Search

best ballcups

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 07:07 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSS07
lets see you go to vineland and back without breaking one part

im going to try jconcepts again, i looked at the ballcups last night and they were totally warn
I think I've heard that about literally every track I've been to, and that count is now in the hundreds.

Tracks don't break cars, drivers do ~ either by pushing the design boundaries of the vehicle, or by overdriving, or by simple abuse, or by letting plastic parts wear to the point of no return and breaking before bothing to do routine maintenance and replacement.

I've yet to visit a track in which I put my car down and it instantaneously combusted, exploded into a million pieces, or was thrown outside the track walls by the track.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

NOt for nothing, but ball cups are ball cups. Yeah, some may fit a bit better and not have as much friction, but I have never had any problems with the stock Associated, stock Losi black--even the stock Tamiya 501x ones (which everyone seems to change because they are soft).

I have 2 or 3 packages of Jconepts, a bunch of Losi blacks and greys--2 packages of stock Associated and some Lunsford ones. They are still in the package and not on any cars because I only replace cups when the originals break or get very sloppy. I am not going to throw away perfectly good stock cups.

The ones I think are very slightly better than stock are the Jconcepts, RPM, Lunsford and Losi whites.

They shouldn't be so tight to where they break the turnbuckle in a hard hit--they are supposed to pop off to save the turnbuckles and ball studs. If they are popping off too easily however, they are most likely worn. You should really replace them after popping them off 3-4 times for maint. They will get looser.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSI SCOTT
I have been to vineland many times and have came back without breaking ANYTHING so there must be a problem somewhere?
What choo want a cookie ??, He is a 14 yr old kid who has been there one time. He saves all his money he earns so he can race and in time he will be a really good driver. I have respect for the little bugger and so should you. He is pretty decent just not used to a 20ft. triple.

Originally Posted by rocket-mtrsprts
I think I've heard that about literally every track I've been to, and that count is now in the hundreds.

Tracks don't break cars, drivers do ~ either by pushing the design boundaries of the vehicle, or by overdriving, or by simple abuse, or by letting plastic parts wear to the point of no return and breaking before bothing to do routine maintenance and replacement.

I've yet to visit a track in which I put my car down and it instantaneously combusted, exploded into a million pieces, or was thrown outside the track walls by the track.
Glad to see your telling a 14 yr old kid he has a issue with his driving. Your so kewl rocket swallowing rob.

You already got banned once..... Vineland is a hard track and a part breaker just look at the results on their site.

You will see lots of dnf's not from me so much but you'll see them.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:48 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocket-mtrsprts

Well you obviously never been to Vineland. In years past the track had small jumps and you never got much air or need any power to make the jumps. Now the track is just like a SuperCross track with huge air, jumps and need plenty of power to make the jumps. Combine that with the low traction and parts breakage is easy if you are the slightest bit offline. The wood walls and wood on the side of the jumps don't help any. I been racing 24 years and while this track use to be fairly easy on parts now it is brutal. If you make 3 heats and the main without breaking you had a great day. Even the best around from regional champs to national champs break parts at this this track easily.

I will agree with RB5 on this one as the track is very difficult. The huge triple is hungary for parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It wants fed every Saturday during the summer.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:51 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by LOSI SCOTT
I have been to vineland many times and have came back without breaking ANYTHING so there must be a problem somewhere?
I guess you are so much better than Kinwald and that he has a problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seen him years ago break parts at Vineland when the track was alot easier than it is now.

I guess Kinwald has a problem.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyd

The huge triple is hungary for parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It wants fed every Saturday during the summer.
roflmao......

It wants fed !!!
Old 07-04-2008, 12:09 PM

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Well you obviously never been to Vineland. In years past the track had small jumps and you never got much air or need any power to make the jumps. Now the track is just like a SuperCross track with huge air, jumps and need plenty of power to make the jumps. Combine that with the low traction and parts breakage is easy if you are the slightest bit offline. The wood walls and wood on the side of the jumps don't help any. I been racing 24 years and while this track use to be fairly easy on parts now it is brutal. If you make 3 heats and the main without breaking you had a great day. Even the best around from regional champs to national champs break parts at this this track easily.

I will agree with RB5 on this one as the track is very difficult. The huge triple is hungary for parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It wants fed every Saturday during the summer.
it makes it twice as hard when the triple is crooked like this.... l//
Old 07-04-2008, 12:47 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by BSS07
it makes it twice as hard when the triple is crooked like this.... l//
Yeah. I thought my glasses where playing tricks on me.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyd
Yeah. I thought my glasses where playing tricks on me.
You gonna be at pitstop on the 19th ?

Do they have assoc. and Kyosho parts ?
Old 07-04-2008, 12:53 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
You gonna be at pitstop on the 19th ?

Do they have assoc. and Kyosho parts ?
Well I was going to skip the 19th because it is ROAR and I don't like them or want to give them a dime (no matter what brushless I run as I feel the same if I ran Novak or LRP but I just don't like ROAR). But since you are looking to come down I will run that race if your coming down.

They have Associated parts in stock. No Kyosho parts except for what Bob Walker has for his RB5 and two others have some parts for the ZX-SP 4wd car.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyd
Well I was going to skip the 19th because it is ROAR and I don't like them or want to give them a dime (no matter what brushless I run as I feel the same if I ran Novak or LRP but I just don't like ROAR). But since you are looking to come down I will run that race if your coming down.

They have Associated parts in stock. No Kyosho parts except for what Bob Walker has for his RB5 and two others have some parts for the ZX-SP 4wd car.
I'll be there wyd, if your planning on punching me in the face make sure you wear your mamba t-shirt so i can atleast see it coming...LOL

all kidding aside.....

You should go i feel the same about roar especially after the front tire fiasco at vineland.

I don't think i should have to pay a extra 15 bucks or 30 bucks for the year for a membership to something that really does nothing. It's toy car racing not the FIA.

I suppose i need to stock up on zx-5 front arms, shock towers and hubs then.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a somewhat related question. How do you guys remove ball cups from the studs without bending and scraping (pliers) the cup itself? Is there a tool that does it without too much damage to either parts?
Old 07-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

^^^ I use very sharp pliers and grab the ball cup on the shank and twist it, this will pop it off and shouldnt damage it.

I have used many different rod ends over the years and i must say the 2x best i have used by far as the Losi white cups and the J concepts ones, they are made from a very hard composite almost like graphite or stifezel. I have used RPM ones many times back in the day and whilst they work good are a lot less forgiving if you have to remove them a couple of times, because they are nylon they tend to stretch very easily and develop slop a lot faster.

One thing thats critical with any rod end installation is the pre-tapping of the rod ends with the turnbuckles first and making sure you are using the correct length turnbuckle for the camber link you are using, failure to do both will stress the rod ends and lead to breakages on impacts. I always grip the rod end in a pair of pliers and grease the turnbuckle thread with teflon grease and then work it all the way in and back out about 2-3 times to make sure the threads are well cut. Then i will go ahead and thread both sides on and then measure them and make sure each side is exactly the same thread count threaded in and then pop them onto the ball studs. It is super important to make sure that only about 3/4 of the thread is inside the rod end when the car is set to the correct camber and camber link etc. and they links arent threaded to far in or to far out and only holding by a few threads, having them in the perfect spot will allow some flex and will give them the best strength they can have.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

75% of the people on a race track use RPM ball-cups,
Now I've seen the Schumacher cups before and they are super hard.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:34 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
I'll be there wyd, if your planning on punching me in the face make sure you wear your mamba t-shirt so i can atleast see it coming...LOL

all kidding aside.....

You should go i feel the same about roar especially after the front tire fiasco at vineland.

I don't think i should have to pay a extra 15 bucks or 30 bucks for the year for a membership to something that really does nothing. It's toy car racing not the FIA.

I suppose i need to stock up on zx-5 front arms, shock towers and hubs then.
Ok bro I will race that race. I might just wear the Castle hat but I might go with an actual brushed motor even though at the Regionals they let the Mamba run mod. If not I will have a mod with me to be prepared just in case.

Not really trying to punch you in the mouth with my Castle stuff. Its all going to be for fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And by the way are track is easier on parts than Vineland.

I'm with on the exta funds. Thats extra tires or even better yet extra food at races.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.