Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Paris Memorial Race

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 05:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by richey
Yeaterday was open practise and the weather was great,lots of sun and mild temps. Racing starts at 0900 this morning with 3 rounds and the Challenge race. I will post some pictures to the 4aces site later today.
How about posting the results from yesterdays qualifying.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HOVIK
Well, the results are posted - nice to know I can still be wrong

Being wrong can be a good thing.

Last edited by Rich Browne; 11-11-2008 at 03:00 PM. Reason: I was incorrect
Old 11-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

OMG its raining...
Old 11-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone know who is tq in 1/8?
Old 11-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Mike Strack TQ'd 1/8th
Michael Palazolla won 1/8th

Last edited by Scott Fisher; 11-09-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Default Results

The results will be posted tomorrow on the 4 ACES web site

Jeffery lin tq and won sedan.
Paul coleman won IGT.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Well before anyone comments on how the race was run this weekend, I wanted to let everyone know that I was race managment for the weekend. Rich did not make any of the calls for the race. I made the call for spraying the track on sunday, controlled practice on sunday, shortening up the mains due to weather, and having the mains proceed in a slight drizzle. The GT main had the most moisture fall during the race and was still drivable. If there would have been much more water on the track we would have stopped the race. Same with the 8th scale main. But because we started so late and were under the gun due to day light we had to run them like that. I know a few people we upset with how the mains were run because of this. But all in all I feel that the race and great.

With that said I would like to say congrats to the top 3 in each class....

GT A Main
1. Paul Coleman
2. Jeffery Lin
3. Brian Thomas

Sedan A Main
1. Jeffery Lin
2. Darren Ishitani
3. Brian Thomas

!/8th Scale A Main
1. Michael Palazola
2. Mark Sweeny
3. Thello Jurdon

I would also like to thank Garen and Jeff for letting me run their IGT car. I had such a great time racing it this weekend.

I would also like to thank all the racers for making the program run very smoothly all weekend. It was great seening everyone again.

Rich will have the full results posted on the 4Aces web site very soon.

Mike Braun
Old 11-10-2008, 11:12 AM
SAM KAMIKAZE

Old 11-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HOVIK

This is not me. Some loser decided to make a fake account under my name and post crap. Disregard any further posts by "HOVIK". My criticizing of some people on this forum last week hit a nerve

Thanks.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just got home. Great Party. Thanks Rich (and crew)!!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had a great time at this race, 1st time out running in the GT class, too much fun, track was good all week, good people, thanks to Steve Nyuen on the Ofna team for hooking me up with a set of foams and doing some tricky cuts in it that made my car hook up unreal Thanks Boris and Robert R. for some pit action, Steve Jackson for some set up tips on the diffs etc.

A little rain during the gt main made it cool for some drift action in the class.

Can't wait for the next race here in the GT class, I'm in. Gotta luv that class, it's an open class with .28 limit and on road sedan type body, it's all good.

Great job to all who ran the program, I thought it ran smooth as butter.

Laters,

Billy T.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

I agree Billy it was fun week GT class was great, it was great to run with all the fast guys.

thanks for pitting for me in my 1/8 scale class. After 3 DNS in qualifing its was nice to see my luck changed and my car ran great in the main, oh well next time.

Thanks again to Rich in crew for all hard work in setting up the event, and for nice clean up after Saturday night rain. I know it rained on some race but at least we got to run.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I had a good time and it was different running in the wet.
congrats to Jeffery Lin for his sedan win and Paul Coleman.

I would also like to thank Rich Craig and Mike. and the 4 aces crew.

Last edited by Michael P; 11-10-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I had a great time as well, Michael P. you kicked a$$ congrats to you Jeffery Lin and Paul Coleman on your wins. Thanks to Rich, Mike, Craig and the whole crew for running a smooth race as usual
Old 11-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

We got home last night around 10 and I think another day or two and I might get caught up on sleep. I had a great time at the race, and I am happy to see the numbers once again increasing at the Vegas events. The GT class had the biggest jump in entries with 18 total, and I think this is a great sign for on road nitro racing.

A big thank you to the entire 4 Aces crew, Byron Fuels, Johnny Bravo, and all the other sponsors and suppliers for all the hard work and donations that made the race possible. I know some of the racers were a bit skeptical with the track conditions, but IMO it was just fine. The track is/was the same for everyone, and it was actually fun and challenging to have to work on the setup to make the car work well as opposed to having a super sticky, slot car type track to race on. I found some old race results and for anyone who thinks the track was ‘no good’, here’s some food for thought. The fastest qual time from the 06 Paris race, which was run on a very high bite/sticky track and included 5 rounds of quals instead of 3, was only 3 seconds faster than the fastest qual time from this year’s race. I am pretty sure I set my fastest ever qual time for this layout this past weekend.

The rain on Sunday morning threw a wrench into the program, and I think the crew put in about 4 hours to get the track back to drivable shape. The rain during the GT and 1/8th mains did make it interesting, but no one can deny that the GT race was a good one between Paul and Jeffrey and for the little bit of the 1/8th main I got to drive in, I thought the decision to keep the race going was the right one.

It was great to see drivers from all over the country, including Wisconsin, Utah, Illinois, and Colorado. It’s really a shame that some racers chose not to come, not because they did not have the time or resources, but because they allow what really is unimportant matters to get in the way. I think all the nonsense going on online is not doing anyone any good, and people (on both sides) should put all the BS aside and get back to racing and having fun. We only have a limited number of places to race and a limited number of people willing to do a lot of work which is often unappreciated and easily criticized. A ton of work has been done at this track by a small number of people, nearly all of it geared at making the event better for those who attend.

I hope Rich continues to hold events, and if he does, the Motonica GP will be happening the weekend of April 25-26. I hope this is far enough in advance so that the other regional clubs can schedule their races accordingly and avoid the confusion we had this year.

One last thing- big props to Mike Braun for not only making the GT main with a rent-a-ride car, but out qualifying and beating several fast drivers (myself included) and big congrats to Paul Coleman for winning the GT class. Not bad for an off road guy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.