Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Foams thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Doggy- I'm not sure about the sedan thing this weekend, I just got my new 1/12th (Zack was driving my old one)..... If I can get the Losi handling well in 2 hours I guess I will..... My brother could possibly be making his return to the track on Saturday.... if he does I may be wrenching on his car during practice...LOL
Old 08-25-2003, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Yer I heard Zack was running your car, is that the original front suspension that came with the car? Looks a little primative, also the rear suspension on it was smooth when going to one side, but it actually hits a piece of graphite that juts out so when you turn right the rear suspension won't compress all the way. What new 1/12th did you get? Does your brother run 1/12th or sedan?
Old 08-26-2003, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

HUH?? I'll have to look at the car for him nothing was bound up when I sold it to him????..... That's the old skool front end,alot of guys still use it and it actuallty works quite well....

My brother races sedan, I am gonna buy him a 1/12th car, but not til' Christmas.....

I bought the carpet knife, I wanted the REV.3 ,but nobody had it in stock.... so I will order 1 in a few weeks....LOL
Old 08-26-2003, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

I tried some more household products as compounds, most failed miserable but the ez off oven cleaner add's a fair about of traction but still not as much as the California Baby SPF30 or the Olay complete UV moisture lotion. O yer if you ever want to take traction out of foams try honey, I know it sounds weird but I coated some and rubbed it in, the foams soaked up the honey and my purple foams felt like blues.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Man guys from the thread decription, I have found TRC foams to be the most aggressive between them and Jaco-which I liked, haven't tried the takeoff but looks too synthetic.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Olay, Oh my goddness gladly GOD please take hold of this super rasberry, olay for conditioner, man let me grab that trinity royal oil

Old 08-26-2003, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

proudwinner - Not for conditioner for Traction compound. But I'd say most moisturizing lotions would be almost the same wouldn't they?
Old 08-26-2003, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

moistures are good for keep life of the tire, I would want something to make the material grab like h*ll-something petroleum, some new, something making something.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

California Baby SPF30 Grab's like hell, paragon can't touch this stuff.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:21 AM
Tech Master

Like trinity royal oil, I don't want coconut oil on me tires.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Proud- i have a buddy who loves the takeoff tires. They work well, i gave them a shot in nitro and their nitro tires worked well. I havent tried the elec ones yet though.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Doggy when you come up on Saturday if you hook me up with a stick of that california baby stuff and I'll pay you back as soon as you get up here.....

Sometimes the most unlikely products add traction....

Rubber tires-
deisel fuel
soapy water
denatured alcohol
grape soda

Just to name a few

Some work as compounds that actually break down the rubber and make it stickier, others just clean all of the racing residue off to restore the tires origional stickiness, and others just add traction for the first few laps until the tires heat up......

I wanna try the spf stick because it should be alot cleaner than liquids.....
Old 08-27-2003, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

IMPACTPLAYR - I'll tell you what, I'll be working with moisturizing lotion this weekend as compound and I've got some of the spf stuff left, so you can try it out. I'd rather you make sure you like it better then red dot before you shell out cash on it. If you like it I can get you a stick no sweat, providing they have at the shop where I found it outside. Is this ok with you? I'd feel bad if I got you some and it didn't live up to your expectations.....

Last edited by fatdoggy; 08-27-2003 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not using red dot on my 1/12th, it's either that stuff or paragon..... But that would be cool!
Old 08-28-2003, 12:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Our track is going to start running foams in the 19t sedan class and I was have a few questions about it. I'm just looking to get some practice on driving and set up with foam tires before we start racing them.

Is it neccessary to cut you foam tires down to racing diameter just for practice? Should I just practice with the tires how they come new and than cut them down when we start racing?

What is the formula for roll out with foam tires for a sedan? I know the formula to figure out your final drive ratio for a sedan and how to figure out the roll out for a 1/12 scale. But with foam tires you need to include the tire diameter because it changes over time.

Here's my last question. What sort of changes should I make to my transmitter settings for running foams? I have a Futaba 3PJS. I'm pretty sure I'll want to adjust the steerign exponential so there's a slight delay. But what about the thottle curve and that stuff? Any input or opinions on any of my questions will be very helpful. But please no set up tips for my car. I want to figure out that stuff on my own, I'll ask when I finally run into a problem with getting my car to handle. Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.