Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AE CORR truck?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

The tire thing can absolutely not be a limiting factor. Period.

Our local track, when watered, does not provide Velcro-like traction for the Slash tires, even with the stock motor. It's more like controlled drifting, haha. But yet even in those conditions, I've gone faster with more power. Significantly faster. That alone proves that tires themselves cannot be the limiting factor.

Tires, motor, ESC, servo. Keep the bodies closed-wheel, the gear diff, and establish a minimum ground clearance. After that, let people go have fun.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Legend

Hey Arron , maybe you have not run a Slash yet ?

The stock tires work real good ...

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 07-29-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Uh, okay George.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Tech Legend

The problem I see right from the get go is a lot racer`s think the Slash will be a serious racing class like buggies , trucks, ect...

So these racers think spec this and that , and completely miss the fact that the Slash offers a new class for new racers that does not required skills or set-up help.

Slash`s are just for fun , keep it that way and we will get new racers aboard and joining our sport...

That is why I`m supporting it .....

Think !

Finally a new racer can play R/c real cheap and not get in huff if he hacks someone or whatever...

We don`t need another racing as much as we need a class that is for fun and will bring in new blood...

When Ae and the other manufactures come out with their Corr racing rides, then it will be time to discuss spec rules ect...

Hope you guys understand....
Old 07-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Slash should be the offroad equivalent of Tamiya Mini
Old 07-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron

Our local track, when watered, does not provide Velcro-like traction for the Slash tires, even with the stock motor. It's more like controlled drifting, haha. But yet even in those conditions, I've gone faster with more power. Significantly faster. That alone proves that tires themselves cannot be the limiting factor.

Tires, motor, ESC, servo. Keep the bodies closed-wheel, the gear diff, and establish a minimum ground clearance. After that, let people go have fun.
limiting the ESC, servo, and rear end?
Old 07-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron

Sheesk - at that rate people might as well be leaving them at the track so everyone will know nobody dared touch 'em...........

With that amount of nitpicking and prerequisite teardown to prove who's running what it sounds closer to NASCAR than any sort of fun class.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rocket-mtrsprts
Sheesk - at that rate people might as well be leaving them at the track so everyone will know nobody dared touch 'em...........

With that amount of nitpicking and prerequisite teardown to prove who's running what it sounds closer to NASCAR than any sort of fun class.
+1

For the trillionth time, split 'em in two, regulate (NOT SPEC) the motors in one, let 'em strap whatever they feel they can handle for the other, block tread tires for both & let the market figure out the rest
Old 07-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I would think tires and motorwould be all that is needed. Most guys are pretty cool about it. You dont wanna be caught cheatin racin with your bro's.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

From the AE stadium truck thread in Electric Offroad:
Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
Here, watch me define a perfectly legitimate set of rules for CORR-style R/C truck racing:
2WD electric, anyways...

Basic Rules
Body & Chassis: Full-bodied 2WD truck chassis. Rear Spoilers/wings are not allowed

Tires: Any full-body style stadium truck tire with a block tread; no slicks, pins, ribs, or fuzzies allowed.

Sportsman-2 (aka the new "Stock Truck")
Motor: Any ROAR-approved 27T 24° Stock motor, RTR modified, or brushless equivalent

Battery: 6-cell NiCd/NiMH or {insert whatever the hell an equivalent LiPo is here}

Truck must weigh a minimum of {insert weight here} when track-ready (this is mostly for LiPo users, that weight would be a tick under what the truck would weigh with a 6-cell nickel pack installed)

Pro-2
Motor: Knock yourself out. If you can't hang onto it because of wheelspin or you start going through transmissions, instead of blaming the track conditions maybe ease up on the trigger or consider you've got a little too much motor in the truck

Battery: If you can instill a degree of confidence it's not capable of turning the track into a smoldering crater, go for it

Weight: Lighter is faster, right?

Any questions, ask the race director
Any whining about having no traction, go buy a carpet car

Was that so difficult?
Old 07-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
Here, watch me define a perfectly legitimate set of rules for CORR-style R/C truck racing:
2WD electric, anyways...

Basic Rules
Body & Chassis: Full-bodied 2WD truck chassis. Rear Spoilers/wings are not allowed

Tires: Any full-body style stadium truck tire with a block tread; no slicks, pins, ribs, or fuzzies allowed.

Sportsman-2 (aka the new "Stock Truck")
Motor: Any ROAR-approved 27T 24° Stock motor, RTR modified, or brushless equivalent

Battery: 6-cell NiCd/NiMH or {insert whatever the hell an equivalent LiPo is here}

Truck must weigh a minimum of {insert weight here} when track-ready (this is mostly for LiPo users, that weight would be a tick under what the truck would weigh with a 6-cell nickel pack installed)

Pro-2
Motor: Knock yourself out. If you can't hang onto it because of wheelspin or you start going through transmissions, instead of blaming the track conditions maybe ease up on the trigger or consider you've got a little too much motor in the truck

Battery: If you can instill a degree of confidence it's not capable of turning the track into a smoldering crater, go for it

Weight: Lighter is faster, right?

Any questions, ask the race director
Any whining about having no traction, go buy a carpet car

Was that so difficult?
I'm with ya dude....

It still just cracks me up when someone suggests "I've gone faster with more power. Significantly faster. That alone proves that tires themselves cannot be the limiting factor."

People don't run significantly faster, as in more laps, from stock to modified in any of the other classes so to suggest it here is not only pretty silly, it's impossible.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

I'll tell ya what cracks me up is how everybody expects these things to run exactly the same across the planet.

People...it's DIRT. Some tracks you'll be fast, some tracks you'll be slow. Some tracks you might even start fast and slow down, or vice versa. Again, it's DIRT. It changes. Get up off your lazy butt and work on your truck & your driving to adapt, instead of throwing up your hands saying "I can't drive this, something must be wrong!" and regulating the bejeezus out of an otherwise diverse form of racing.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rocket-mtrsprts
I'm with ya dude....

It still just cracks me up when someone suggests "I've gone faster with more power. Significantly faster. That alone proves that tires themselves cannot be the limiting factor."

People don't run significantly faster, as in more laps, from stock to modified in any of the other classes so to suggest it here is not only pretty silly, it's impossible.
You know you are talking about a guy who, I believe, used to be sponsored by Losi and now writes for an rc magazine, so I personally would believe what he says, but that's just me.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

wouldnt it be cool though to have 15 trucks racing that go the same speed. that would be some fun close racing. thats what this class should be about. not getting a $200 truck and dumping $500 into it. it would be a perfect class for newbies.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by whoajoe
You know you are talking about a guy who, I believe, used to be sponsored by Losi and now writes for an rc magazine, so I personally would believe what he says, but that's just me.
And I'm a guy that's sponsored by Clutch Wipes and writes for RC Competition Magazine, and I share his opinion. What's your point?

We all put our pants on one leg at a time, and the stuff he flushes down his toilet isn't worth anything more or less than yours or mine or anyone elses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.