Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 09:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks - looks like I am going with the K-Factory Centax for my NTC3.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Grease

Hey Guys,

Have been running the NTC3 for a few months now and have noticed that the Stealth grease tends to fly off the ring gears after a days running. This is not a problem, however if not attended to the ring gear seems to "dry out" and you can see residue from the gears in the bottom and top of the diff cases along with the grease.

Has anybody had a similar problem to this? Are there any alternatives to the stealth grease??

Appart from this (which is not a major drama) the car has shown promising results.

Regards

Kyle
Old 12-29-2003, 12:47 AM
Tech Adept

hi,
I want to fit a sideport engine (nova c-12) into my nTC3, do I need to buy AE's manifold or will a normal one work? I also have an option to use a manifold from a Tamiya TG-10. Could that be used? TIA.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Grease

Originally posted by Kyle Hazell
Have been running the NTC3 for a few months now and have noticed that the Stealth grease tends to fly off the ring gears after a days running. This is not a problem, however if not attended to the ring gear seems to "dry out" and you can see residue from the gears in the bottom and top of the diff cases along with the grease.

Has anybody had a similar problem to this? Are there any alternatives to the stealth grease??

Appart from this (which is not a major drama) the car has shown promising results.

Regards

Kyle

i have been having the same problem. ... 1 race day and the diffs feels like there's rubber inside... these are the times i feel wish we could just fill our diffs with silicon oil.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by one-nil
hi,
I want to fit a sideport engine (nova c-12) into my nTC3, do I need to buy AE's manifold or will a normal one work? I also have an option to use a manifold from a Tamiya TG-10. Could that be used? TIA.
the kit comes with its own manifod, and coupling for rear and side exhaust engines... "normal" ones do not have to bend so much like the NTC3
Old 12-29-2003, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by highwayman
the kit comes with its own manifod, and coupling for rear and side exhaust engines... "normal" ones do not have to bend so much like the NTC3
Thanks highwayman, the kit I have is the rear exhaust version. I'm just transfering the rear exhaust to another car and using the spare side exhaust. Will go and get the right manifold then.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Lightbulb i want to share something!!!

my experience:

run my car at a car park....

RC10NTC3 hit the upstand CURB....

REAR RIGHT ARMS and REAR SHOCK TOWER KILLED!

lesson:

dont play at any upstand curb... if desperate.... play it slow!

or UPGRADE your parts to a stronger parts!

after i change the rear arms..... i didnt realised the cover under the shock tower also broken. so what i did is i use a couple of ZIP TIES to tie the shock tower to the COVER under it. COOL?

upstand curb kills my tc3 arms

arms killed 01

arms killed 02
sorry about the S705 body..... i use it again coz it was from my first car....

shock tower saver

mop
Old 12-30-2003, 11:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by bbntc3
The pinion gearing is only the same with the K - Factory centax. Second gear is a diff thread like you said on all other centax. That's why I use the K centax. I read here about somebody having meshing problems with like a 6 or 7 tooth split with K gears so they use another brand gear for either first or second gear, but I dunno? Stock pinion really suck other than the price though to me. It's better for me to pay more for the k pinions and get better service than cheaper, less lasting gears. Don't get me wrong, theres nothing wrong with the AE gears, the K gears are hard coated and just last 3 to 4 times longer. I have noticed some clutch shimming sometimes has to be done because the stock gearing is not quite as wide as the K gears.
Need clarification...

My experience and measurements of the inside diameter of the stock AE pinions are that they will not work. Some guys, including myself have attempted to use the stock AE 20T pinion on the K-Factory centax and have found that the pinion threads are the same, but the inside diameter of the pinion is a little larger, which results in the pinion spinning off under high torgue/late clutch engagement. The 2nd speed AE stock pinion inside diameter is all together too small for the K Factory Centax. Check the measurements.

Not sure what AE pinions you are using, but my "Stock" AE pinions do not work. If the reference was to the use of stock spurs on the 2 speed when using a K-Factory centax, there is no problem.

I also, some time ago, posted about the problem with running a 21/27 pinion with a 48/54 spur. I contacted Trinity and received a very unacceptable response from Trinity support regarding Team Magic "They know of the issue but there is nothing that can be done but to not run this ratio." Don't know about you guys, but that response from Trinity is tatally unacceptable. Waiting on a response regarding a refund for the 21T K-Factory pinion.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

boomer or any one please is there a post or a web site for the people that make the shock tower support pieces those aluminum pieces that go truough the support for the tower and attaches to the diff cases please!. thanks for any help.
Old 12-30-2003, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

Just follow this link and go to the product section.

http://www.bmiracing.com/
Old 12-30-2003, 04:48 PM

johnsoa : Man you brave! I Have tried to tallk to Trinity Tech, man.. what a bunch of BS. Trinity support really sucks! That's why I refuse to buy replacement parts for the clutch through them. Hell, I have to wait 3 weeks at a time to get my Kparts from Singapore.
I may be wrong on the K and stock gears, I'll look into it, I can't get the K centax to wear out a set of K gears yet, before it eats the thrust brg. I think I have fixed that problem though. I have either K gears(which I thought they were) or I have hardened Kawahara centax gears on light weight Ae clutchbell. I'll look into it tonight and get back.

Last edited by bbntc3; 12-30-2003 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:06 PM

Hmmm? your right, the gears won't fit, I was told by Trinity when I bought the clutch the gears would work and that was what sold me. After checking into it I found I have just the hardened K gears for stock clutchbell. They won't fit the centax gears, they are diff. Sorry! Guys wrong info!
Old 12-30-2003, 08:08 PM

delete

Last edited by bbntc3; 12-30-2003 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-31-2003, 08:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by bbntc3
Hmmm? your right, the gears won't fit, I was told by Trinity when I bought the clutch the gears would work and that was what sold me. After checking into it I found I have just the hardened K gears for stock clutchbell. They won't fit the centax gears, they are diff. Sorry! Guys wrong info!
I feel you on the thrust bearing problem... I have been through at least 3 bearings in 6 races. Sure would like to know what you did to solve that problem. I have however gone back to my K Factory 3-shoe with slight mods to the clutch shoes and stiffer springs to give me virtually the same performance as the centax.

On another note, I have had good parts support from Trinity in the past, primarily because Joel was such a great help. I have usually gotten parts from Trinityin 1-3 days. This last pinion problem has caused some frustration and disappointment.

Have you heard any rumors on RDLOGICs creating aluminum/steele diff gears?
Old 12-31-2003, 10:30 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by johnsoa
I feel you on the thrust bearing problem... I have been through at least 3 bearings in 6 races.
If after you set the Centax clutch and your clutchbell is still having axial play, you need to put shims in between the Centax spring nut and the normal bearing until there is no more or very little play.

Also, not forgetting to lube your thrust bearings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.