Guys and Gal's we are working on a Slash class and Losi Desert Truck (LDT) Class race for some time in September out at the Madison County R/C Track in Ga. We need to find out who all would be interested in coming out and Racing for this event. So get on here and lets get this going and tell me your ideas and who would like to race.

Last edited by bigmanrc; 09-08-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

I would be down for slash racing. Where is madison at BTW?
Old 07-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Interested in Slashs' where is your track?
Old 07-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Wow, NVM thats way out I20 east.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

We are located in North East Ga. Near Anderson Sc. If you would like you can check our website out I forgot to post it with my earlier post. www.madisoncountyrc.net The track address is 585 Della Slaton Rd Comer GA 30629. We would love to get all that would like to participate involved.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Looks like we have about 12 people interested in Slash and 8 interested in the LDT class so far. We are working on a date for September. We are also working on Trophies for this race. If you would like more info about this event you can also visit our Club forum at www.mcrcforums.com Thanks
Old 08-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Is it stock slash racing or mod too?
Old 08-03-2008, 12:43 AM
Tech Adept

At this time it looks like we will run using the S.R.L. Rules for this event.

Spec Racing League (S.S.R.L.)
Traxxas Slash CORR Spec Racer Class Rules

The following rules will be implemented to keep the vehicles in this class to an absolute minimum cost with little extra investment, doing so will keep the level of competition as close as possible. The goal of the S.S.R.L. is to create fun racing for new and existing R/C Off-Road Racers. These rules are devised to be used as a basis to start developing the class for all types of Racers.

Rules for the Ready To Race - Spec. Class
This Class is for the Ready-To-Race Version of the Vehicle as shipped by Traxxas. The idea is to limit the amount of hop-ups or modifications to the factory supplied vehicle.

Body: All trucks must use the Traxxas Slash body. (Open to any paint design)

Chassis: No modifications may be made to the chassis system. Vehicle must be raced in its stock form. Original Traxxas Replacement parts only, as supplied on original truck , for damaged/worn parts.

Suspension: Both the front & the rear suspension systems must remain in stock form. Original Traxxas parts only. No aftermarket Hopup replacement components may be installed.

Legal Tuning Parts – Original Traxxas Shock Springs may be used
Shock Cap may be replaced with Alum Shock Cap #2667
Original Traxxas Turnbuckles maybe used 3139X, 3139A, 3737, 3737A

Steering: No modifications may be made to the steering system. Original Kit parts only. You may install any servo saver or servo drive-horn that you so choose.

Bearings: Any manufacturer Bearing may be used.

Electronics: Original RTR Kit electronics Speed Control (XL-5) & Servo (2075) only. You may install any Receiver you so choose. On board traction/drift device or Gyro’s NOT permitted. (Lipo cut off module may be used)

Motor: This class is restricted to a stock Traxxas Titan 12T R/C motor.

Battery: This class is limited to any 1 - 7.2 volt” Nicad” , “Nimh” made up of 6 “SubC” size cells, or 1 - 2S 7.4 Volt Lipo battery pack

Wheels: Original Traxxas Slash 2.2” wheel

Tires: Original Traxxas 2.2” Slash Tire (Tire may be altered)

Drive line: Only the original Traxxas Drive Train may be used. No aftermarket replacement drive components may be installed. Traxxas Steel Planetary Gear Differential Only. Any of the 3 Traxxas spur gears (4683, 4686, or 8690) are permitted. Any pinion gear that mounts without modifications needed may be used.
Ball Differentials are NOT permitted in the Spec Class

Weight: Truck must weight no less then 4.75 pounds ready to Race.

Hopups: Only hopups made by Traxxas specifically for the Slash may be used.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

We will be announcing the date for this race soon. Looks like it will fall in the first part of October. We are working on trophies and other prizes for this event. We are working to insure that this will be a great time for everyone. Thanks Bobby
Old 08-29-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Have you gotten software for your timing system yet?
Old 08-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

Yes we are using Jlap Race Managment Systems. Bob with Jlap has been a great help to us.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah, Bob's a good guy.
Congrats
Old 08-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm interested. I'm putting my 1/10th Nitro up for sale today and plan to buy a Slash. Get's me out of Nitro completely (both planes and cars). Mostly I say good riddance.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rpstar
I'm interested. I'm putting my 1/10th Nitro up for sale today and plan to buy a Slash. Get's me out of Nitro completely (both planes and cars). Mostly I say good riddance.
We would love to have you and your new Slash out at the track tearing up the clay. Its looking like Saturday October 11th is going to be the date for the Open Electric race. We will also have Nitro running that day. We will be having a practice club race Sept. 13th. What was it about the Nitro's that bothered you the most?
Old 08-31-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Ohh this could be fun....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.