Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by spawn
What are the most common parts that breaks in the NTC3?lower arms, etc..
The stock bumper (the part under the foam) is guaranteed to break. You'll want to swap that for the RPM bumper. The shock towers and diff cases will often break in a crash. I suggest swapping these parts with aluminum or use "the fix". The hinge pins will also bend in a hard crash. The steering knuckles will break, especially those in the rear since there is no servo saver in the rear. Stock up on some spares of these parts if you plan to race.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Radio Interference

Originally posted by dvargas
Today i was driving my NTC3 and i got radio interference and it took off on me, and was doing donuts and it smacked the concrete curb and then i had to dive after the car and grab it and shut it off before it went top speed into a wall of concrete OUCH!!!

when i shut it down and inspected it i found that my drive shaft got bent, so i just ordered one. and do you know where i can get aluminum anodized blue shock towers????

What is causing this darn radio interference?????? I am going to get either the Airtronics MX-3 FM system or the JR XR3i FM system. which do you guys recommend. i want to put a stop to radio interfernce before some serious damage happens.

any help would be good. this is the 4th time i have had radio interferece.

there are a lot of reasons why you might have radio interference... since i guess your playing in a parking lot, there might be electrical poles overhead, coupled with the fact that you're using an am radio... am is prone to radio glitches.

both radio's are ok, personally i use a k.o. propo... from your two choices, i'd say the airtronics for its ease of use...

Old 05-04-2003, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by spawn
What are the most common parts that breaks in the NTC3?lower arms, etc..

immediately change the front plastic bumper!

just to add... lower front arms and pivot balls...
Old 05-04-2003, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by AMGRacer
For the shaft drive fans:

Actually the design looks interesting. Firstly with this design, you can use a rear exhuast without the funny bents like the one you see on NTC3 pipe.
But strangely, the fuel tank looks huge. It looks like they are trying to avoid the problem of the weight distribution of the fuel tank in a shaft driven car. And the fuel tank don't look like it has a flat bottom.

And for the battery, it seems like you can remove the battery without removing the top plate.

Differential don't look like it is ball dif..
Slip shaft maybe to avoid stalling the engine when you brake.....

Don't know, just guessing from the look of the pic. Is there another pic or more description on it? Looks like it will be smoother than the MTX
Old 05-04-2003, 04:40 PM
Tech Initiate

[http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...hreadid=124895[/URL] .....is this a TC3 ?
PLIS DON'T TELL ME IS THE OFNA LD3?
Old 05-04-2003, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by onroadmaniak
[http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...hreadid=124895[/URL] .....is this a TC3 ?
PLIS DON'T TELL ME IS THE OFNA LD3?
Read the title of the thread

Dang this thing is NICE.

Old 05-04-2003, 05:31 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah looks good but it aint no hardcore...lol
Just ask M Sherman what he used to win pullstart at rocky with?
I think he won the final by 8 laps
Might just be the T.S.developmental moter he was running..
Old 05-04-2003, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by xray vision
Yeah looks good but it aint no hardcore...lol
Just ask M Sherman what he used to win pullstart at rocky with?
I think he won the final by 8 laps
Might just be the T.S.developmental moter he was running..
It may also have had a little to do with Micks skill
Old 05-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

So true..But gee it feels good to be part of a winning team..
He told me he just used my setup,etc.Just put the car on the track and drove it. Only thing they did to it was lean out the top end needle a bee's dick..?
No major wrenching all weekend..!!!!!

Great job Mick
Old 05-04-2003, 06:06 PM
Tech Initiate

no matter wat.....still OFNA......as for the KYOSHO to me it looks like they didn't have enough room.
it looks like everything was like SQUEEZED to make room and howabout the center diff?
i dunno guys......looks nasty
Old 05-04-2003, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default First real race

Well guys, I just completed my first real race. What an expirance. I am used to bashing in lots with hoses, but boards are another animal. Tc3 did well. I met FastHarry there and he is a good guy. His car is real nice. Emaculate. Wish mine was as nice. Anyway we both did not bad in the A main and finished 3rd and 4th. Not bad for 2 guys who never raced with boards. Let me tell you, bashing is one thing and it is fun, but try a 1/2 hr straight main, where if you make a mistake it could be the end of the day for you. A whole new level for me. Oh yeah, 235s ran with us, but none made it to the A main for some reason.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just built an NTC3 kit and i'm trying to tweak out the settings and stuff. Right now i'm trying to get it to drive straight. if i have it slow to about mid throttle, it goes pretty straight. but if i go full throttle from a stopped position it will go to the right immediatley. anyone know what the problem could be?
Old 05-04-2003, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by highwayman
immediately change the front plastic bumper!

just to add... lower front arms and pivot balls...
I just crushed my left rear front bearings to bit!. Wear and tear I guess. Any better bearings? Also my front diff keeps getting loose, any way to make sure its tight?
Old 05-04-2003, 06:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

steering tie rods issue

can someone suggest to me how to solve this issue?
one slight knock and the car will come back with more toe out then i ever need wahaha. sometime even came back with 10degree each side!!! i tried superglue didnt work on the cups thread. i tried new cups (black) didnt work...

any other suggestions? on the steering sups?
Old 05-04-2003, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Read the title of the thread

Dang this thing is NICE.

Looks cool! look like it has more steering than the NTC3.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.