Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which 1/10 scale electric?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

just run losi pink tapers! yes, all the losi and ae kits and everything else that i dont feel like mentoning are more than rtrs. someone prolly posted this so ^+1
Old 07-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by not home
just run losi pink tapers! yes, all the losi and ae kits and everything else that i dont feel like mentoning are more than rtrs. someone prolly posted this so ^+1
At OCRC IMO the best tire is Proline Holeshots. But I would think finding a wheel to fit the rustler hex thing with the 2.2 tires will be hard. Plus, he will still have that big 2.8 front wheel.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by not home
is their a way to get Proline holehots on a 2.2 wheel that has a hex?
how competative would the rustler be with good tires?
Old 07-31-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

They are a few Rustlers at the track. The key is to get the right rims that fit with the Proline Holeshot rear tires and Proline Edge Front tires. Check out the Rustler / Traxxas forums for advice on which rim will fit.

The rustler can be fine for an introductry truck. When you get faster then I would suggest a T4 team truck or a XXXT-cr. You can also find good kits used on the forums for both.

I started with a used RC10 years ago to keep the cost down and as I progressed I got better equipment and spent my money on good tires and learning set ups.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by lbckevin
They are a few Rustlers at the track. The key is to get the right rims that fit with the Proline Holeshot rear tires and Proline Edge Front tires. Check out the Rustler / Traxxas forums for advice on which rim will fit.

The rustler can be fine for an introductry truck. When you get faster then I would suggest a T4 team truck or a XXXT-cr. You can also find good kits used on the forums for both.

I started with a used RC10 years ago to keep the cost down and as I progressed I got better equipment and spent my money on good tires and learning set ups.
Do you have a membership there?
Old 07-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Rookie

What do you race there?
Old 07-31-2008, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Willdawg4th
What do you race there?

I have a membership at OCRC, it saves you $5 each time you practice and race. I race 4wd mod buggy and stock truck.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

I've seen good drivers race modified Rustlers in the Mod Truck class and do well. While the Rustler isn't the best platform for racing, it can be a good one to learn with. Traxxas durability is second to none in my opinion, so you won't break a part every time you wreck, which will be often when you're new.

RPM 2.2 wheels for Rustler - there is a small selection of wheels for the Rustler, and 2.2 truck tires will fit. Those Clawz look pretty dang hot for example. Go to the local track and find out what tires the fast guys are running. Most likely it's Losi pink taper pins for moist/packed clay or holeshots/bowties for dusty or bluegroove surfaces.

Start with a new set of tires on your existing setup and try to run clean laps - forget about running fast. Run as slow as you must to get back to back clean laps without hitting any rails or flipping over. Gradually try it a little bit faster, take your time learning. It's not something you are going to be able to walk on and accomplish even if a world champ hands you his truck.

You can also work on spring rates and shock oil until you get something that you like. What you learn here is going to pay off if and when you decide it's time to get a faster truck. Just keep in mind that often the "best" racers are the most fragile and will break if you tumble.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

I have a membership at OCRC, it saves you $5 each time you practice and race. I race 4wd mod buggy and stock truck.
I thought you had the gold membership?
Old 07-31-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
I thought you had the gold membership?
I do.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

I do.
Well I thought you get like all practices for free. I thought on the bronze membership you only get $5 off.

And if I get the bronze membership, it says get 1 club race. Is that for Wed, Fri, and Sunday or what?
Old 07-31-2008, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
Well I thought you get like all practices for free. I thought on the bronze membership you only get $5 off.

And if I get the bronze membership, it says get 1 club race. Is that for Wed, Fri, and Sunday or what?
When you sign up for the bronze membership, your first race is free...(any race day) and you get $5 off each future practice or racing.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

oh cool. I am gonna get that then because I will go there more than 4 more times in a year. I will probably go every month.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I keep on thinking about getting a Rustler and actually set it up to race... We never see anybody but total newbs at our track with those.. Some with that "stupid fast" brushless using 3cell lipos.. They zip down the track doing wheelies down the straight and then either start flipping or forget to let off and hit the wall when they can't turn! lol..

Most racers.. sadly to say myself included usually tell these folks they are better off buying a "race" truck when they start asking why a Stock 27T powered truck is faster on the track than their brushless beast.

Driving skill is the most important! Tires are important too.. and then the suspension..

The path of least resistance would be to get a race platform.. out of the box setup is going to work better than the RTR Rustler..

And you can just take the electronics out of the Traxxas and put them into another truck.. If they work.. why not? But it won't be looked at as cool..

It's a hobby! Have fun!

Jerome
Old 08-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JeromeK99
I keep on thinking about getting a Rustler and actually set it up to race... We never see anybody but total newbs at our track with those.. Some with that "stupid fast" brushless using 3cell lipos.. They zip down the track doing wheelies down the straight and then either start flipping or forget to let off and hit the wall when they can't turn! lol..
So are you trying to say they "forget" to turn or the rustler cant turn?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.