Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
LOOKING FOR A 21 FOR LOSI 8 ANY SUGGESTIONS? >

LOOKING FOR A 21 FOR LOSI 8 ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOOKING FOR A 21 FOR LOSI 8 ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Either way, every Go I've seen and especially my own, has trouble holding a tune. After it cools down, the tune is no more.

When you do have it tuned properly, they scream and can easily keep up with the Italian mills.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Furadi
Why would they ship out engines that are fixed and aren't?
because they've done it before
Old 07-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheesecake
because they've done it before
heck they even shipped me a 7 port with a 3 port sleeve. took 2 weeks to get that resolved.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheesecake
I like how the engines are so great yet i had a problem im telling people about my expierence of the engine. its not like ive never tried one to me they are junk and with that crappy carb there is no way you will get 10 gallons out of it.
I don't want to get in the midle of what is good and what isn't, i will tell everyone who reads this that the GO ENGINE is a great mill. On the flip side yes people have had problems with the carbs. But with that being said GO engines LTD. does everything needed to resolve an issue with there product, every change that has accured with the GO engine was done by the feed back of racers and modders alike, yes the simple fix is to put a NR or OS carb on it, yes that sucks but not all people are having problems with the carbs, i run the GO carb and always have, but i am mathtical on how i break them in, alot of guys start the leaning way to soon and try to get speed befor proper seating of the moving components, this can cause lean issues. In 2 years i have never had one of my own engines blow up, break rods or cranks, the quality of the engine is steller.

As for longevity, never less than 7 gallons, our first test 7 port was still running strong after 9 gallons on all original parts, and no pinching to the sleeve, it was put through the ringer, ran in buggy, truggy 1/8 oval and it shined.

Chris Pace is a sponcered GO driver, he swears by the 5 port turbo, and is currently 2nd in pionts at the Farm 2 Pro series, and finished in the top 10 at the nitro blast in atlanta with over 340 racers, and alot of big named team drivers there as well.

So to sum it up, are they good mills, yes. do they last, yes even longer than big$$$ mills, are they as fast or faster than big$$ mills yes, if i didn't see what they are capable of, i wouldn't mod and sell them, niether would EB mods. Just my 2 cents
Old 07-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jamminnay
get an rb you know you are getting quality then!!

RB S5 $230

10 gallon life span easy

Holds a tune for years lol

Go 3 port Race $200

Your lucky if you get 4 gallons

Good luck getting a tune to hold 30 seconds after it gets off the bump box

Spend the $30 extra dollars and get a real motor, if you cant afford the $30 dollars save yourself $10 and get an RB S3. Still everybit as strong as a go.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

not bad for a $200 GO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SgzMa6jeEo
Old 07-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wes95_z28

RB S5 $230

10 gallon life span easy

Holds a tune for years lol

Go 3 port Race $200

Your lucky if you get 4 gallons

Good luck getting a tune to hold 30 seconds after it gets off the bump box

Spend the $30 extra dollars and get a real motor, if you cant afford the $30 dollars save yourself $10 and get an RB S3. Still everybit as strong as a go.
I'll leave this thread by saying, people are going to hate on something that is on par with what they have yet cost much less.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

well i run a dynamite platnium series 28 yes i know that its not a 21 like you want but from what ive had with the 28 i dont really see any problems with the 21 the 28 is just awesome i run it in my truggy and just love it its got plenty of power and i am just running a stock losi pipe and it rips but if the 21 has the reliabilty like the 28 i would for surly go with that but as of now that is the motors im going to be running i have no problems with the 28 its just a awesome motor and for the price i just had to get it