Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 04:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Your gears shouldn't stick out below the chassis, ride height shouldn't have anything to do with it. More than likely you had a failure in the 2-speed transmission bearings for the 2-speed clutch bell, or the 2-speed one way. If either of these go out the results are trashed spur gears. I have seen it happen a few times. Take your 2-speed assembly out and disassemble it (you'll need to anyway to replace the gears).
Old 03-19-2003, 04:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by simonfdr
Check if your shaft is bent. Check if the hole in the shock is bigger than normal. Green slime is just a lubricant and will not prevent leaks. Also, dont put too much of it.
thnx simonfdr. The hole is bigger than normal . I guess I have to replace it.
Since ur from new york too whats the temp range that I should have for my os12tr or are they the same in all engines? If I lean the top needle the temp will rise and if I richen it it will be the opposite right? thnx again
Old 03-19-2003, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by penggoy
thnx simonfdr. The hole is bigger than normal . I guess I have to replace it.
Since ur from new york too whats the temp range that I should have for my os12tr or are they the same in all engines? If I lean the top needle the temp will rise and if I richen it it will be the opposite right? thnx again
Are you in new york as well? I never check my engine temps. If you live in the city come race with us in STATEN ISLAND.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hello im from queens in new york if its not that far from here where in staten Island are you guys racing? I will be looking for tracks im new to the hobby
Thanks
Old 03-19-2003, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Drive4fun, do you have AIM or AOL? My screen name is Madperv... Give me any IM
Old 03-19-2003, 04:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wink

Yes I do I just IMed you and im getting no response so when you come back say hi
Old 03-19-2003, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

im here in yonkers and ur too far and i wish i have a real car (after i pass the drvrs test). where exactly in staten island are u guys racing? maybe when my cuz comes back from his vacation next week i'll ask him to go there.
Old 03-19-2003, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

I'll get back to you guys as of where.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:58 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys. Just have a quick question. How many of you are running the RD logics pipe and what are your opinions of it? I've been looking at getting a new pipe and I'm stuck between the AE dual chambered or the RD logics dual chambered pipe. Every after market pipe my friends have tried on their NTC3 don't work well at all, except for the AE pipes. Just wondering about the RD logics and how it compares to the AE. Thanks for the input.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

It's not out yet is it? The RD Logics pipe that is. If it is, I gotta run out and get one. Well, jwf-frani has tested the pipe on his car and liked it alot. He's pretty fast so I value his opinion.
Old 03-20-2003, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Default Warpspeed Blueprinted Diff Cases

I was just over at the electric on-road forum on the Warpspeed thread and I saw that they have specially modified diff cases in which they massage the bearing holes for less bearing pinch and also add Helicoil's to all the screw holes to prevent stripping. These should help prevent the shock tower problem especially if they are used in conjunction with "The Fix".

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...&postid=311097

Excuse me if this is old news.
Old 03-20-2003, 04:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by NTC3NUT
Your gears shouldn't stick out below the chassis, ride height shouldn't have anything to do with it. More than likely you had a failure in the 2-speed transmission bearings for the 2-speed clutch bell, or the 2-speed one way. If either of these go out the results are trashed spur gears. I have seen it happen a few times. Take your 2-speed assembly out and disassemble it (you'll need to anyway to replace the gears).
hi NTC3 nut i done the rear toe fix and think it will work great!!! i hope to have some pix of me car soon!!

Sorry i qouted the wront thing!
Old 03-20-2003, 01:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok i was wondering to know whats a good air filter that everyone is using>? i know my friend must have like 20 of them just looking for the right one any suggestions on which one ?!?
Old 03-20-2003, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Try the K&N Air filter
Old 03-20-2003, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by drive4fun
Ok i was wondering to know whats a good air filter that everyone is using>? i know my friend must have like 20 of them just looking for the right one any suggestions on which one ?!?
LoL what do you need an airfilter for? To breathe through? Lol.. Get your car first then start concerning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.