Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Engine Wars Thread >

Engine Wars Thread

Engine Wars Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
This method looks absolutly correct.
They had a weird light emitting device for exhaust port height at the ROAR Fuel Sedan Nats that seemed like it was difficult to operate properly... especially when just about every motor failed the first day of inspection. They got it down by the end of the weekend but it was pretty ugly/scary.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

When they measure the exhaust port height do they measure it from the top of the port from the inside/chrome side of the port or the part you can see looking in from the outside of the case?
Old 10-03-2003, 01:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Default .12 Engine Bearings

Does anyone know where I can find ceramic engine bearings for the newer V12 and NS12 engines? The 7 x 17 x 5 front engine ceramic bearing can be found at Boca Bearings (so as with the older RS12 and X12 based ceramic engine bearings) but what about the 11.5 x 21 x 5 internal main bearing? Any other sources? I know it's not legal for some races.

I know that ceramic bearings allow for higher revs but for the price, are they really worth it and do they really work? How much more rev can you get out of a stock engine with these ceramic bearings?
Old 10-03-2003, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by rwjso
When they measure the exhaust port height do they measure it from the top of the port from the inside/chrome side of the port or the part you can see looking in from the outside of the case?
i am sure from inside, otherwise doesn't make sence.
Old 10-04-2003, 06:04 AM
Nitro Tech

Default Qualifying Results

Qualifying at the 2003 AARCMCC Australian Nationals titles has now finshed after five rounds.See the report of Alastair Walker @ TSN.I want to know that who is Uncle Top Gun's Team Driver?
Old 10-04-2003, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Qualifying Results

Originally posted by dino.tw
Qualifying at the 2003 AARCMCC Australian Nationals titles has now finshed after five rounds.See the report of Alastair Walker @ TSN.I want to know that who is Uncle Top Gun's Team Driver?
Is thereTop Gun team?
Sorry, I personally not aware about team,but will try to find out with team manager.
Tommy Lee was running Sirio which I did for him.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Have serpent and trinity teamed up,cause i think the snakes are using trinity's dynos !!!

http://www.mytsn.com/products/specs.asp?prid=3189
Old 10-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
Have serpent and trinity teamed up,cause i think the snakes are using trinity's dynos !!!

Old 10-04-2003, 11:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by EVOLUTION

trinity dyno certified?

Dino.TW i think you should BEG Trinity to let you use their dyno !
Old 10-04-2003, 11:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Manticore

Dino.TW i think you should BEG Trinity to let you use their dyno !
Old 10-05-2003, 07:18 AM
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Re: Qualifying Results

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Is thereTop Gun team?
Sorry, I personally not aware about team,but will try to find out with team manager.
Tommy Lee was running Sirio which I did for him.
Oh...It seems Tommy had no luck.Maybe you give him too many power,and let the wheels can't stick on the ground.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:22 AM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by Manticore

Dino.TW i think you should ......!
I got it!
Never let your horses eat too much.Then it will be looked like the left one.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:30 AM
Nitro Tech

Default HP?

I have a question!Why it is always horse power?Why not "Dog Power"?As I knew that Eskimo use Dogs to drag!
Old 10-05-2003, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: .12 Engine Bearings

Originally posted by InitialD
Does anyone know where I can find ceramic engine bearings for the newer V12 and NS12 engines? The 7 x 17 x 5 front engine ceramic bearing can be found at Boca Bearings (so as with the older RS12 and X12 based ceramic engine bearings) but what about the 11.5 x 21 x 5 internal main bearing? Any other sources? I know it's not legal for some races.

I know that ceramic bearings allow for higher revs but for the price, are they really worth it and do they really work? How much more rev can you get out of a stock engine with these ceramic bearings?
For the 11.5mm ID bearing is a little hard getting them unless you decide for one of those two choices:

1. Order from Boca bearings a minimum order of 1000 units.
2. Disassemble one brand new bearing from Nova and change yourself the balls for some ceramic ones from a reputable vendor.

Sorry, planning to do on some, but actually don't know the measures of the balls (need to disassemble a bearing to know).

Did some times (changing the balls of the bearing) and found some more revs and found another fine advantage and more resistance to vaporlock the engines. If you go by the second option, you can get sometimes a 'gritty' feeling of the bearing, but is perfectly normal on ambient temperatures, when the engine is on operating temperature, everything goes fine and sweet. Don't get scared by this.

Of course, the second option is a little cheaper but harder to do (need to know how to disassemble the bearing and take care of not damaging the plastic carrier when assembling another time. For RS12/X12 and other 11mm cranks the balls are of 1/8" and you need 8 of them.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Sheesh . . . change the balls!
. . . and we thought I was cheap.

Actually, can you even get them apart?
And what do you do about the wear that still exists on the inner race, the outer race and the cage?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.