Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by hooked_on
I am having a problem with assembling the 2 speed. Can't seem to get the assembly tight on the shaft without sepreating the shoes? I assume it will have some play seeing it is only a ball touching the flat on the shaft? I can pull it off the back though?
It's not supposed to be tight. It's supposed to "float" on the shaft.

Just assemble it as per the instructions, EXACTLY as per the instructions. . .
Old 07-22-2003, 05:19 PM
Suspended

Default New HUGE Track!

Hi guys,
Anyone in the South Florida area needs to know about our new track, and big events coming in the month of August.

http://www.PalmBeachSoftware.com/domains/bethesda

This is just the staging server, and will be moved to our club domain in the next day or so.

Anyway, make sure you check out the track. It's big enough for 1/5 scale! 16 foot wide lanes, huge pit lane, and the track works! Plenty of "FAST" and plenty of technical mixed in.

The 1/8 scale cars were blazing doing probably 70mph down the long straight this last Sunday.

We've been working on this for quite a while, and have over $7,000 invested. 10' high drivers stand with canopy, too.

We're having a BIG TROPHY race on August 3, and you are all invited. All racers will get a free barbeque lunch with their entry fee!

Can you guys check out the site and let me know what you think? I hope some of you can make it down and run with us. We're a group of pretty cool guys that like to race and have FUN! You are all WELCOME!

Thanks
Old 07-22-2003, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

I plan on being there on the 3rd.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys. Here s picks for fuel tank TC3. Look at it please and tell what do you think about it.
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-edik-026.jpg  
Old 07-23-2003, 12:12 AM
Tech Initiate

what is that made out of?
Old 07-23-2003, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

i wonder how you check to see how much fuel u have
Old 07-23-2003, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Re: rear toe in

Originally posted by tracklighter
is any body having trouble with keeping the rear toe set while driving their car because it seems like even if i have the slightest tap with that car that it throws my toe wickedly out of place
Yeah, a slight tap will push the ball cap into the thread of the turnbuckle. I'm using a special design turnbuckle with 2 nuts, one with counter-direction thread to prevent the cap from pushing in.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Jfawwaz
what is that made out of?
It made out of brass 0.25 mm, the lead neck made out of brass on lathe. It has angeled reflector tha same as original tank to prevent from fuel moving.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by me43
i wonder how you check to see how much fuel u have
Yes you right , this design has two negative thing-it is havier then stock and you can't see how much fuel you have , specialy on the main heat, when left 2 mins to run you are on first position and your tank is blew up due too close to pipe (comon problem on TC3). LOL Come on, nothing is perfect in this world. But most of the gyus knows how long the tank last and it is realy not neccessary to see it, but you got benefit from it-it will never blew up ( I am sure most of us change banch of them during the year-$12.99 piece).
Old 07-23-2003, 03:43 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

the other bad thing is that it will transfer alot more vibration into the fuel than the stock plastic tank will. And it will also transfer more heat into the fuel. I think I would rather have a stock tank but give it a try and tell us what you think. Looks interesting anyway.

Jon
Old 07-23-2003, 04:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Swen
the other bad thing is that it will transfer alot more vibration into the fuel than the stock plastic tank will. And it will also transfer more heat into the fuel. I think I would rather have a stock tank but give it a try and tell us what you think. Looks interesting anyway.

Jon
I have try already on my son's RS4 for about 2 gallons-works great, and I stop paying for new tanks and most importanly-before, every time we came to practice-we paid entry fee, but after tank blew up , we got to go home with no practice-was sucks. Actualy, the stock tank doesn't have anything to reduce vibration too, not even flex mounts.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi,
I've got a problem reguarding my two-speed. I am running 21/27, 48/54 gears. When my car hits second gear, the engine rpm drops, stutters a little, hits second again, the front wheels come up, then the car takes off. This all happens in a split second not taking any more that 10 feet. I've got plenty of power, so that's not the problem either. If the engine is too lean or rich, will the engine do this? Will the glow plug cause this? My situation is kind of hard to explain, but if anyone had experienced this, lease help. It's almost as if the fuel line has a bubble and when it gets to a certain RPM, it stutters a little. But why does it do it only when it shifts? I'm running an MT12, K-factory tank, RD turbo pipe, and about 15 inches of tubing from the pipe to the tank. If picyures of my setup will help, I can post those too.
Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Old 07-23-2003, 02:19 PM

I think that's alittle much on the fuel tubing, 15"? I use big HP modded engines I also use the RD turbo Pipe and the K-tank. My lines seems to work well around 5 or 6". Rule of thumb is around 8 or 9" of pressure line. Have you shortened it and tried it? Needle settings maybe too rich. When in doubt lean it out!!!!
Old 07-23-2003, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

lol i like ur last line bbntc3
Old 07-23-2003, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Ataman
I have try already on my son's RS4 for about 2 gallons-works great, and I stop paying for new tanks and most importanly-before, every time we came to practice-we paid entry fee, but after tank blew up , we got to go home with no practice-was sucks. Actualy, the stock tank doesn't have anything to reduce vibration too, not even flex mounts.
The stock tank's nylon material is more vibration absorbing than is brass.

The RS4 doesn't have the same vibration problems in the fuel tank as does the NTC3 so it may not be that good of a comparison.

I've never, personally, blown up a tank through a collision or even being T-Boned. I've found them to be pretty durable. Using the K left side brace makes them even more bomb-proof.

I think I'll stick with my stock tank. Thanks for the suggestion, though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.