Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 IFMAR 1/10 200mm On-Road World Championships: Aug 7-17

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW I bet mugen will be pissed not making the main I think fukuda and Rick would've been better off running the original ninja back to the drawing boards on the jx....and possibly a new car from mugen?

Great win for Daniele with a very well set tactic, cruise to conserve tires and power on at the end for the win.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rc_Boy89
WOW I bet mugen will be pissed not making the main I think fukuda and Rick would've been better off running the original ninja back to the drawing boards on the jx....and possibly a new car from mugen?

Great win for Daniele with a very well set tactic, cruise to conserve tires and power on at the end for the win.
It didn't seem like they were off pace that much if at all. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Not everyone there was a sponsored driver. Why aren't more "privateers" choosing to run the Mugen at major events. Why are so many choosing Kyosho and Xray? Yeah yeah I know each one is supposed to be the best blah blah.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

Well done to Daniele Ielasi on winning the 2008 World Championship with your KYOSHO/PICCO!

Good to see them back at the top!
Old 08-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stefan
Hi Marcos, Daniele is a free agent in 200mm. Maybe I can talk him into a MTX4
He talked me into his engines as well, so it'd be just fair.
I´m not sure that is the same thing though.....
Old 08-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Wow, the only PICCO/IDM engine and it won!!! It is about time so this engine can get the respect that it always deserved..
Old 08-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Hey, I got a question for anyone that was in Lisbon, how many of the drivers in the finals stopped for a tire change, did anyone go the distance without one?

Steve
Old 08-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dnitro
Wow, the only PICCO/IDM engine and it won!!! It is about time so this engine can get the respect that it always deserved..
Don,
That is not a PICCO/IDM engine, it's a PICCO E.Picco (Eduardo) modified engine, as you can see on the picture, yes they are both Picco based engine but E.Picco is the brother of Alberto Picco that has his own line of modified engines and IDM is Ielasi's own line of engine, but this time Ielasi chose to run the E.Picco modified engine, Ielasi did not run his own line of engine, if not then it should be the IDM in his car and not the E.Picco modified that he used to win the world championship.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Sup Marcos

Bobby Watson,here sup man, you makin the Sedan Nats at the Fort,also congrads Chris an Kyosho,Mr IDM,Paul L,an Josh thanks for the updates.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Hey, I got a question for anyone that was in Lisbon, how many of the drivers in the finals stopped for a tire change, did anyone go the distance without one?

Steve
Paul was the one that stopped for tires, with a 2 lap lead....

I do not think anyone else made a tire stop.

I know one changed engines... in the main....
Old 08-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Rc_Boy89;4746072]WOW I bet mugen will be pissed not making the main I think fukuda and Rick would've been better off running the original ninja back to the drawing boards on the jx....and possibly a new car from mugen?

Another brand is more pissed that it spent 2 years to improve someone's, but not improve to make a RRR alike.
Think about it!!!!
How about a N"R"-1?
Old 08-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
Hey, and Serpent will be back!

Now, we just need to get Mugen of that "we need our own engine " trip, so they can also win again
I think you are quite right.!
Old 08-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by choisan

Another brand is more pissed that it spent 2 years to improve someone's, but not improve to make a RRR alike.
Think about it!!!!
How about a N"R"-1?
If you can't beat them follow them.
They should of stuck to coping Kyosho but no the pick Losi 808, Mugen NT1and Tamiya 008
Old 08-16-2008, 10:04 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Great job Paul!!!

See you back in the states soon!
Old 08-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Congrats to Daniele on his win. So do Kyosho claim this as an official victory (even though not a sponsored driver) for their car or that fact that he was running a modded car with NT1 tank put a dampner on it?

Great commentary by all of you - was interesting reading your thoughts on the whole thing.

Now can one of you astute chaps summarise the placings listing for the all the finals with all the usuals, ie car, engine, body used etc that would be great!

Cheers.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Don,
That is not a PICCO/IDM engine, it's a PICCO E.Picco (Eduardo) modified engine, as you can see on the picture, yes they are both Picco based engine but E.Picco is the brother of Alberto Picco that has his own line of modified engines and IDM is Ielasi's own line of engine, but this time Ielasi chose to run the E.Picco modified engine, Ielasi did not run his own line of engine, if not then it should be the IDM in his car and not the E.Picco modified that he used to win the world championship.
Sam,
that's quite a statement you are issueing here.

If you look at any picture of Daniele's car at any major race, you will see him running a blue heat sink, be it 1:10 or 1:8.

This is out of respect to Picco for the support he gets from the factory.

Between you and I, do you REALLY think that he builds some of the fastest engines available and gets his own engines done by Edo?
Are you sure it was not a JLR Red Dot?

Btw, at the last Nationals over here, I saw factory drivers ( and I won't say any names) take engines of a competitor(Novarossi based) and put their own heat sink on them, because they couldn't get there own engines(Picco based) to perform.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.