Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAMIYA F103 RM

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure that is supposed to be a modern F1 Ferarri. Somone on here could probably tell you the exact year and model.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Good. Because masking off the body of an F1 shell is a nightmare. I now have a new-found respect for anyone who even dose a decent job on these bodies.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just went to the Robinson Racing Products website. They actually do carry the pinion gear range I'd like to use with the correct metric pitch. Another reason to stop at the LHS.

John
Old 09-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

will the cross wing set work with the f103rm?
Old 09-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Addict

Yes the cross wing will mount up on a F103 chassis. Below is a pic of one installed on my car.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

thanks for the info.

btw - is it safe to assume thats the cross rear wing also?
Old 09-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Tech Addict

Yes, the rear wing will mount up also.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Foxxrocket
Thanks, Vyger. I'll have to go though a different channel to get those decals. Anyways, I was going to buy the cross Ferrari 640, but they'er sold out of them, so I got the F1-08 body shell. dose anyone know what car this shell is styeld after?

See attachment...

just a stretch but i think it may have been patterned after the 2007 or 2008 Ferrari F-1 car... but you can paint that up anyway you want bro...
Old 09-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Location: Smashing the wall at the end of the straight @ Ryper Raceway

Hi All,
The F1-08 is just a generic F-1 shape( all the current cars look the same anyway aside from their paint). The first one I did as the Hamilton's McLaren with The Stig driving, the one I'm doing currently is the Renault R27. Although I strongly dislike Alonso so I'll probably put Kovalienen in it.
The shell comes with a variety of different parts and is probably the most labour intesive body I've ever painted.

When I've finished the Renault I'll jam some pics up, I cocked up the McLaren big time
I'm running a Cross CF-01 2008 (standard front suspension) with a 19T mod and Zen 35 foams, Hammers on ashpalt.

Just ordered a CF-01 (pushrod front suspension) which should be here just in time for the first F103 race in Western Australia for ages, ordered a 13T motor too

Hopefully we can get a class here, I really prefer driving the F-1 compared to my touring car, The F1 lets you know when your driving sucks!

Cheers
Old 09-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

I'd love to see some pics of that chassis. Please post them when you have a minute.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

a pushrod front suspension setup on the F-103? now id like to see that setup bro. hope you can post pics of that chassis when you can.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, I too would like to see other people's painted F1-08s. Mine is on it's way via mail. I'll post it as soon as I get it painted.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys,
The CF-01 with the pushrod suspension is still in transit from HK, But as soon as I have it, I'll smash some pics up! It looks good from what I've seen so far, but I'm really hanging out to see if it actually turns in alright, As the Cross I'm running now has had huge amounts of understeer initially, took alot of testing to sort him (Gary) out, And the front end is nearly locked at the moment, But here's some pics of the CF-01 2008 I've been playing with.

With a Cross "W" type body, Painted as a Williams FW14B

And current shot, I've done the rear wing for the Renault R27

Front suspension close up, Uses BRP Springs which I bought from Michel at the-border.com (great guy, highly recommend using him)

The rear wing is nearly done, Just need to paint and attach the end plates!

I'm to embarassed with the McLaren to put pics up, I really screwed the pooch on that one, but I'll get some more practise painting and attempt it again later.
Something I found out the hard way with these wings is the paint doesn't stick so well, When you guys go to paint your wings try sanding them with some 320 grit first, and only sand lengthways across the wings surface. I've been using Tamiya TS paints for the wings with some fine surface primer and this now seems to work pretty well, I also use a black marker to tidy up the upper wing edge also. Seems to be a barstard to mask!

Cheers Guys
Aaron
Old 09-13-2008, 12:40 AM
Tech Addict

Hi rxsevengt,
Thank you

Tip. for more steering use the small suspenion clips wich came with the kit to change the angle of the hing ping the U types.
There is alo a new front end out now from CROSS wich fits also TAMIYA cars its complete adjustable
Attached Thumbnails TAMIYA F103 RM-cfp55h.jpg  
Old 09-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hehe, I've been eyeing that front end off for a little while now I originally bought that kit of ebay and it was supposed to be the newer car, I think I may have got a mixed kit because when I tried to change those U clips in the toe block, Both of mine were 2.5's.
I've been raising the rear ride height with the axle spacers, And that seems to have improved turn in really well, but I still seem to get better turn in and rear end grip with foams, I would've thought the rubber slicks would give me more grip
I'm thinking of converting the rear to a 4 link style setup becaue I think this will give it more "on-power" grip exiting the corners
As soon as my bank balance has recovered a bit I'll be ordering a truck load from you!

Cheers
Aaron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.