Search

Engine Wars Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: STS RS5 .12 Engine

Originally posted by Slammed
Hi,

Please leave me some of your experiences with the new STS RS5 .12 engine. This would be the 2003 version. I know there were some problems with the older versions. I want to know if it has improved.

Thanks in advance,
...Slammed
Hey Slammed,

I've never owned any STS, but can tell you it's a good one. I witnessed the engine accidentally submerged in the water pot-hole while reving. After disassembly and cleaned, the engine still performed well.

If you try one, let us know how it is.

best,

fish
Old 08-27-2003, 07:58 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Question,

I have an old second hand motor thats had a better life with a turbo button head It looks to have run pretty lean at some time what does the pitted button head mean? just run to lean? Seems to have some pretty good compression is it worth replaceing the button head or will the pitted head make no difference to the perfomrance.
Thanks
Old 08-27-2003, 11:34 PM
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Re: STS RS5 .12 Engine

Originally posted by eddiethefish
Hey Slammed,

I've never owned any STS, but can tell you it's a good one. I witnessed the engine accidentally submerged in the water pot-hole while reving. After disassembly and cleaned, the engine still performed well.

If you try one, let us know how it is.

best,

fish
Only "FISH" will not submerged in the water .....
Old 08-27-2003, 11:47 PM
Nitro Tech

Default Re: STS RS5 .12 Engine

Hi,

Please leave me some of your experiences with the new STS RS5 .12 engine. This would be the 2003 version. I know there were some problems with the older versions. I want to know if it has improved.

Thanks in advance,
...Slammed
Hi Slammed,

For joining the Engine War....
There is an New Outlaw .12 will.....

Last edited by dino.tw; 08-30-2003 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by TBR
Question,

I have an old second hand motor thats had a better life with a turbo button head It looks to have run pretty lean at some time what does the pitted button head mean? just run to lean? Seems to have some pretty good compression is it worth replaceing the button head or will the pitted head make no difference to the perfomrance.
Thanks
As it was stated before, the sandblasting looks came from preignition. To correct this problem you need to install colder plug for beggining and check head clearance and if it is way off, correct to specs. It is better to change pitted head botton, everything what is not as designed is affecting engine performance (sometimes you can feel it, sometimes, not , but it does).
Old 08-28-2003, 11:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

sts 12 outlaw

Hi Dino.tw

where get i get one of this engine that accept MO.got no credit card need a back up engine

Thanks,
Old 08-28-2003, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: sts 12 outlaw

Originally posted by LakasTama
where get i get one of this engine that accept MO.got no credit card need a back up engine
Someone told me that Dino is finishing the tests of a new model of engine, that looks very promising (uhm... cannot tell more, someone can kill me ).

Dino: Sent the info to the border guys? want to put mine hands into those motors you told me... Ready to put 6 hours on it very soon...
Old 08-28-2003, 11:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by dino.tw
[B]Hi Slammed,

There is an New Outlaw .12 will come later.
hush...Don't let others know that dino tell you.....
Hi Dino,

Please keep me posted on these engines. I want to be the first in Kauai to smoke those racers with the more expensive engines.?:

I read that current high reving engines will only work well new and depreciate its preformance as it gets older.
I have used two OS engines for the past 6 years now. The current one works better now then when I first bought it. Its not as fast as the high rpm egnines though. Is there any truth to this? Are there records of STS engines lasting over three gallons of use?

Will the new outlaw be comparable to the new NS5 from Novarossi?

Thanks in advance,
Slammed
Old 08-29-2003, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Slammed,

There is an New Outlaw .12 will come later.
hush...Don't let others know that dino tell you.....

Hey Dino,

are all your CURRENT engines long-rod engines like the Mugen MT12?

Thanks.
Old 08-29-2003, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There is a photo to explain the TURBO PLUG.It can fix the content of the combustion chamber no matter which brand's turbo plug using on your engine.The purpose is the same with TOP GUN's antique Rossi.
Here are other type of glow head and plugs.
Check it out.
Attached Thumbnails Engine Wars Thread-glowplug.1.jpeg  
Old 08-30-2003, 10:18 AM
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Re: Re: STS RS5 .12 Engine

Hi Dino,

Please keep me posted on these engines. I want to be the first in Kauai to smoke those racers with the more expensive engines.?:

I read that current high reving engines will only work well new and depreciate its preformance as it gets older.
I have used two OS engines for the past 6 years now. The current one works better now then when I first bought it. Its not as fast as the high rpm egnines though. Is there any truth to this? Are there records of STS engines lasting over three gallons of use?

Will the new outlaw be comparable to the new NS5 from Novarossi?

Thanks in advance,
Slammed
6 Years !!
Are you living in Ireland,too?
(Forget it!It's just a joke!I thought you don't know its meaning... )

My friend's car is 10 years old and he drives it to work everyday.But his car's milage is only 9,000KM.I don't believe it at the start.When I saw the place my friend lives, I know his car may last for another 20 years!Even more....See the attachment!
Attached Thumbnails Engine Wars Thread-pic19272.jpg  

Last edited by dino.tw; 08-30-2003 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-30-2003, 10:32 AM
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Re: Re: STS RS5 .12 Engine

Hi Dino,

Are there records of STS engines lasting over three gallons of use?Will the new outlaw be comparable to the new NS5 from Novarossi?

Thanks in advance,
Slammed
Yes,all of my engines at least 4 gallons of use(race and practice every week).If you have fully break-in process and never make it over-heat.And replace the parts like con-rod and bearing regularity.3 gallons is piece of cake.One of my friend's engine even last 8 gallons of fuel until the engine lost it compression.

Regarding your question on comparing with NS12 engine,we tested our engine and run with NS and even MAXpower, and we found that our New engine is very competitive among them. we will not launch a product if it is not competitive.That's why you still have to wait for a moment.

If you want to talk about STS engine with me,please go to TeamCRC forum.In here,I'm just a player.

Last edited by dino.tw; 08-30-2003 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-30-2003, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Dino. how about my question about your current engines all being long rod?
Old 08-30-2003, 11:21 AM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by stefan
Dino. how about my question about your current engines all being long rod?
Hi Stefan,

Sorry,I'm not sure that how long is called long-rod.I just measured the total long which is 32.85mm.Is it long-rod?
Old 08-30-2003, 01:15 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Dino

it is good to see that you are promoting yan bang engines to a greater market

last time in tawian, I went to Fei Hu for a race and Zhao Jr did very well with his STS
keep up the good work!

also my greetiongs to hobbyplayer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.