Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yea just keep us informed and take some pics. Im really interested
Old 12-26-2008, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitroburner9
yea just keep us informed and take some pics. Im really interested
+1. If I have to buy two different set-up stations, one for buggy and one for truggy, I might just go and get the Hudy system.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

I would buy the Hudy just because its easier but if someone has their heart set on TM they could just buy the truggy setup to begin with & it will work on both just like the Hudy does & from my exp TM stuff is just as good a quality(tool & hop up,not bringin up cars) as Hudy. Only problem I see is getting & dealing with TM, at least we got a dist for Hudy/x-ray in US,not as easy as say Losi but better than TM.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I'm still wondering if the height distance where the hubs mount on the side adjustment plates would make a difference considering buggies and truggies are different heights. Would the camber adjustment be off?

If you bought the truggy setup chances are you would have to modify the top plate and then the question I posted above comes into play.

I lucked out and found a brand new TM buggy setup station for $45 on ebay about 3 months ago. I could not believe I got it so cheap still in the plastic wrapping. I am tempted to just save up a little more cash and get the truggy system too.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I use the TM Buggy station for both my 8ight and 8ight T and thought about getting a second top plate for Toe adjustments on the truggy.

What I have been doing is just using the buggy top plate and eye balling the toe from side to side. I indexed the buggy top plate's center line all the way to the plates edges and use the center of the screw on the side the plate is not attached to as a reference point. Not as easy as using it on the buggy, but gets the job done.

Camber adjustments don't seem to be off on the truggy vs. the buggy on the same station. If it is, its not enough for me to notice. I would think the the hub hieght difference between the buggy and truggy would come into play when setting ride hieght. I do that with the tires on anyway so I get the ride hieght set for that set of tires I am running.

I also have the 1/8th setup board from TM and with the 8ight T, the station just fits on the board. I was told that they now make a bigger board for truggies, but haven't looked in to that as what I use now works for me.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Tech Lord

camber is camber...the height of the top plate has zero reference to how the camber is measured....My vote is for the Hudy.....there is a step by step process to setting up a buggy/truggy...some things cant be done before other's....which is why the Hudy manual comes in soo handy for those moments when you question what measurement comes first or last.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Yup,
Hudy was on my list too, but I got a good deal with the TM unit, either one is the only ones I'd reccomend.

Integra,
Didn't know the Hudy manual had that info in it, any place to find the manual on line? I'd like to read through it or down load it.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
Yup,
Hudy was on my list too, but I got a good deal with the TM unit, either one is the only ones I'd reccomend.

Integra,
Didn't know the Hudy manual had that info in it, any place to find the manual on line? I'd like to read through it or down load it.

On Hudy's site....but ive heard its somewhat challenging to find.....there are threads out there that have the link...but i cant remember which........good luck.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Integra,
Thanks, I'll look into that.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:43 AM
vr6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i have the tm station for my buggy and love it, i noticed right away after building my sx8 and using the setup station that the car was way more dialed. tracked damm near perfect, hell i didn't even have to use any steering trim

like others, i couldn't find a hudy system so i went with the tm brand. but now thinking about running truggy, i hope that the top plate for the tm truggy station will work for the buggy model.

maybe tm can make replacement plates to update everyones buggy station to a universal station.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Integra,
Found the manual on the Hudy site, wasn't too bad to find.
Thanks again
Old 12-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by vr6
i have the tm station for my buggy and love it, i noticed right away after building my sx8 and using the setup station that the car was way more dialed. tracked damm near perfect, hell i didn't even have to use any steering trim

like others, i couldn't find a hudy system so i went with the tm brand. but now thinking about running truggy, i hope that the top plate for the tm truggy station will work for the buggy model.

maybe tm can make replacement plates to update everyones buggy station to a universal station.

the truggy plate would be Way too wide for buggy.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

I have the hard setup station for my buggy and used it on my truggy and for toe I was just using a measuring tape to get toe. I will definately get the toe be getting the toe plate the only diffrence will be for ride height. I don't check ride height with the car in the guages I do it with the tires to get a better reading since inserts and tires can be diffrent in diameter.Wolf hobbies carries all the hard and team magic stuff also Racers Edge is a dealer aswell.I had a problem with mine and Racers Edge fixed me up.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm like nitro neil I have the TM buggy station and use it on my truggy but don't set the toe with it and have been searching of a truggy toe plate that fits but haven't had any luck till I saw this thread today. Thanks nitro neil I'm emailing Wolf Hobbies ASAP to see if they are going to bring some in.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So using the buggy station and then using the truggy top plate will work? And all the difference is just a matter of not getting the ride height to work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.