Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated Off Road Desert Truck ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
Yeah, the Robitronic is pretty neat...but you'd be strung up by the 1:1 desertracing community if you called that a Trophy Truck

That's a truck?
Old 08-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kdeselms
Could prove to be a fairly major misstep, then...have yet to see a Slayer at the track, but 20 Slashes show up.
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Looks like Traxxas miss the mark with the Slayer huh ?

Can't see what hasn't been released

Should start seeing slayers this week.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stallard
Can't see what hasn't been released

Should start seeing slayers this week.
Ohh okay, for some reason I thought they were already out. I guess the jury's still out, then! Seems like this announcement by AE (and the hint that it isn't electric) has a chance of slowing Slayer sales (too much alliteration), though. Uncertainty always leads to people holding onto their money.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

That Robotronic is hilarious. Let me put my slash body on my 808, and LOOKEE, I've got a 4WD trophy truck...
Old 08-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well it looks like a converted RC8 to me. Its a converted 1/8 buggy. Look at the wheel nuts and the fuel tank in the pic. Fuel tank can be seen in the front wheel well.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I wonder if that means the end of "Slash class racing" or should I say; stock CORR style racing, that a lot of clubs are doing now, including mine.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Originally Posted by VVRC
I wonder if that means the end of "Slash class racing" or should I say; stock CORR style racing, that a lot of clubs are doing now, including mine.
I believe that would be a big NO. One of the things that made this truck so popular is the cost. I don't think slayer sales will be anywhere near slash sales based on cost to the customer. Same goes for the AE truck.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobbieS
I believe that would be a big NO. One of the things that made this truck so popular is the cost. I don't think slayer sales will be anywhere near slash sales based on cost to the customer. Same goes for the AE truck.
I agree....unless the AE truck comes in at a price point under $250.

If AE has built an electric 2wd car and it fits in the slash classes then those classes are going to grow big time, and AE will sell thousands of cars for no other reason then you have people like cherry that would buy an AE car because of perceived superior quality,performance...whatever.

If the car comes in as a $400+ gas car it will sell to the select market, but I highly doubt it will take off like the car did for half the price. Same if it is a
4wd electric, it is a new market and who know if it will take off. If they are smart they should try to hop on that band wagon that is already rolling at a pretty good clip.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:39 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by cherokee
I agree....unless the AE truck comes in at a price point under $250.

If AE has built an electric 2wd car and it fits in the slash classes then those classes are going to grow big time, and AE will sell thousands of cars for no other reason then you have people like cherry that would buy an AE car because of perceived superior quality,performance...whatever.

If the car comes in as a $400+ gas car it will sell to the select market, but I highly doubt it will take off like the car did for half the price. Same if it is a
4wd electric, it is a new market and who know if it will take off. If they are smart they should try to hop on that band wagon that is already rolling at a pretty good clip.

I just got a Slash , for the "fun" hacking and bashing with my teammates. Not cus of its poor quality and performance ......

Will buy the Ae Sc-8 because it is a R/c "race" car, designed to win races....

cus "racing" is even more fun than a Slash ...
Old 08-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Racing is Racing,

It doesn't matter if its a pine wood derby car or a top fuel dragster. As long as everyone is in similarly equipped vehicles that fit within the class rules it doesn't matter what type of vehicle it is or who made it. To say that slash racing is not racing because it is made by Traxxas is just a sign of ignorance.

I personally would like to see AE with an electric CORR truck but it looks like we will be waiting quite some time.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Somebody will eventually make CORR conversion kits for T4s and XXXTs for those who need something more than the Slash.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
Somebody will eventually make CORR conversion kits for T4s and XXXTs for those who need something more than the Slash.
Actually when you think about it, take the suspension & axles off of a B4 and put 'em on a T4 chassis, different wheels & tires, and hang a full-size body on it...that's prolly it right there.

That's kinda what I was hoping the SC8 would be to begin with
Old 08-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
Actually when you think about it, take the suspension & axles off of a B4 and put 'em on a T4 chassis, different wheels & tires, and hang a full-size body on it...that's prolly it right there.

That's kinda what I was hoping the SC8 would be to begin with
I think it takes a little more than that. You want the body to have a little backing from the chassis in certain spots. Otherwise it will just crumble when you have a little bump with the the next guy. Slashes are pretty good at pushing each other around the track without breaking... That's part of their fun appeal, I think.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shurcooL
I think it takes a little more than that. You want the body to have a little backing from the chassis in certain spots. Otherwise it will just crumble when you have a little bump with the the next guy. Slashes are pretty good at pushing each other around the track without breaking... That's part of their fun appeal, I think.
Maybe...but you should see how the dirt oval IMCA Modified guys build their cars by me. 2WD Buggies with a strip of Lexan going across the wing mounts, with a body post at each end to hit the sides of the back window. Up front they replace 2 of the 3 screws that hook the front steering "bridge" to the chassis with extra-long setscrews, and thread generic cut-to-length body posts onto those to go through the hood. Most rickety looking setup you've ever seen, but it works. ~shrugs~

I'm just crazy enough to try turning a T4 into a pseudo-Slash too Anyone got a B4FT they're willing to donate to (mad) science?

Last edited by OTE_TheMissile; 08-05-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sometimes it is fun just to poke some people

I have a feeling we will see the new AE truck around a month or so before Christmas.

AE is not quite a retail only operation but I think they know when the best time of year to get a new product out there, that way little cherry.....errr.....johnny has something to nag mom and dad about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.