Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 10:26 PM
sup
Tech Addict

thanks chris!
Old 05-04-2004, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No problem. AE also has a package that only includes the springs and screws.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So the clutch springs should help with the transmision engagement? I may have to give that a shot. I have a few 2mm screws, so I'm not worried about those.

As for that pullstart issue, it really depends on what engine you have and what broke. It may be easier to get another ps unit...
Old 05-04-2004, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default I am such an idiot...

Oh yeah, I forgot. I made an interesting discovery at our rained out race Sunday. I had been starting my engine BACKWARDS all this time. I'm using the Associated box set up for the NTC3. I had the motor in the was it was set from the factory, and the leads were hooked up like they should have been, so I never thought about it. I just knew the motor started when it wanted and didn't do anyting but piss me off the next time. So I was reading something in one of the magazines about how the motor should spin:counterclockwise. That would mean the starter motor needs to spin clockwise. I took a look at the motor and sure enough, it spun counterclockwise. I thought I saw the motor jump backwards a few times trying to start it. Once I switched the battery leads, it started the first time every time. I sure hope I didn't do some serious damage to that OS. It's got work to do...
Old 05-04-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by spenzalii
So the clutch springs should help with the transmision engagement? I may have to give that a shot. I have a few 2mm screws, so I'm not worried about those.

As for that pullstart issue, it really depends on what engine you have and what broke. It may be easier to get another ps unit...
The AE springs make the 2-speed more consistent.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

Good news, my LD3 is finnally starting to take shape.

A friend I had consulted my push problem to on many occasions finnally told me to try some 37shore Enneti's up front he gave me to test.

The car was holding the line like never before A main qualify and 7 place finish. Qualified 4th(oops, not 3rd) but got nocked out for a while due to rear hub popping out in the famous(over here anyway) 1st turn collision. A main was only 10 min so time was of the essence in this race. Worked my way back up to 7th place and the 1st and 2nd place drivers couldn't get close to me to pass . Very happy with the way this car is shapping up. This car is vertually an RTR w/ change in springs and shock oils along with an STS 12rs engine.

I have a alomost Champ edition at home waiting for build up, just need the rear sway bar, upper rear arms, and 6 gear diffs.....Can't wait to get that monster together. Going to put a new STS D3 in that one and ohh yeah, get the 0.8 gears too.(the one I race now still has the stock pinions and gears, no power clutch either) Mugens and Serpents are getting a run for their money

Thanks for all the help from you guys here too
Havy
Old 05-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by havy
Good news, my LD3 is finnally starting to take shape.

A friend I had consulted my push problem to on many occasions finnally told me to try some 37shore Enneti's up front he gave me to test.

The car was holding the line like never before A main qualify and 7 place finish. Qualified 4th(oops, not 3rd) but got nocked out for a while due to rear hub popping out in the famous(over here anyway) 1st turn collision. A main was only 10 min so time was of the essence in this race. Worked my way back up to 7th place and the 1st and 2nd place drivers couldn't get close to me to pass . Very happy with the way this car is shapping up. This car is vertually an RTR w/ change in springs and shock oils along with an STS 12rs engine.

I have a alomost Champ edition at home waiting for build up, just need the rear sway bar, upper rear arms, and 6 gear diffs.....Can't wait to get that monster together. Going to put a new STS D3 in that one and ohh yeah, get the 0.8 gears too.(the one I race now still has the stock pinions and gears, no power clutch either) Mugens and Serpents are getting a run for their money

Thanks for all the help from you guys here too
Havy
During certain track conditions, we actually run 37's in the front with 40's in the rear to help with the push problem.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by C Verano
During certain track conditions, we actually run 37's in the front with 40's in the rear to help with the push problem.
Yep, that's the combo I used

havy
Old 05-04-2004, 11:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey thanks guys for the reply's the LD3 is a real cool car easy to work on if you smack 'em up like i do. I got my ps fixed I found an old well not old but last month issue of RC car mag. and they had an article on the same issue so I applied the concept and got it going. The only problem is the cord keeps getting stuck when it's on.To solve this i stick a allen key in the hole to push the reel then the spring pulls it back. I'll deal with this for now till i upgrade from the stock mill.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Guys is the push problem on power or off?
Old 05-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sup
thanks chris!
Chris is the man. Plus he practically sits next to Steve Nguyen over at Ofna all day long!
Old 05-04-2004, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by kevink2
Chris is the man. Plus he practically sits next to Steve Nguyen over at Ofna all day long!
I' don't know about being the man, but I do sit next to Steve.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by C Verano
I' don't know about being the man, but I do sit next to Steve.
I'm trying to figure out if that's a blessing or a curse! Just kidding Steve!!

Your box if full Chris... Hmmmm.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Should be ok now...I only had 4 messages in there.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by IDrinkNitro
Guys is the push problem on power or off?
Power on, the softer shore really helped me out on this, the car really holds the line alot better that w/ the 40 shore I usually use.

havy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.