Community
Wiki Posts
Search

19T Motor Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 02:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I hear some similar stories about having to set the timing up to 36-40 degrees to get those motors to run. They may run better for two minutes but once they start to burn the brushes, they slow down and can hardly finish the race. Meanwhile, my Fantom ran very nice this weekend
Old 09-10-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by spooky
Sushi, if your gonna do an epic basic 19t, you may want to look at Fast Forward Racing. as Speed said earlier, alot of the guys in our 19t state series run them. I know I am not buying a Fantom 19t again.... Admittedly, I am kinda biased, as they are locals, but then again, I would not recommend the motors if they were crap.
I would love to run some sort of quad magnet type of motor, but our rules at my local track say no adjustable timing. I race at the same place that 2 tenths does. The fantom just seems to be the best bang for the buck.

-Sushi Boy
Old 09-10-2003, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

does fast forward racing have a website I can take a look at. I'm always willing to try new things and do some testing.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

jkerr... you're right once you put so much timing into motor and motor starts heating up faster and brushes go faster and so does the come because it's getting more wear on it. on all of my mod and 19t motors i don't have any more then about 28. i thinks that the highest you should go.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Guys another option for 19 turn motors is Axiom. Dave at Axiom does a great job of tuning stock and spec motors. Check out there web site, link below.

Chad
Old 09-10-2003, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

chadk i love the axiom stock motors i got one from them and my freinds are sponsered from them and they told me who tuned them and that and i was thinking of mayb gettin a new 19t motor because mine are prolly about gone.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

jkerr0043,

http://www.mdiracing.com/fastforward/fastforward3.htm
Old 09-11-2003, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

jker spooky posted the web site for mdi they will hook you up.
by the way guys the adj timing motor is more of an oval thing they run at high rpms and dont load the motor up coming out of a corner like road racers they can advance timing high we need low end graunt so we'll run less timing and with lay down we get more torque whih is why you guys are heating up the motors trying to get power stick with the c-2 none adjustable for road racing trust me its beter for you plus cheaper to maintain.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default 19t

this is funny, all the guys at my track who want to run the hand wound, adj timing motors say they' run cooler, are more efficeint, last longer, ect... also they tell me the chameleons are inconsistant, that if you buy 3, one may run good & the other 2 are junk. all these guys run the ARCOR motor and seem to like them well. i just want something i can use my laydown brushes with. a fixed timing, laydown brushed can with a hand wound arm would be nice, any tips on that?
Old 09-15-2003, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default reedy

well a bunch of us ran 19t this weekend. there were several different motors reprensented. me and one other guy bought the Reedy quad magnet that should but an end to the debate about if it's availible or not. the guy that runs our track was able to get 3 of them. they were fast, much better than the fantoms that were running. there was a chameloen on the track, no good, and one other motor, the dude wouldn't say who made it but it was an epic can with p-94 brushes, very fast
Old 09-15-2003, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Post New Reedy 19 Turn

Saw a couple guys at our local track run the new Reedy yesterday. Very impressive!

Later,
Old 09-15-2003, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

we run the c2 motors here in florida
and at our state series race this weekend
they ran and oval after practice some of the guys were running fixed and some were runing adjustable. the guy that won
ran a c2 and the second place guy ran adjustable, the guys we are talking about are factory drivers and they are very capable of wining at any time both have made the a main at the nationals
all i can say the motors were close in performance on the track i was sitting with the guy running the adjustable and he wasnt sweating in trying to get power
he played with spring tensions and brush cuts and played with the timing the motor
was fast i went and visited with the other guy and he was trying different brush cuts and compound and springs the only thing he didnt control was timing.
in the race he got a jump. seems in every single run the car came off the corner better but the adjustable had better mid range and high end.
they were pretty close.

then during the day i drove a epic based motor with p94 brushes and all i can say with mild timing it ran like a mild modified like a 13 or 12 turn motor.
i didnt have the bottom end pull but the mid range zip and high end pullesw were impressive. it helped in the infield with the adjustalbe because it was smooth.
guys the motors both make power but the guy with the adjustable made power easyier.
guess i want adjustable .

so get to learning the adjustable
Old 09-16-2003, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

hector if your talking about mike boylan? he runs a arcornite motor..it's machine wound and has adjustable timing. but if you gear a C2 high enough it will run well in oval..i like the hand wounds over the C2's because i dont have to tune them or massage them nearly as much as a C2..not to mention the magnets in a C2 go away so fast..you need a magnet zapper handy with them sinkers..
Old 09-17-2003, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Hey everyone if you are looking for the new Reedy Quad Magnet 19 turn motors we have them in stock.

Kraig
KT Hobbies
Old 09-17-2003, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default ?

Are they fixed timing(new quad spec)? I cannot find anything at the AE website.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.