Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 12:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

her is my story I ran a mugen MTX2 for 2.5 seasons I ran ntc3 for .5 of a season I have spent more money on broken parts in .5 of a season than 2.5 seasons on my mugen here is a list 3asc one way 4 uper trans case 2 lower trans case 6 pivit balls 3 or 4 shock towers 3 fuel tankstwo front stering blocks one rear one front body mounts bevel gears diff gears and lots of other things but I will say the ntc3 has turned the faster laps than my mugen ever turned I am not a rokie I just race hard and to keep up with you have to run 2 inches of the board so tc3 just doesent hold up if you rub the boards
Old 01-26-2003, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Default Please help me!

Hi everyone! I need help badly! I just got the sirio engine and the ntc3 starter box for it. I'm having trouble starting the engine. The fitting of the piston and the sleeve was so tight I can barely turn it with my hand, which mean that my starter box can't either. I tried to heat it up with a hair dryer, it got up to about 140 degree. My question is can anyone please show or tell me how to start my engine? Any help is very apperciate, thank in advance.
Old 01-26-2003, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by ilaybrk
her is my story I ran a mugen MTX2 for 2.5 seasons I ran ntc3 for .5 of a season I have spent more money on broken parts in .5 of a season than 2.5 seasons on my mugen here is a list 3asc one way 4 uper trans case 2 lower trans case 6 pivit balls 3 or 4 shock towers 3 fuel tankstwo front stering blocks one rear one front body mounts bevel gears diff gears and lots of other things but I will say the ntc3 has turned the faster laps than my mugen ever turned I am not a rokie I just race hard and to keep up with you have to run 2 inches of the board so tc3 just doesent hold up if you rub the boards

any comments from people who race the car about this?.....
Old 01-26-2003, 01:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default to ducati998

hi have you tried starting it with the glowplug unscrewed? unscrew the glowpug 1/2 a turn start the engine up then tighten while the engine is running try that
Old 01-26-2003, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: to ducati998

Originally posted by deanspoors
hi have you tried starting it with the glowplug unscrewed? unscrew the glowpug 1/2 a turn start the engine up then tighten while the engine is running try that
Thanx Deans I'll give it a try!
Old 01-26-2003, 04:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by fastharry
the guys running Impulses and reflexes had more problems than we did....Belts,out of tweak,hard to set up....always changing tires to tune...centax relubes,solid front axle cups(the ONLY way an impulse has any steering..)....
Given due respect to the NTC3, it could be that the guys are still running their "old" Impulses and Reflexes in your area or simply those guys do not know how to drive and setup their cars. Yes, those cars need a lot of knowledge to set up and their learning curve is very steep.

Your statement on that the solid front axle is the ONLY way the Impulse gets steering goes to show that... I mean no disrespect but of all people, I would least expect that statement coming from you. To get enough steering, especially off power, you would not want solid front. A diff or better still a one way front is the way to go.

BTW, if you changed to the newer pulleys like the ones found in the Impact and 705, you will not have frequent belt / pulley problems like you would have on the original Impulse.
Old 01-26-2003, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

all the cars,mine included,have all been updated.....we don't have the 705 stuff cause in NJ,racing season hasn't started...solid axles in Impulse's are a favorite option,I'm not the only one to say that.....esp. for pulling out of a corner....there are ALOT of impulse that we use also...the owner of my LHS LOVES serpents,and has every trick item and advice that Ralph Burch can hand him....we were running hand machined lowered mounts all last year..

as far as belts,I'm not saying we had a problem......just less problems with teh tc3 shaft drive...

the whole point of my post was to say ALL cars have certain problems..good points and bad...and to state my opinion that the TC3 nitro,properly built and used,is not as bad,or fragile,as everyone says...

Last edited by fastharry™; 01-26-2003 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-26-2003, 05:52 PM
Tech Prophet

If your LHS is getting direct tips from Ralph Burch, then you do not have to have 705 parts specifically to be able to change your pulleys to the new style ones. They are exactly the same as the ones used on the Impact. Art Carbonnel and Ralph Burch have been using this in their cars they build and drive for some time now.

Agreed that all cars have their good and bad points.
Old 01-26-2003, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

sorry..I thought you were refering to upgrading our cars from original Impulse....we all have newer parts on our cars....

and our learning curve is fine.....belts are a problem on any asphalt surface,no matter how clean....and I didn't to say they were a constant problem..only trying to piont out the lack of trouble with teh tc3..

BTW,just to make sure I'm not a moron,I called my friend who owns the my LHS..all 3 of his cars,as well as mine,all have the Impact bearing blocks,hubs and all rest..but he wanted to know,since the pulleys art still plastic,how would that help belt breakage...all the upgrades do is help the belt run truer...no help with a rock...

Last edited by fastharry™; 01-26-2003 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-26-2003, 08:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by fastharry
sorry..I thought you were refering to upgrading our cars from original Impulse....we all have newer parts on our cars....

and our learning curve is fine.....belts are a problem on any asphalt surface,no matter how clean....and I didn't to say they were a constant problem..only trying to piont out the lack of trouble with teh tc3..

BTW,just to make sure I'm not a moron,I called my friend who owns the my LHS..all 3 of his cars,as well as mine,all have the Impact bearing blocks,hubs and all rest..but he wanted to know,since the pulleys art still plastic,how would that help belt breakage...all the upgrades do is help the belt run truer...no help with a rock...
Rocks and small pebbles also does nice things to pinions and spurs on the shaft driven cars...

Well, on the old Impulse, the pulleys were installed using pins and these gave a lot of play after a while. More often than not, belts and pulleys get stripped this way a lot. With the new type of grub screw mounting like the ones found on Impact and Vector, the belts and pulleys get stripped less because this type of mounting eliminates play.

Yes, there are other tricks to make keep the small pebbles out on a belted car like by putting a tape under the chassis hole in the front to keep small pebbles and sand out and also to dremel a little out of the mid bearing block to ensure that small pebbles and stones do not get trapped at the small crevices.

Anyway, I will not contest that you find the NTC3 trouble free or as you put it, less problematic than belted cars. To each it's own.

Just for your info, there is no such thing as Impact bearing block (same one used on the Impulse and Impact), Impact bearing blocks (they are different and do not fit) and hubs (too big) on the Impulse.

Carry on with your NTC3 thread and lets not divert and make this into an Impulse thread
Old 01-26-2003, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Impulse,Impact,what do I know.....My Impulse was built 3 years ago..and I've upgraded along the way....but i hardly used it last year...I parked it along with my Racer2's and RB HPI SS to run my 2 tc3's(RB also)....I forget even whats on it,but your right,the bearing blocks were an option...you just caught me in the middle of the super bowl with a few scotches in me....

though I have to tell you...I put teh GTP body on it last year..and it ran great..I have the parts to put the Impact floating rear body support/mount...Ron(my LHS) tried it and liked it..

but thats 3 months away......right now I setting up my xxx kinwald for fri nite indoor racing at Barnstormers in NY.....though my TC3 nitro is right behind me........
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-camera-picture-2.jpg  
Old 01-26-2003, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

theres that tc3..and thats a reflex next to it.....see,I have first hand experience with all those "troublesome" belt cars
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-camera-picture-3.jpg  
Old 01-26-2003, 09:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Looking for some answers to my questions please

1.......What is the prefered pipe to run with a modified Roar legal Sirio .12............AE single chamber or dual chamber

2.......Does anyone make a manifold thats lets you run pipes other than AE pipes... if so who.

3........Who makes after market NTC3 chassis other than Hardcore

Thanks in advance,
Old 01-26-2003, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

1 i dont know
2 there was a pick posted of one ill have a look if i can find it ill post it again
3 rd logics
Old 01-26-2003, 09:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Brett
1 i dont know
2 there was a pick posted of one ill have a look if i can find it ill post it again
3 rd logics

Rd Logics....Is this an aluminum chassis ...if so, how thick is it.

Do you have a link to their site

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.