Search

Saturday Evening Racing @ SV Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 06:22 AM
BMC
Tech Adept

Default Update

Kel, Sorry about that,

I know two guys that have been in contact with the owners and they are doing everything they can right now to get the tracks.

Only time will tell
Old 08-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Bill Marvin plans on taking out all the metal he can (back wall) and scraping it so if you know someone taking it over have them call Marvin and buy the back wall that cost a ton of money in metal years ago it would be a shame to have it cut up just to have to be replaced at the cost of metal today...
Old 08-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

I really hope someone buys SV and turns it around. With the right owner it could really be the best track in the U.S. !!! Let's see how it goes!!
Old 08-12-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

There is nothing to "buy" it is working out a deal with the land owner for rent.
Los Angeles By-Products is the property owner Bob Mc Allister is the main guy. Good guy he used to run the BMX track that was there before the R/C track. So he knows how hard it can be. The BIG issue for them is the looks of the property and how clean it is. Funny its cleaner now then in years but the "banners" facing the La By-Products office may have been an issue. Well that and the ramshackle look of the place now.

The off road drivers stand, the double wide (all just re-done inside) the on road race control and the container that holds it up do not belong to the property owner so if all those go there is not much left for any new operator to get going with.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

what do they mean by "clean", it's an industrial area and it's surrounded by dirt all around and a metal scrap yard in the front??
Old 08-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey Karlton, how are things going for you? Are you going to be at the RCPRO F1 race next week?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Adept

All the trash and the old cars / trucks that used to be left out there. Also the look of the drivers stands. Yeah I know silk purse out of a pigs ear. Its a DUMP and looks like it hehehehe. However, it is cleaner right now then I have seen it in years so they must have other issues with Richard and Marvin. Only they know for sure. But the one thing that is for sure right now is its closing and no amount of internet chatter is going to stop it from closing..
Old 08-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

LOL I do not have a car. I will come to see the last race for sure.. If Marvin does not have the back wall cut up by then.

Been busy no time to go play. Just bought a house up in Arrowhead you and the family should come up. How is being a daddy for you? email me [email protected]
Old 08-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nomadio_Sales
However, it is cleaner right now then I have seen it in years so they must have other issues with Richard and Marvin. Only they know for sure. But the one thing that is for sure right now is its closing and no amount of internet chatter is going to stop it from closing..
I realize it's really late in the game, but does anybody think a club based solution could work to manage the property? I think it could use a face lift but the tracks are good.

If you had 50 people join up that paid $35/month (about 1/2 tank of gas or a gallon of Nitro) you'd cover the lease (yes, I know what it is). Those club members would then be able to drive the track whenever they wanted (sunrise to sunset) for no further fee (they'd be issued a gate key or a pass). I figure that $35 would be the same as if I drove there 3 times in a month at the current fee. If you had more members the fee could be lowered, an incentive to bring in more members.

Guests would be charged $10/day to practice and race fees would be based on the structure of the event to cover prize $$$ or trophies etc.

Do any of you see a solution like this or am I nuts?

A very important aspect is to create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. If people are put off by attitude or facilities, then it won't work.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

I would pay a member fee.. beats driving 50+ miles to race somewhere else...

But I think the issue is the turnout... If there is a greater effort to put up bigger races and attract more people, SV has the potential to attract a large amount of people and have a decent revenue. All it needs is the right owners!!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

I dont want to race on some PARKING LOT I hope something can be done and if you guys need help let me know pls.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:10 AM
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

theres a saying that: one door close,one door open. so lets hope.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)
Default race on saturday

we just hope for the best; dont loose hope guys! and if it doesnt work out theres a lot of good tracks out there to race.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dbr9ifgt
I dont want to race on some PARKING LOT I hope something can be done and if you guys need help let me know pls.

You know, I am sorry to see SVM close down. A lot of the guys who race at these "PARKING LOTS" tried to keep SVM open by racing there. There is a class at these "PARKING LOTS" for your cars and if you don't want to race at them don't. You won't be missed and you can spend your time doing something else other then racing your car with a great bunch of guys and having fun.

Roger
Old 08-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RogerHewson
You know, I am sorry to see SVM close down. A lot of the guys who race at these "PARKING LOTS" tried to keep SVM open by racing there. There is a class at these "PARKING LOTS" for your cars and if you don't want to race at them don't. You won't be missed and you can spend your time doing something else other then racing your car with a great bunch of guys and having fun.

Roger
GO ROGER GO!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.