Wiki Posts
Search

Associated Off Road Desert Truck ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocket-mtrsprts
Do you EVER comment about anything you know to be fact ?
CORR runs a Borg Warner Shootout in which the Pro2 and Pro4 Trucks race each other on the track at the same time.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

moded!
Old 07-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone looked on the the back of the September RC Car Action It has what looks to the CORR truck they sponser now but with plastic bumpers and A-Arms.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

i don't think they'd make an 18th scale one...but then again you never know...i wonder will it be like the slash with it's high cg or will it be like the losi using a proven race low cg chassis and layout
Old 07-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I can neither deny nor confirm that.
I can't even imagine being in Ricks position. Having to be tight liped. Getting bribes of money and hot sisters/gf/wives etc to reveal secrets of AE.

Esp. given todays economy! Its a tough market. Rick has to keep a job folks, we can't risk him losing his job for the sake of a few details which will likly be revealed sooner or later.

Rick, Id imagine, a person in your position gets all giddy about certain things which you know will impact the industry. I've met several folks directly tied in the industry and its the same thing. Knowing that you have a product that will get a lot of attention. Now I know how people in the auto industry or hell ANY industry trying to get ahead must feel.

I'll be waiting attentively!

On a side note, IF this is a simiar truck to the CORR style racing, can AE look into bringing back the Toyota Baja Truck body they made BITD for the orig. RC10T.

MOmo
Old 07-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

with ae releasing one...this will help get some support of pro-line to make bodies hopefully
Old 07-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

I wonder if it's going to be gas or electric? Both would be awesome!
Old 07-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by JDCrow
CORR runs a Borg Warner Shootout in which the Pro2 and Pro4 Trucks race each other on the track at the same time.
That's JUST that shootout, otherwise the Pro2 and Pro4 trucks run in seperate races since the 2WDs aren't competitive with the 4WDs.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by r450racer
lol
Old 07-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by r450racer
Both? Like a hybrid truck... at low speeds runs on lipo, then the nitro engine kicks in?

Old 07-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Both as in an electric version and a gas version, anything I can destroy traxxas cars with.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nemix
Both? Like a hybrid truck... at low speeds runs on lipo, then the nitro engine kicks in?

I think you got that backwards!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nemix

That'd be crazy fast like gear the electric for low end speed and torque them vice versa for nitro engine. But that'd cost and weigh a ton and I'd make it revered nitro for low end torque and electric for speed runs. Except I dont think this'd be the best idea.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Crawler
I think you got that backwards!
Oh you beat me to it I was still typeing when you put this up but I agree with you.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by hovkar
That'd be crazy fast like gear the electric for low end speed and torque them vice versa for nitro engine. But that'd cost and weigh a ton and I'd make it revered nitro for low end torque and electric for speed runs. Except I dont think this'd be the best idea.
......................................__.......... ......................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,................................... .......
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll..................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll............................. ...
..............lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-..*`*;..)..........................
.................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/...................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*....................
................|.../.../.../.*`..............................)....)¯`~,....... ...........
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---........../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../....................
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|......................
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,...................
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.