Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 04:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by jwf_frani
finallly it' the weekend. less time online talking and more track
time having fun
Maybe 4 u, but us out hear in the east, all we can do is wrench and talk about it . Guess we will have to live through you guys for awhile. Have fun and tell us how it goes with the new pipe. I will be preordering it. Frani, I have the ntc3 upgrades. Are you using them all when you run? I was just going to use the cases for now. What do you think. Hope it goes well.
Regards
Old 02-22-2003, 06:01 AM

I use the mugen and serpent tanks on my car. They are about $20 each . Thats cheaper than the K tank but still kinda pricey over the Ae tank. I broke 3 tanks last season. Would'nt the K-Factory side brace help if not cure the tank breakage?
Old 02-22-2003, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I havent raced my nitro tc3 since last summer (carpet season and all) so i have a few questions as to what to update. I realize that some of these questions might of already been answered but there are sooo many pages and its hard to find answers:

1)Tank: i have the original tank, i realize i need to update it, which one? Does the new AE ones solve the original problem, or does another company's tank work better (serpent, mugen, kyosho... kfactory... etc)

2)Clutch: is the stock one still okay? or do i need the centax?

3)Anything else?

thanks!
Old 02-22-2003, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

stormperson

i`m still using the original version gas tank on my ntc3, all i did was modified it by inserting a screw in the pressure outlet tube, then drill and screw in a fuel line fitting into the filler cap
make sure you drill thru the complete cap, inner & outer plastic.

As for the clutch thats up to you....i use stock clutch, i`ve seen 3 shoe clutches with mod engines & i`ve seen people pull out their hair cos they couldnt get a centax adjusted right

As for anything else ????????????????????
Old 02-22-2003, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Heres my little car. =)
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-car.jpg  
Old 02-22-2003, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Stormperson,
I went to the 3 shoe ae clutch with the harder springs. I like it better than the 2 shoe. I don't know how much better a centax can make the car if at all. Some people may feel more confortable with the centax, from from running it on other cars. For the price, I do not thing it is justified. But thats just me.

Since there is still an issue with tank breakage, ( I am on my fourth) may be wise to stick with the updated AE tank. You can do the mod yourself, but the way I did it was get the new tank and keep my mod as a spare. I don't know how true it is, but i read that there is a tuning issue with the k- factory. I believe it was as the tank runs low, but I do not know this for a fact.
Hope this helps
Old 02-22-2003, 08:18 PM

There's an MIP clutch out now for the NTC3 too. I used it recently and it was pretty good I think.
Old 02-22-2003, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Help Needed!!!

guys, my front diff screw seems to go loose after a couple of runs..how do I get it to stay? I know my ETC3 never had this issue. That's the reason why my car handling sucks until I tried turning the front wheel. After adjusting, there is world of difference. It is now back to the great handling mode again!!

Another question, I am running a novarossi s1 5port turbo and added a 1mm shim to it but after adding the shim I can't seem to get the settings right for a nova 7 plug. It can take a 5 with ease but a 7 would die off if I release the throttle. If I change my plug from hot to cold, what adjustments do I make to the carb? do I add more to the high speed screw or less?

thanks guys.
Old 02-23-2003, 12:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by simonfdr
Heres my little car. =)
where exactly in new york are u from? im here in yonkers, ny
Old 02-23-2003, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks, also i am running the old pipe, is the dual chamber one a noticable improvement? And what makes the 3 shoe clutch w/ hard springs better? snappier? lasts longer?
Old 02-23-2003, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

I just got the dual chamber pipe. I haven't been able to run with it yet so I cannot speak from expirance. The 3 shoes create more contact, since there are 3 shoes making contact instead of 2. The springs I believe is more of a question of tuneability and should stay strong longer. There is also a trick I haven't tried yet about drilling a small hole in the shoes to make them lighter. A friend tried it and he didn't like it. Saw some of the team drivers setups a while ago and they had used them. I haven't really looked recently.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com

Originally posted by spawn
Help Needed!!!

guys, my front diff screw seems to go loose after a couple of runs..how do I get it to stay? I know my ETC3 never had this issue. That's the reason why my car handling sucks until I tried turning the front wheel. After adjusting, there is world of difference. It is now back to the great handling mode again!!

Another question, I am running a novarossi s1 5port turbo and added a 1mm shim to it but after adding the shim I can't seem to get the settings right for a nova 7 plug. It can take a 5 with ease but a 7 would die off if I release the throttle. If I change my plug from hot to cold, what adjustments do I make to the carb? do I add more to the high speed screw or less?

thanks guys.

make sure its assembled properly....and try using a new diff nut....I once got one with no threads....
Old 02-23-2003, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com

heres the fix for the tank..

you see the arrows?....they are pointing to a small roll pin I installed at a slanted angle and glued(CA) in place...that stops the wire from moving backwards in the event of a side collision...Wire doesn't move,muffler can't go in.....get it?...

btw,it works...
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-chass.jpg  

Last edited by fastharry™; 02-23-2003 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-23-2003, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Whats a good tank for the ntc3?
Old 02-23-2003, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Can any of you guys tell me whether Associated have different springs for the 2 speed gearbox. I am looking for softer springs to get better adjustability of the change point.

Yes, I run a modified gearbox on my Yokomo and it uses Associated shoes and adjusting screws/springs.

Thanks for the help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.