Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree11Likes

AARCMCC Online!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
yeah not bad. a little emotionless, but i guess that's ok. it is a organisation committee the site is representing.

maybe just a little feedback. instead of having the rules only downloadable why don't you have both choices. viewed in sections by clicking a link (ie click bodies to see approved types) click engine rules for engine rules etc etc.

makes it simpler i recon. looks good though.
Yes, why are there no 'Pop Ups' that say "AARCMCC Loves each & every one of you".......Wheres the love? Wheres the feeling? I felt so cold & empty looking at that site, no feeling......no soul, an emotionless void

Not like that RC Underground site........full of love. I never felt so alive as I did reading a comparison beteween glorified allen keys. I get chills thinking about it. I know Fastfart will give all electric racers love, Fastfart has lots of love to give.........

Agree links would help locate rules however.

Regards
Timmy
Old 08-19-2003, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, why are there no 'Pop Ups' that say "AARCMCC Loves each & every one of you".......
Now Timmy, put the KY traction compond away

The web site at the moment has just been set up and being developed, some of these things will be sorted over time.
As far as listing motors, bodies etc, we will discuss the point.
But with links to the respective web sites, we can keep upto date easier.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by fastolfart
As far as listing motors, bodies etc, we will discuss the point.
But with links to the respective web sites, we can keep upto date easier.
can i suggest stealing the BRCA lists - they are complete and downloadable and would only need subtle tweeking to match our rules
Old 08-19-2003, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Timmy2qik
I never felt so alive as I did reading a comparison beteween glorified allen keys. I get chills thinking about it.
tim, baby steps mate, baby steps. Rome wasn't built in a day!
Old 08-19-2003, 07:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Timmy2qik
Yes, why are there no 'Pop Ups' that say "AARCMCC Loves each & every one of you".......Wheres the love? Wheres the feeling? I felt so cold & empty looking at that site, no feeling......no soul, an emotionless void

Not like that RC Underground site........full of love. I never felt so alive as I did reading a comparison beteween glorified allen keys. I get chills thinking about it. I know Fastfart will give all electric racers love, Fastfart has lots of love to give.........

Agree links would help locate rules however.

Regards
Timmy
Not to be rude but do you have to really come into every thread and post your drivel? I thought there was a thread made just for you to post your views in that those of us not interested in your unique sense of humour could avoid.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

The site seems to be coming together nicely.

I tried to send this email to Dave at [email protected] but the email bounces with this error message "This address no longer accepts mail." I thought you may be able to help or pass on these to Dave.

I just had a look at the 1/10th 235mm rules that have been posted on the site and noticed that the minimum weight says 1825 grams which I believe is incorrect. The actual minimum weight in all previous copies of the AARCMCC rules I have is 1900 grams/4.1887 lbs and the QRCCRA recently put in a proposal to AARCMCC that the weight be changed from 1900 to 1925 to take into account the personal transponders. Is this a typo?

Could you please clarify for me what the actual minimum weight is?

Under the Large Scale section the dates are incorrect for the 5th scale Qld state titles and the 5th scale nats. The dates are

5th scale QLD titles August 29th to the 31st

5th Scale Nationals October 30th to November 2nd

Cheers Alastair

Last edited by quozl; 08-19-2003 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by Besercoe
Contact - So where do you want to put it all???? in RTR Lines, or the IMCC?

If in racing lines - people wont know about anything until after it has happened 6 months down the track. And not be accurate at well.
Shouldnt the member clubs be the first point of contact (no pun intended). Any corrspondance from AARCMCC should go through the clubs first for dissemination to the members. At least this is the way it should/is/was being done in the IC sections.

IMHO. Any online info should be secondary.

DC
Old 08-19-2003, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by contact

darkman nice site - perhaps you can convince the powers that be to let you have a crack at the ifmar site!

hi contact, thanks for the feedback...
IFMAR is under consideration... i think...

but first is the NSWRCRCC site... needs a revamp...
Old 08-19-2003, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

can i suggest stealing the BRCA lists -
we actually follow the ROAR rules, so we copy the listing from there.

Alastair, I will ask Dave the questions and we will check it out.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by quozl
The site seems to be coming together nicely.

I tried to send this email to Dave at [email protected] but the email bounces with this error message "This address no longer accepts mail." I thought you may be able to help or pass on these to Dave.

I just had a look at the 1/10th 235mm rules that have been posted on the site and noticed that the minimum weight says 1825 grams which I believe is incorrect. The actual minimum weight in all previous copies of the AARCMCC rules I have is 1900 grams/4.1887 lbs and the QRCCRA recently put in a proposal to AARCMCC that the weight be changed from 1900 to 1925 to take into account the personal transponders. Is this a typo?

Could you please clarify for me what the actual minimum weight is?

Under the Large Scale section the dates are incorrect for the 5th scale Qld state titles and the 5th scale nats. The dates are

5th scale QLD titles August 29th to the 31st

5th Scale Nationals October 30th to November 2nd

Cheers Alastair
alistair the CONTACT email address doesn't exist... try [email protected] that one works...

any info you pickup that is wrong, just email mr mcinerney at [email protected] and ask him to change it to the correct details...
Old 08-20-2003, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by fastolfart
we actually follow the ROAR rules, so we copy the listing from there.
i know... but the BRCA ones are much much better, from the point of view of clarity, definition and ease of modification and would require only minor changes to match ROAR
Old 08-24-2003, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

the BRCA ones are much much better
After a few hours of not working for who's paying the bills, I have had a look at both. The BRCA does have some 2 door bodies listed which goes against the rules we use, I have copied the ROAR list and broken it up to make the list easier to follow. The good thing about the ROAR list, is it includes body part #'s.

I am working on a list of all electric car clubs nationally for an invitation to join AARCMCC, if anyone thinks that their club may get over looked, please PM me and I will make sure that they are on the mail out.
Thanks to those who have already made contact
Old 08-24-2003, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

I've never really been a fan of lists of products that meet the specifications. Sure their handy as a guide for competitors but really only as a guide. The reason being that the rules aren't structured so that you can only use products on a list, if a product meets the technical regulations then its legal.

For my mind, this is the way it should work too. Lists of this nature are hard to maintain, especially when nominally there are only two people in administration for a section. There is a lot of capacity for perfectly legal products to be excluded from a list simply because the administrators don't know about the product or the importer/manufacturer doesn't know about/have the time to be submitting products to a racing body. That situation isn't good for the racer as few new comers to racing are going to check lists of legal products and that can only lead to fewer racers trying out big events.

Having said that, I think it is good Pete, that you are taking the time to try to compile this type of list. It will be useful to some people and it demonstrates to everyone that there is activity in the body.

Any chance we could get the entry form for the NSW offroad state titles on the AARCMCC website?
Old 08-24-2003, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Radio Active
I've never really been a fan of lists of products that meet the specifications. Sure their handy as a guide for competitors but really only as a guide. The reason being that the rules aren't structured so that you can only use products on a list, if a product meets the technical regulations then its legal.

For my mind, this is the way it should work too. Lists of this nature are hard to maintain, especially when nominally there are only two people in administration for a section. There is a lot of capacity for perfectly legal products to be excluded from a list simply because the administrators don't know about the product or the importer/manufacturer doesn't know about/have the time to be submitting products to a racing body. That situation isn't good for the racer as few new comers to racing are going to check lists of legal products and that can only lead to fewer racers trying out big events.

Having said that, I think it is good Pete, that you are taking the time to try to compile this type of list. It will be useful to some people and it demonstrates to everyone that there is activity in the body.

Any chance we could get the entry form for the NSW offroad state titles on the AARCMCC website?
While I'm not sure about electric or off-road I know for a fact that the IC on-road and Large scale sections have lists of bodies that have been homologated for use at sanctioned events.

The rules in these classes definately are structured toward and state you can only use the homologated bodies included on the list.

Even if your body meets the technical specifications unless it has been submitted for homologation by the manufacturer and is on the list then at a sanctioned event you won't be allowed to use it.

Usually the body list is supplied to AARCMCC by IFMAR and you will find that IFMAR requests manufacturers to submit bodies for homologation on a regular basis. Also any affiliated club can put in a rule change proposal to AARCMCC regarding body rules to be voted on by affiliated clubs that run that class as has been done in the past for 235mm and 200mm nitro classes.

If newcomers are going to be racing at sanctioned state and national events I would think it is only prudent on their part to be fully up to date with the rules for their particular class.

As well if a manufacturer is producing new bodies that meet the specifications for a given class and wants their body to be used at these National and International events then I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard for them to supply a couple of bodies to IFMAR for homolgation into the list and then IFMAR can send out an updated list to the affiliated organisations.

As an example we were unable to use a new prototype body at the Nationals in Adelaide two years ago that had been used and won at the European Championships earlier that year as the body had not been homologated yet by IFMAR or AARCMCC. EFRA had given the body special dispensation to be run at the Euro's but the manufacturer hadn't yet had the body homolgated by IFMAR and hence we were unable to use it. In the end the body wasn't homologated by IFMAR or AARCMCC as it failed to meet certain criteria of the 235mm rules.

Personally I feel if drivers are going to be competing and manufacturers want their products used at this level of racing that being state ,national and world events then the onus is on them to make sure that they conform to all the current rules.

Cheers Alastair
Old 08-24-2003, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

PHEW so many words just about bodies (I'll vote for the one on the left < )

For the beginner at club level racing, it is up to the club to allow or dis-allow certain bodies, wing etc.
The bodies that have ROAR, BRCA approval will meet the scrutineering requirements at santioned events when cut out and mounted properly.
After you have cut out the EP touring car body, the ID marks usually have been removed as well (I know that the 1/8, 235mm bodies have a moulded marking)
I agree that keeping list like this upto date involves some time, but it will have to be done.
As far as your entry forms go, I would love to see them on the site, but I think we currently have some restrictions to work with that may not allow it to happen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.