Alex Racing Design M-6 Speed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alex Racing Design M-6 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Club racing rules...they will never know why I'm 3 tenths faster. I'll bet my motor will be teched every week
Old 07-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

Who cares if Rc shells dont look like full scale counterparts? Rc cars arent subject to same physical forces as full size cars. Im all for what works, and functionality makes the esthetics that much more appealing. Good looking shells get old quick, if they dont handle well. I keep the scale tamiya bodies on the shelf, and use what works on the track. If there was a full size proto DNA, Id drive it. If you want to go slow and look 'scale' there is always VTA class.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trailranger
Club racing rules...they will never know why I'm 3 tenths faster. I'll bet my motor will be teched every week
compare LX250 0.3 sec/lap
Old 07-12-2008, 02:01 AM
Tech Champion

You cant race blindfolded and race a car, but you could hypothetically be blindfolded with a less than attractive woman and enjoy it...

Go figure...

Will we be racing r/c spacecraft in years to come? It kinda reminds me of one...
Old 07-12-2008, 04:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigger Brother
I have a LX250 and in certain conditions it really is fantastic.
60% of the time.... it works every time.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:18 AM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

A friend of mine and I tried to measure some of the dimensions of the LX-250 from a photograph and our rudimentary calculations showed that the front and rear windscreen dimensions would fall just under the GBS minimum specs.

I am guessing from the photos of the M-6 Speed that these same dimensions would also fall short.

Is there anyone with either of these bodies and access to the GBS doco (its in the Roar Handbook 2008 page 54) who could verify?

-Mark
Old 07-12-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If you don't care what a car looks like, as long as it handles well, you are wasting your time with this body. You should have a Lola on your car, and be done with it.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Man, i'd so run a 190 mm lola!
Old 07-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mok
A friend of mine and I tried to measure some of the dimensions of the LX-250 from a photograph and our rudimentary calculations showed that the front and rear windscreen dimensions would fall just under the GBS minimum specs.

I am guessing from the photos of the M-6 Speed that these same dimensions would also fall short.

Is there anyone with either of these bodies and access to the GBS doco (its in the Roar Handbook 2008 page 54) who could verify?

-Mark
I'll go grab my shell in a bit and get it measured up for you whilst I'm watching the NASCAR. Pretty sure theres quite a few bits where it falls a long way short of GBS dimensions
Old 07-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

OK measured up my LX250....

Go here and scroll right down for the GBS dimensions http://efra.ws/pdf/handb08_electric.pdf and to see what all the measurements are.

Here is what I measured (note this is by no means definative, but gives you an idea of the numbers)

A 3.6
B 98 (min=105)
C 79
D 95
E 63-68 depending on how measured
F 82 (max=65)
G 23
H 415
I 170 (min=170)
J 40
K 125 (min=140)
L 95 (min=110)
M 98 (min=115)
N 193
O 115 (min=150)
P 81 (min=95)
Q 4
R depending on mounting of body
S -"- -"- -"- -"-

---all numbers in mm---

So basically the cab area is where it doesnt meet the requirements (huge surprise LOL)
Old 07-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

where can i get this body from
Old 07-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by stuey
where can i get this body from
You can't, you have to make it. The good news is that it's easy to do. Go outside on a blisteringly hot day with a piece of polycarbonate and a heat lamp. Put the polycarbonate under the heat lamp for about 2 hours or untill it's nice and flexible. Next drop trou and dump a nice steamy load on the sidewalk, making sure that it has enough time to settle. Next throw said piece of plastic over the resulting shape and let it harden over night. Don't mind the stink, it will either all wash out, or the smell will enhance the wonderful shape of the shell.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

I think the body looks different enough to actually look pretty cool. But....if its not legal then.....I want one!
Old 07-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmay70
You can't, you have to make it. The good news is that it's easy to do. Go outside on a blisteringly hot day with a piece of polycarbonate and a heat lamp. Put the polycarbonate under the heat lamp for about 2 hours or untill it's nice and flexible. Next drop trou and dump a nice steamy load on the sidewalk, making sure that it has enough time to settle. Next throw said piece of plastic over the resulting shape and let it harden over night. Don't mind the stink, it will either all wash out, or the smell will enhance the wonderful shape of the shell.
Looks more like the result of a hermaphrodidic midget breeding with the 'hunch' off of the hunchback of notre dame.

sorry, I don't usually slam like this, but pushing the sport even further out of wack doesn't help anyone. use your gear to make bodies that EVERYONE can use.... makes since, it increases your customer base and if you come up with something that actually works WITHIN specs.... now yer' talkin'
Old 07-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmay70
speaking from experience are you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.