Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Old 05-14-2003, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

In that case, just stick with the stock chasis. It is the least expensive and there is nothing wrong with the design.
Old 05-14-2003, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

how long does it normally take you guys to get parts from towerhobbies? (from the day they ship it , to the day you get it?)
Old 05-14-2003, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by alucard13
what chassis doesnt bend easily? For my HPI i bent the chassis less than a week after i got it.
titanium is my personal choice...
Old 05-14-2003, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by dvargas
how long does it normally take you guys to get parts from towerhobbies? (from the day they ship it , to the day you get it?)
It depends on what you select in shipping. If you select next day then it will be the next day after they ship. They do get things to you pretty quick. I have been really happy with there turn around time.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

ya. but i have to tack on an extra week or week and a half. my mail goes to NY, then the Army brings it to Germany after that (were i live.) i hope my Titanium Hardcore Racing upper deck and Aluminum drive shaft gets here soon. and do you have any idea on how long it will take ACE R/C to fix and send my radio gear back. (from the day they get it to the date they ship it)
Old 05-14-2003, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by dvargas
ya. but i have to tack on an extra week or week and a half. my mail goes to NY, then the Army brings it to Germany after that (were i live.) i hope my Titanium Hardcore Racing upper deck and Aluminum drive shaft gets here soon. and do you have any idea on how long it will take ACE R/C to fix and send my radio gear back. (from the day they get it to the date they ship it)
Oh boy you have to go through all kinds of stuff to get parts. Unfortunately I can't help you with ACE.
Old 05-14-2003, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by sook
In that case, just stick with the stock chasis. It is the least expensive and there is nothing wrong with the design.
I have been more careful since i bent the hpi chassis. with my ntc3 i only flipped it twice. with the hpi i must have flipped it about half a dozen times. i'm trying to be more careful, plus my driving has improved..amazing what the right tires will do for you. Thanx for the help
Old 05-14-2003, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Yokomo_King
Im buying a chassis soon.Im thinking about the AE harden chassis. but what would you recommend?
The Golden Horizons (GH) chassis is sweet. Nicely machined and it even includes finned engine mounts, all for under $55.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:24 PM

Originally posted by alucard13
I have been more careful since i bent the hpi chassis. with my ntc3 i only flipped it twice. with the hpi i must have flipped it about half a dozen times. i'm trying to be more careful, plus my driving has improved..amazing what the right tires will do for you. Thanx for the help
Tires are everything; On-road racing is very setup dependent and you need to folow setup sheets exactly and even then something might be different. Ex. use Associated oil, the others are not the same weight to weight, also use the same body, an hpi or trinity stratus handles very different from the protoform. IMO there's 3 bodies I run that are very similar; PF stratus 1 & 2, and parma X20.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

i had my setup all wrong. i did what the instructions said when i first put the kit together, but i didn't do it correctly. last sat at the track, one of the guys hooked me up good.We changed the toe in/toe out, camber and tweak. that made a 300% difference. i was able to hug the corners with my foams ALOT better. Yes, setup is everything like you say .
Old 05-14-2003, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default 2-speed

I went out in the apartment parking lot this evening to get a feel for the NTC3 2 speed. I have it setup just as the instructions say...only thing is I can't see it shift or hear it shift. I heard that it's real quiet and really smooth but is the stock setting have it locked or do I just need to pay closer attention?

Thanks.
Old 05-15-2003, 02:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Number 11
Oh boy you have to go through all kinds of stuff to get parts. Unfortunately I can't help you with ACE.
Good news i talked to Ace last night and they recieved my box yesterday, and the tech guy told me it would take him a Max of 4 days to work on it at the very most it was 4 days, but he told it should only take about 1 or 2 days, he is sending me a new reciever and a new on and off switch. so that is cool. But my darn parts are not here from towerhobbies yet, maybe they will show up later today.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:21 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default Re: 2-speed

Originally posted by RedScorp
I went out in the apartment parking lot this evening to get a feel for the NTC3 2 speed. I have it setup just as the instructions say...only thing is I can't see it shift or hear it shift. I heard that it's real quiet and really smooth but is the stock setting have it locked or do I just need to pay closer attention?

Thanks.
Yes the factory setting are pretty stiff I needed to loosen mine up a bunch. Well maybe at the most one turn on both screws. You need to adjust the screws with the springs on them. Loosen them a little bit to take some of the pressure off of the springs and you should be in business. One way to tell is you will hear a drop in the RPM's of the motor. It is very smooth and quiet shifting but there is a definate RPM drop. Good luck. and just make sure not to adjust the setscrews that hold the balls in the clutch shoes.

Jon
Old 05-15-2003, 04:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Swen,
Just wanted to let you know that Dave (Mr. CrazyNut) hooked me up. Turn around time was amazing , to say the least. He sent me my new all black heatsink, the NTC3 aluminum shoes, and a set of stickers. Some of the best customer service I have ever recieved. I didn't hear back on the transmitter wheels yet, but I'm sure he's working on them. If I get a chance to use the clutch shoes this weekend I'll let you know how it goes. They are very nicely done by the way, as always. I also recieved a replacement pipe from RD Logics (mine had a small hole in one of the welds). I may try that again this weekend as well, although I have a few issues with it. Anyway, Thanks again to you (and Dave) for all the help.

www.crazynutracing.com Check it out guys, awesome stuff!
Old 05-15-2003, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey nut..good morning...

how about this for some breakfast chatter...(just remember,I'm taking someones word on this,I've ordered teh parts,not gere yet)..

the rear turnbuckles on the nitro car are about 4 thousanths too small.....AND,the rear ball cups,because RPM makes them a different color gray for associated,don't shrink enough when they cool,so the whole assembly(*hole size and smaller thread) is a little to big....(which is why they might compress)'

AND the hot set up is the Lunsford super duty toe links(which are a full thread size)
AND the RPM version of the cups..which are a lighter gray in color...and have a smaller hole(for more "bite")

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.