Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAMIYA F103 RM

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Actually the director and racers made the decision last year to run TCS rules 100%. It makes it simple and easy to enforce. It also makes it easy for racers to pick the stuff they need. Just print a list of the F103 Tamiya parts from Tamiya USA and there you go.
Originally Posted by liljohn1064
That's a bummer your director is being such stiff neck about it. We just run silver cans and any open wheel chassis from any mfg. Sounds like your director is not interested in keeping the class going. We regularly run with TCS and non TCS F103s, Corallys, Futaba Delphias, HPIs, Duratraxs just to make the class. Sorry if we keep trying to point out the obvious, the intention is not to offend. My sincere apology if anything I stated was taken as offensive.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Actually the director and racers made the decision last year to run TCS rules 100%. It makes it simple and easy to enforce. It also makes it easy for racers to pick the stuff they need. Just print a list of the F103 Tamiya parts from Tamiya USA and there you go.
Again, if its strictly TCS, that's fine for a TCS event, but why kill the class locally? We race with 100% cars at our track. These drivers are practicing and will race the TCS at Trackside. I too have a 100% car, but the tires are shot. The bodies and wings until recently were hard to come by and honestly still are. Why destroy a body and wing set until you actually need it for a sanctioned race. We also allow other chassis with the same motor limitations just to keep the class growing as kits are still on back order. Our shop has been waiting for 4 more for 5 weeks now. I hope the decision works for you, but here it would not and the class would be dead in a month or two. Tamiya tires, bodies, wings and other spares are so hard to come by we have to order off shore to get them. If you break and don't have a spare, you're down for 2 weeks. Again, good luck. And if you have a parts source, let everyone know about it, please.

I really do like this class and the competition. I wish Tamiya would respond and help the class grow here in the US.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

I am not the race director for this track, but I have been at another track for a few years. And here locally ambiguism in a class gives too many choices and eventually kills a class. Some will think racer X has chassis Y and feels they need to reinvest to get this chassis and so on. Right now especially to have a spec class to keep costs down just makes the most sense. No one here already had a chassis so this makes it easy.

As far as parts go I have had 0 issues. I get the majority of my stuff from RC Champ.
Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Again, if its strictly TCS, that's fine for a TCS event, but why kill the class locally? We race with 100% cars at our track. These drivers are practicing and will race the TCS at Trackside. I too have a 100% car, but the tires are shot. The bodies and wings until recently were hard to come by and honestly still are. Why destroy a body and wing set until you actually need it for a sanctioned race. We also allow other chassis with the same motor limitations just to keep the class growing as kits are still on back order. Our shop has been waiting for 4 more for 5 weeks now. I hope the decision works for you, but here it would not and the class would be dead in a month or two. Tamiya tires, bodies, wings and other spares are so hard to come by we have to order off shore to get them. If you break and don't have a spare, you're down for 2 weeks. Again, good luck. And if you have a parts source, let everyone know about it, please.

I really do like this class and the competition. I wish Tamiya would respond and help the class grow here in the US.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Plus most of the other cars (Delphi-HPI, etc) aren't made anymore which makes them even more difficult to deal with.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Core Creations
I am not the race director for this track, but I have been at another track for a few years. And here locally ambiguism in a class gives too many choices and eventually kills a class. Some will think racer X has chassis Y and feels they need to reinvest to get this chassis and so on. Right now especially to have a spec class to keep costs down just makes the most sense. No one here already had a chassis so this makes it easy.

As far as parts go I have had 0 issues. I get the majority of my stuff from RC Champ.
Good points. I can't argue with the logic. But again, most of the people I race with aren't going to be able to handle emailing what they want to someone in Japan. Getting the LHS to extend the parts supply on the shelf for a new class isn't going to happen either. I do agree with a separation of chassis types after everything stabilizes and the TCS class has enough entries to stand alone. More than a few people have upgraded their RMs to Rs via legal and non-TCS hop ups. I have one of each and about the only part you can't upgrade to R spec is the battery box by switching to standoffs and the connector bar (don't recall its name). I'll bet that will change shortly too. Again, this also creates an unfair advantage to those who built the kit and race. The race director will also have to learn how to tech the cars properly. How many cheater motors are still out there: the old 4 slots, the one's you could crank without breaking the armature and the generally doctored motors? To be honest, I'd like to see it a true handout motor race. You get one for the race and turn it in when the racing day is done. Again, I don't disagree, I'm just trying to make sure we keep the open wheels on the road.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

i dont wish to change the whole idea of spec racing i agree with the whole aspect, i jus wish i could run a non tamiya body and wing. i dont want any non tamiya hop-ups or parts (except that red flashing backlight by squat.) thats my only complaint...
Old 01-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by t8rtot
i dont wish to change the whole idea of spec racing i agree with the whole aspect, i jus wish i could run a non tamiya body and wing. i dont want any non tamiya hop-ups or parts (except that red flashing backlight by squat.) thats my only complaint...
I hear you on the body thing. That sure makes it rough. Much Hobby had the M body in stock recently, but was out of rear wings. As far as non TCS and why my car isn't, I picked up a 3 Racing rear pod after driving the bearing retainer right through the left motor plate after being forced into a wall by another driver. I wish they made an aluminum left pod plate to match the one on the R motor side. I have a couple of those aluminum motor plates, but that wasn't the side that was destroyed. I picked up the only two spare pods D-Drive had in stock to I can put it back to TCS if needed. Again, good luck on running another body and wing set. Its more the motor and chassis that make the real difference.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

thank you,

we only race every other weekend becuz the same guys that run it also run the off-road track every weekend. but i wish they would jus allow the diff body. how good are the tamiya soft,med, hard sponge tires.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

what size of screws fits at the ball-type t-bar plate to fix tweak?
Old 01-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys,
I got my Tamiya F103 M-Type Body Set Part #: TAM84024. The body set includes: -decals -front wing -rear wing -driver's head at Speedtechrc only $29.99. more in stock.

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=373&id=8022

~Cal
Old 01-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (96%+)

I am trying to place and order for F103 parts but cant seem to find one site/shop that has everything I want.

What are some good ebay stores in Hong Kong that carry F103 parts?
Old 01-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

The tweak screws are 2mm, and if your really cool, find some of the long set screws, and no one will ever notice there there
I have ordered from stella models and dinball and had good service. If you have a feebay account I would bypass ebay and order from rc-champ, they have everything you could ever dream of

C
Old 01-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SerpentCT4S
I am trying to place and order for F103 parts but cant seem to find one site/shop that has everything I want.

What are some good ebay stores in Hong Kong that carry F103 parts?
What are you trying to buy? D-Drive in Japan has more stock than what is on the website as they has a brick and morter store also.

http://www.d-drivesportsenglish.com/

E-mail them if you dont see what you want on the site.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (96%+)

Originally Posted by gto0209
The tweak screws are 2mm, and if your really cool, find some of the long set screws, and no one will ever notice there there
I have ordered from stella models and dinball and had good service. If you have a feebay account I would bypass ebay and order from rc-champ, they have everything you could ever dream of

C
rc champ's site is very confusing. I dont see option parts there.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SerpentCT4S
rc champ's site is very confusing. I dont see option parts there.
You have to email them with the exact part numbers you are looking for and they will email you back with prices

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.