Wiki Posts
Search

South Florida Electric Off Road Tracks?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 01:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

South Florida Electric Off Road Tracks?

Who here lives in South Florida?

Does anyone know of any off road tracks in South Florida that run electric classes? I used to race at Mills Pond a few years ago, but apparently they stopped racing electric classes a while ago, same with the coral springs track, so to my knowledge there are no off road tracks in south florida at all that race any electric classes.

On another note, yesterday I was at South County Regional Park in Boca Raton running my 1/8 scale Miss Budweiser R/C boat in one of the many lakes there and as I was driving out of the park I noticed a sign which said "R/C Raceway" so I followed the signs and came to this awesome off road track! Boy was I surprised when I found this! Well anyways, there was no information, no banners, noone there, nothing... I don't even know what the name of the track is and everyone that i've talked to hasn't heard of it either. Does anyone know when the race and practice days at this track are? Does anyone know have any information about this track or know of someone who I can contact about it? The track is obviously used on a weekly basis because it was very well groomed.

Any information is greatly appreciated!
Old 08-27-2003, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Hmmm... I'd be happy if there was a track in Dade County , PERIOD!

I've haven't heard anything about Miami R/C Raceway in a LONG time, so I don't even know if it's around... Not that I've had time in the last year, but at least it would be incentive to find some!
Old 08-27-2003, 06:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Check this out:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=23366
Old 09-12-2003, 02:22 PM
Tech Adept

Accord:

While the nitro racers may outnumber the Electric racers on the off-road track at the Mills Pond track (Broward County R/C Race Club), they still are racing electric classes when the electric guys show up.

We sure race electric on the Oval!
Old 09-15-2003, 06:01 AM
Tech Adept

The Broward County R/C Race Club and its tracks at Mills Pond Park certainly do want all types of r/c racing. If the electric off-road racers come back out to the track that is all that's needed to get it going again. It is a CLUB for all constituancies and all types of racing. It's not just a 1/8 scale gas class club.

Saturday night (9/13) we were back to 4 heats of electric on the oval and 3 heats of gas on the off-road. It hasnt been too long since there were 5 or 6 heats (classes) on the off-road.

You guys come on back!