Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Old 02-27-2006, 01:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AndyT ©
Yep thats right, it has 2 measurements in the manual and the shocks must rebound to the range within these.
Well done James on making the A final yesterday.....was an awesome weekend of racing
Cheers
yeah thanks but unfortunately i didnt finish which means i can only improve next year.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
yeah thanks but unfortunately i didnt finish which means i can only improve next year.
You still did very very well......it was a strong field
Cheers
Old 03-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

has anyone ever had their center shaft front outdrive break ????
is there anyone that sell an aluminium one???
Old 03-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You can purchase an aluminum one here at rcboyz.com and you can also purchase them at towerhobbies .
Old 03-02-2006, 01:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

I had a couple of the drive cups (the plastic ones that the main shaft mounts into) just shatter....the plastic eventually gives from the vibration.
I replaced it with the K-Factory aluminium one (rcmart.com) and had no probs besides a bit of notching.
Cheers
Old 03-02-2006, 02:06 AM
Tech Addict

yeah mine shattered on the weekend. i thought k-factory only made a rear aluminium one and not a front ?
Old 03-02-2006, 07:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Actually a few companies make them in aluminum.

Hardcore Racing
IRS
K-Factory
Golden Horizon

I've tried a few of those I've listed and they worked great with the exception of the notching.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

I raced mine for years and never had a problem with the plastic one. I even used JP modified engines, 6 tooth split gearing and some home modded engines with success and no dicintegration of the plastic cup. I think that it is at least one part that does not need to be upgraded to aluminum. If it is breaking, there is another problem in your driveline that needs to be addressed. It may be a possible bind, even temporary bind may cause the piece to fail. At least with the plastic cup, I did not have to worry about notching.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Exactly - I've only broken one, but when it did break, it was much cheaper to replace the plastic part than the next strongest part - which might have been the aluminum drive shaft, dog bones, etc. This is a good "fusible link" IMO.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Trust me, don't buy aluminum one....just use the stock one and keep replacing it if they are getting old...

Reason..? Alum one, after using it for a while, because it is a shaft drive, and because you will use BRAKE a lot on NTC3...it will create a SLOT onto the cup after a while...then later, it will get LOCKED into that slot, then it will start stripping your internal gear...

MAY BE the Trinity/K-factory one are a better one IF you really want to use this option.........I have the GH and 3Racing one...both are slotted and now are in the pit box collecting dust. Running my NTC3 for 3 year plus, I think I replaced only 2 stock outdrive so far........STOCK one is the best one.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

yeah mine shattered on the weekend. i thought k-factory only made a rear aluminium one and not a front ?
They make a front one as well....i used it for around 6 months with no probs other than the minor notching it had.....Steve was running a different kind in his NTC3 on the weekend, not sure if you managed to see it or not?
Old 03-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AndyT ©
They make a front one as well....i used it for around 6 months with no probs other than the minor notching it had.....Steve was running a different kind in his NTC3 on the weekend, not sure if you managed to see it or not?
no i didnt manage to have a look
Old 03-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey James, I had a search on the Rcmart website and it looks like theyre not carrying the front drive cup anymore.
Heres a link to the part on K-Factorys website....you may have to source it from the USA?
http://www.kfactoryracing.com/prolis...09190223-83962
The front drive cup is on the bottom right hand corner of the page.
Cheers Andy
Old 03-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

the plastic front cup breaks easy with a one way,if you gotta diff in the front you dont need the aluminum cup.i had plastic on mine forever,but when i tried a one way i destroyed a bunch of plastic ones.one tap on the boards and its toast.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Guys, I have my NTC3 lying in my store for abt 4 yrs now..
Am thinking of getting back to RC again.. However, I'm not sure if I should get myself a new one, or to get my NTC3 running back again.

What would u all advice?
Should I, or should I not??

I really like the NTC3 a lot!! Very low CG, low-lying car.. Handles well.. But then, because of its 'age', am not sure if its a feasible thing to have it running again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.