Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barry Baker and Team Magic join forces!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Damn, I was hoping to switch to the TM car and try some of Bakers advice. Oh well.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
In regards to TM and Myself splitting it is true!

It is funny how some things just cant change overnight...but some people beleive they should be able to...

Currently as of this post I am trying to find a job to stay in this industry as I have over 20 years experience in it....It is hard times right now but I know if I keep thinking positive something good will come of this.

Thanks,

Barry
Maybe if you guys would show a little loyality and stay on with a company for more than 3 months it would help.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

I guess TM just wasn't paying him enough to pay his bills.

Barry will bounce back like he always does.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Sounds like we have an internet bada$$ here. Funny how people like to comment on things that they haven't a clue about. Some people drive for a hobby and some drive for a living. Its a business...grow up Pull.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davepull
it's Carma and it's a bitch.
Maybe if you guys would show a little loyality and stay on with a company for more than 3 months it would help.
Sorry Dave...like ya but your off base with those comments. I guess if your employer told you that we have decided we are not going to pay you for the two months you worked you would still work for them? I highly doubt it.

Out of all the pro drivers out there Barry has been one of the most loyal. He was with Yokomo for a long time, he was AE's top driver for several years and basically put TC on the Map in the US IMHO. He was with Xray for 2 years I believe as well.

I dont mind taking shots at guys when they are warranted but I do not think yours were!

EA
Old 10-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I sat near Barry at IIC, and had the opportunity to watch all the hard work and wrenching he did that weekend to make the TM car work. It was very apparent that he was a professional, while the rest of us were just hobbyists ("scrubs"). Watching the car improve and transform every round was really impressive, and had everybody in our little area converted into instant fans.

I think for many of us, Barry is the only reason we knew about this car, or cared much at all. When you're the new kid on the block like TM is in this segment, having a big name on your team for credibility is every bit as important as getting big wins. Without Barry backing it, will anybody ever actually care about this car?

Good luck Barry.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Wow Pull, why don't you go and work for someone who promises to pay and then stiffs you when you need to pay your bills, and the bills he has are just to stay afloat. I know Barry and its tough out there now. I saw him struggle and stay professional throughout his trials with the car at one of the most competitive races in the World; the IIC in Vegas. Never once did he cry or complain to the public. Unfortunately, things don't always work out even with the best intentions.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Good luck Barry, I hope everything works out for you.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

It is funny how some things just cant change overnight...but some people beleive they should be able to...

Currently as of this post I am trying to find a job to stay in this industry as I have over 20 years experience in it....It is hard times right now but I know if I keep thinking positive something good will come of this.

Thanks,

Barry
Did TM think that you were gonna win every race you entered with a few weeks of time with the car? It takes time to learn a new car, seems kinda knee-jerk to the hard times in the industry.

Keep your head up Barry...after the fun time we had in Vegas it is clear to me that you still strive to be the best. Even as an Army of one! I hope things work out for you and if you need a reference please allow the "Scrubs" from Vegas help you out. I think you will end up on your feet on a good team.

As for TM I think they just set themselves back a few more years.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

it's Carma and it's a bitch.
Karma... spelled with a "K"

its called a spell checker, and it's a bitch too.

www.dictionary.com - bookmark it!
Old 10-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

First Blackstock and now Baker... Nick Ko does realize that he has to pay his drivers to keep them, right? Dario may be good at nitro touring in Europe, but if they want to sell cars in the US (both electric and nitro), they might consider getting a few drivers here and keeping them. The owners of Team Magic remind me of a bunch of used car salesmen. All they care about is making a sale as fast as possible and stretching every resource as far as they can. Just look at how many importers they've already screwed over in this country. Looks like my new G4 that I've yet to race will be up for sale. As much as I want to resist switching, those NT1's aren't looking to bad right about now.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

All the best - really hope you find a place where your work is appreciated and you are happy very soon. I met you (briefly!) at the Reedy race in the UK at the hobby show a good few years back, and just as I had anticipated from reading about you in mags/forums etc you were friendly, professional and of course damn good at racin'!

Regards
Oli
Old 10-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

Well at least these Pro toy car racers have their 401k and retirement savings to help them out in the future.

This isn't Nascar. It is time for some to find real work. Mabye some could take up the sport of boxing.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by march to my own
Well at least these Pro toy car racers have their 401k and retirement savings to help them out in the future.

This isn't Nascar. It is time for some to find real work. Mabye some could take up the sport of boxing.
Wow! That is a very low blow comment. March I don't think you completely understand his situtation at all... you are talking about someones livelyhood.

What an idiot...
Old 10-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Thanks,

Barry
Barry wish you the best & good luck in finding a new venture

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.