2008 IFMAR 1/10 200mm On-Road World Championships: Aug 7-17

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default .

Old 08-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ALG
The problem is that the ruels says 5.2 diam for the stinger hole. nothing more.

they DONT specify that the complet stinger must be 5.2!!!
if that is the problem SIRIO used the rules to their side and the MUST must change for the next, because the rules were GIVEN at the start and there are official results OUT.

the ruel dont specify if the inlet and outlet of the stinger must be 5.2mm,

I think RC Racing is getting so PRO that the ruels must be according to them, PRO.

m2c
Regards
ALG
The ENTIRE pipe must be homologated before it can be used. When you change the pipe, you have to re-submit it, which obviously hasn't happened.

Fact is, that the pipe used is not the same as that which was approved, e.g. it is not legal.

Easy, ain't it?
Old 08-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T-BODZ Terry B.
1/10 Sedan in 2010 & 1/8 Open in 2011 from what I
was told yesterday by 2 tracks submiting the requests to
host them.
Let's just hope that under Obama, the immigration monkeys are going to be a bit more relaxed than they are right now, otherwise you probably won't have any dang foreigners to compete with...

But then again, maybe that would be much appreciated
Old 08-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T-BODZ Terry B.
Great Planes / Futaba America received their 1st shipment
during the 1st week of July / last month.

Yes, it's 2.4ghz and is lighter than the 3PKS. Very well
balanced and comfortable to grip.
Rick Vessell had one at the GLC. It looked pretty good. Felt good also.

DJ Apolaro
Old 08-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
The ENTIRE pipe must be homologated before it can be used. When you change the pipe, you have to re-submit it, which obviously hasn't happened.

Fact is, that the pipe used is not the same as that which was approved, e.g. it is not legal.

Easy, ain't it?
I agree with you that the pipe and the runs should be illegal because the pipe was changed because I'm a 'by the book' type of guy.

It is somewhat amazing that Sirio has so many engines in the top but honestly if you look at the names behind those engines they would still be there even if the pipe was giving them some extremely tiny advantage. Maybe I am missing how large of an advantage this change is, but obviously they made it for a reason so it might be huge since runtime is such a large factor for some of the racers.

If any of you watch nascar or many forms of real car racing, if you're not cheatin, your not winnin is the motto.. I believe nascar has a crew chief suspended or fined every other race or so but most of the time the drivers keep the points.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Easy, ain't it?
the timing makes it not that easy. if this came out during controlled practice or early qualifiers (if IFMAR-scrutiny did their job properly) and the drivers got dq-ed, they still would have another change to qualify. it is very awkward (or convinient from another point of view) that if they got dq-ed NOW they are OUT of the tournement.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Just seems that there a still some sore losers the pipe is not going to make such a huge advantage over the 1st version. A lot of great talent & experience is what it took for the top 4 drivers to secure there spots
Old 08-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arahawak
Yupz..

They are the only yellow rims and look out for that sticker at the end of the shell
Yes this is Kawahara Wheel & tire
Old 08-15-2008, 12:48 PM
ALG
Tech Regular

Easy, ain't it?
CRISTAL CLEAR,
there CANNOT be 2 type for a same #.
seriously I think, SIRIO should pack and GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHEATING on this sport or any sport can NOT be toleraded.
I WILL NEVR BY A SIRIO.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Just seems that there a still some sore losers the pipe is not going to make such a huge advantage over the 1st version. A lot of great talent & experience is what it took for the top 4 drivers to secure there spots

I think Sirio was lucky that the runs were not thrown out...
Part of professionalism is staying within the rules for the team and enforcing the rules for the governing body especially at this level...
Old 08-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Are the lower finals done for the day???
Old 08-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sirio makes fine products and the top 4 drivers all have the talent to be where they are. Having said that, considering the top 5 are separated by 1.6 seconds, and the next 55 by 1 lap (over the course of 10 minutes), any deviation from the rules can become a ‘huge advantage’. But let’s assume the pipe in question does not ‘make such a huge advantage’. How much of an advantage would an illegal pipe, or other illegal part of the car for that matter, have to create to be considered for disqualification or penalty?
Old 08-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Tech Lord

Well.... Novarossi is also no perfect kid of the class....
http://events.redrc.net/2008/07/euro...-pits-part-ii/

Here is shown a different manifold with a in- and output of the 13mm set by the rules but they think that in beween it may be different. Sirio just did the same with the only difference that they did it on the exhaust itself which may not be modified exept the conection to the manifold.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GMartinez
What would you then do with all the other racers that got TQ'ed due to tanks being 1ccm to large, bodies being 1mm too low or wheel nuts sticking out a fraction of a mm?

Pardon them or tell 'em that they are not as important than the a-class Sirio drivers.

Either you go by rules or you don't.

I think, if they had been absolutely fair and strict, they would have had to throw out all the qualifying runs that were done with that pipe.

Sirio's to blame, NOBODY ELSE!
Old 08-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
Well.... Novarossi is also no perfect kid of the class....
http://events.redrc.net/2008/07/euro...-pits-part-ii/

Here is shown a different manifold with a in- and output of the 13mm set by the rules but they think that in beween it may be different. Sirio just did the same with the only difference that they did it on the exhaust itself which may not be modified exept the conection to the manifold.
The issue to me is not whether or not the changes conform to IFMAR rules or not because it does not matter for this race. What matters is that it is not the same as the pipe they submitted and therefore is a different and un-approved pipe.

If Nova's manifold is approved then it is legal. No cheating involved.

If Nova were to submit a manifold with 13mm tubing but show up at a worlds with 15mm tubing without resubmitting the part, that part should be illegal. As far as I know, that has not happened.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.