Old 07-09-2008, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default thunder tech racing

Just seeing how many order a Corr-pro2 truck kit from thundertechracing.com
Old 07-09-2008, 07:16 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looks like a neat option for those that aren't traxxas fans.

Definately some neat designing that went into that truck, instead of just slapping a new body and tires on a pre-exisiting unit and renaming it.

http://www.thundertechracing.com/onl...CORR-02&cat=26

Either way, whether it be ThunderTech or the slash, I like the idea of an actual scale-looking class of trucks that don't rely on the tire or motor of the week to be competitive. I'm all for putting the fun back into racing.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default corr pro 2

I pre-order over a year ago. Talked to the guy last night. Said another 6 weeks..... I have heard that for a long time now. I wanted to start a SPEC class. I also have a SLASH. They work on the REAL off road trucks (CORR) about 6 miles from my house.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

That looks like a unstable company.....

I'll stick with someone with a better reputation.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

i'd give up on the corr from tt they're a great company elsewhere as far as clod txt parts but that truck has been another 6 weeks for well over a year and quite frankly i don't see it coming out...last i've read/heard they've been having rd probs or something of that nature...and being a small company unlike trx,ae,losi it might be a while before it releases...who know's by then maybe ae will release one and and losi a real one not just a rebadged xxxt
Old 07-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Rookie

I know R&D takes a long time but this has been advertised for a long time. Maybe this is why so many companies keep new designs secret until nearly ready. Keeps the negative remarks down.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Default Thunder tech racing

I also know that R&D takes a long time but its been a year later... I got to ask myself do i shit or get of the pot? LOL
Old 07-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by camoracer
I know R&D takes a long time but this has been advertised for a long time. Maybe this is why so many companies keep new designs secret until nearly ready. Keeps the negative remarks down.

no negative remarks just truths...i love the way the car looks but they keep putting off so i am just now hoping that it releases...and not excited because of the numerous delays..i don't think there is anything negative about it
Old 07-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by camoracer
Originally Posted by hellfire
I also know that R&D takes a long time but its been a year later... I got to ask myself do i shit or get of the pot? LOL
Originally Posted by NitroLuver
no negative remarks just truths...i love the way the car looks but they keep putting off so i am just now hoping that it releases...and not excited because of the numerous delays..i don't think there is anything negative about it
Personally, I'd rather wait until it's right than be stuck with a product that was rushed to market or is a rebodied clone of a pre-existing truck.
If they're guilty of anything, it's letting the cat out of the bag too soon.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

any news on this? Saw some new pics and vids (or at least newer than what the vehice looked before) and it appeared to handle much better, less tippy for sure.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:20 PM
MDB
Suspended

Sorry to burst some peoples bubbles, but they are shipping them out now.

If you go here and click on the Thunder Tech boards, you will see that some that have pre-ordered it have already recieved them.

I was going to get one, but had to use a little of the money for other things. When I get the money back, I will pay for one.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

any more news on this?

It looks interesting for sure. One thing I am curious about from those who own it is how good are the plastic shocks they included with the kit and what can they be replaced with? Seemed strange for a kit in the 385 dollar range to have plastic shocks.

For those who own this, how does the truck handle compared to the slash for driving and standard 1/10 scale rc jumps
Old 01-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
any more news on this?

It looks interesting for sure. One thing I am curious about from those who own it is how good are the plastic shocks they included with the kit and what can they be replaced with? Seemed strange for a kit in the 385 dollar range to have plastic shocks.

For those who own this, how does the truck handle compared to the slash for driving and standard 1/10 scale rc jumps
I spoke with Darren a few days ago he said that they were just starting to ship back orders and if you wanted one it would have to be a pre order and be a least 60 days. I don't have one yet but Darren did say the Shocks were Tamiya he also said they were having problems getting in shipments from Tamiya and were looking to do making the axle and a few other parts in house.

Last edited by RC nut; 01-18-2009 at 08:59 AM.