Wiki Posts
Search

KO Propo VFS-2000 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Devil666
hi guys, need your feedback:

if i wire my VFS2000 to the GT7 wire & schottky diode harness kit, would it be sufficient to run a 10-turn modified motor? or do i still need to solder on the original KO super schottky diode?

also, do i need to install another additional power-up condensor?

thanks.
I don't know about wiring it up with the GT7 harness, but the Novak schottky is fine. Just be sure to turn your brakes down to about 60% on the radio...
Old 09-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by utieh
KO PROPO staff,

I have a problem with my VFS 2000,
1 month ago during a race the speedo didn't want to work at all, only the red LED were on but absolutely no signal to the motor (steering servo was working fine).
After a few days I reinstalled it in my car and it worked like before.
2 weeks ago I attended a race and it did exactly the same.
It seems that is not possible to download any program since the ESC is not "reacting" when I push the setting button and when I plug in the battery the ESC is turned on already (can't turn it off)

I don't think I can fix this myself.
Should I send it to KO USA or KO J-Land?
Do you have any contact/address or e-mail if it is in Japan
Will it cost something?

Thank you very much.
Best regards.

Gilles
Gilles,
You should contact the International office. Goto our webiste and click on the "Contact Us" link in the upper right corner. The international office email address is there.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
Gilles,
You should contact the International office. Goto our webiste and click on the "Contact Us" link in the upper right corner. The international office email address is there.
Thanks.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Robert, I'll pick up the speedo from you after I complete my move. I'll send you the $ from my new station.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default KO Propo Staff: Fried Super Diode?

Hello:
I've got a question regarding a harness I made for the VFS 2000.

I wanted to create a harness that would contain the super diode so I could use it with different motors.

I basically soldered the doide inlne with the positive and negative leads going to the motor. Additionally i soldered the pigtale from the (+) battery terminal to the (+) terminal on the doide location (the (+) inline positive lead to the motor). I put some nice shrink wrap and the thing looked like you could sell it on your web-site.

NOT!!!- after I turned it on and pulled the trigger the harness started smoking and smell like burned plastic. Obviously smoked the diode.

My question is this.....did I just shorten the life of the VFS unit? -It's brand new : (

What happens if I don't use the diode?

Also, after checking the fourm I thought I read, from your post it was acceptable to wire this way? If not please clarify how this should be done.

Anyone else have this experience?

Thanks again.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:21 AM
Tech Addict

hi guys, need your feedback:

if i wire my VFS2000 to the GT7 wire & schottky diode harness kit, would it be sufficient to run a 10-turn modified motor? or do i still need to solder on the original KO super schottky diode?

also, do i need to install another additional power-up condensor?

thanks.
anyone tried doing this before? Is it possible and safe?
Old 09-28-2004, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

anyone tried doing this before? Is it possible and safe?
jebus man, I posted a response to your question already...its at the top of this page...
Old 09-28-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

yes i can see that you said using the GT7 schottky diode is fine, but you dont know about the GT7 harness....so im asking if anyone has tried using WITH the harness.......
Old 09-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

ahh..indeed...I stand corrected, sorry m8.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: KO Propo Staff: Fried Super Diode?

Originally posted by Electro-MAX RC
Hello:
I've got a question regarding a harness I made for the VFS 2000.

I wanted to create a harness that would contain the super diode so I could use it with different motors.

I basically soldered the doide inlne with the positive and negative leads going to the motor. Additionally i soldered the pigtale from the (+) battery terminal to the (+) terminal on the doide location (the (+) inline positive lead to the motor). I put some nice shrink wrap and the thing looked like you could sell it on your web-site.

NOT!!!- after I turned it on and pulled the trigger the harness started smoking and smell like burned plastic. Obviously smoked the diode.

My question is this.....did I just shorten the life of the VFS unit? -It's brand new : (

What happens if I don't use the diode?

Also, after checking the fourm I thought I read, from your post it was acceptable to wire this way? If not please clarify how this should be done.

Anyone else have this experience?

Thanks again.
electro-max.. the only time this happened to me.. i was running stock..and i attached the Hyperbooster the wrong way (connected positive to the negative side of the motor) .. my car was set down.. i grab a hand full of throttle..and the car didnt move.. the inside of the body just filled up with smoke. my esc was fine, but i toasted the hyperbooster. im assuming this is what happened to you also? im assuming tho. im happen i smoked the hyperbooster instead of the esc since the hyperbooster is cheaper to replace. it also doesnt shorten the life of your esc.

then again.. if you connect the esc backwards on your motor.. all that happens is your car goes in reverse! (not that ive had experience with that.... yet. *knock on wood* )
Old 09-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Where's a good place to get the vfs2000 handheld adapter cheap? Or anyone willing to let go theirs? Cheers.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default VFS-2000 Setup Instruction in English

Hebiki

-thanks for the response. FYI I did fry my hperbooster, I thought that the vertical white line identified the negative lead, obviously not, -i should have looked more closely at the instructions that are written in Japaneese. Which by the way leads me to my next question....

Does anyone know where I can find the English version of the VFS2000 manual online? The website only has the English instruction for the handheld device.

I ended up using the setup insturctions for the KSC-1200F and it seems to work fine. I just want to have it to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Thanks again!
Old 09-30-2004, 10:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: VFS-2000 Setup Instruction in English

Originally posted by diesel
Where's a good place to get the vfs2000 handheld adapter cheap? Or anyone willing to let go theirs? Cheers.
check the for sale thread here.. there are a lot going up for sale since everyone is buying the VFS-1. so you should be able to pick it up.

Originally posted by Electro-MAX RC
Hebiki

-thanks for the response. FYI I did fry my hperbooster, I thought that the vertical white line identified the negative lead, obviously not, -i should have looked more closely at the instructions that are written in Japaneese. Which by the way leads me to my next question....

Does anyone know where I can find the English version of the VFS2000 manual online? The website only has the English instruction for the handheld device.

I ended up using the setup insturctions for the KSC-1200F and it seems to work fine. I just want to have it to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Thanks again!
what do you need to set up for your VFS2000? i can probably walk you through it if you need help. just let me know!
Old 10-02-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've listed my VFS2000, programmer and other KO electronics if anyone's interested:

Click Here
Old 10-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default vfs 2000

I just finished getting a setting adapter for this speedo. What else do I need to get it ready for installation? Do I need a cap, schottky, hyper booster?....I don't have the instructions for this speedo and I want to install it asap. thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.