Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tire help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 05:02 AM

Default Tire help!

In an effort to save a few bucks I am going to give panther tires a try, and I was just wondering what tread types are most similar to pro-line crimefighters, bowties, and knuckles 2.0... Basically I am buying like 4 sets of new tires and want a set of tires for each track condition like hardpacked, loamy, wet, etc. There are like four tracks in my area and one is hardpacked lightly watered clay, another is loamy dirt that ruts up throughout the day, the other is clay but not water or groomed lol, and the last one is loamy but not a lot of dust on top with a relatively hard packed bottom. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Old 06-19-2008, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Panther K2's = Crimefighters

Panther switch 2.0 = Holeshots....but to me Switch are a little better.

Panther Gators seem to be an all around tire...I've only used them once so I'm not gonna comment.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Check out the Kimodo dragon. I would compare that to the Bowtie and the Crimefighter.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:23 AM

Yea, that helps quite a bit, thanks. Man when it comes to buying new tires, I keep looking at those sportwerks tires and at $30 for four and already mounted I am thinking about giving them a try... I mean its like $90 vs $130 Has anyone ever raced or had any experiance with the sportwerks tires?
Old 06-19-2008, 08:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ive tried the boa but I don't know what pattern they are they great on a loamy track. I used them on my truggy with pro-line lrp rims.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

The Gator is a great tire... crimefigher clones.. better compound IMO
Old 06-19-2008, 10:06 AM

Yea it looks good, I dont know I just have kind of a brand loyalty with pro-line and I am scared to try another companies tires number one because I dont know what tires to use outside of pro-line works and number two i have never had any problems with pro-line tires... but I really wanna save some dough, what compound is most like pro-line M3 so I can get a basis of the other compounds? So far I know Gator and Komodo Dragon 2 are similar to Crimefighter, and Switch 2.0 are like Holeshots. I mostly just run clay that blue grooves towards the end of the day, and loamy dirt that ruts up and hard packs towards the end of the day. I am going to get four sets of tires so I want to have four different compound tires. A set for the begining on the clay and a set when it starts to bluegroove, and a set for the begining of the loamy and a set when it starts to pack up and rut up... which is quite fun by the way
Old 06-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Switch 2.0s are better than Holeshots. I always use the clay compound. The switches are better on hard packed stuff with little to no dust. The holeshots are better when there is a layer of dust on top of the hardpacked dirt. Also, I think holeshots wear out faster.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Nik
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

panther switches were copies of Team Losi taper pins form a long time ago.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

You should definitely give Werks tires a look. Our Stubs look just like a holeshot but last about 10 times longer. For instance I ran all last weekend, 3 quals, and a 30 minute main on one set of Stubs in the R200 compound (the softest compound) and the tires still have about 75-80% tread. Also by no means am I easy on tires. I can burn up a set of holeshots in 5 minutes!
Old 06-19-2008, 11:04 AM

Yea I dont use Holeshots cause of that reason... they wear extremely fast. But are you sponsored or do you work for Werks cause I know a lot of sponsered guys just say things to get more points for the home team haha the werks tires do look good though especially the stubs...
Old 06-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

the switch is not like the holeshot but the brand new raptor is.
the gator is like the crime
and the k2 is a great tire in loose, or rough blown out tracks. like the bow/crime combo gators on the front with k2 on the back is killer on hardpack with some dust or hardpack thats blowing out on the corner exits.
the m3 seems a little softer than the soft panther compound. panther makes a very good tire that is used all over the midwest.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

Default Sportwerks tires

Originally Posted by lanerbrainer205
Yea, that helps quite a bit, thanks. Man when it comes to buying new tires, I keep looking at those sportwerks tires and at $30 for four and already mounted I am thinking about giving them a try... I mean its like $90 vs $130 Has anyone ever raced or had any experiance with the sportwerks tires?
I have used the Sportwerks Qualifiers with great success on our local track. The track is dry, hard-packed and tends to form some blue-groove. It's hell on tires, but these seem to wear pretty good. I get 2-3 full days of racing (practice, qualifiers and mains) out of them before retiring them. I haven't used the Podiums yet, but they appear to be a clone of the Proline Crime Fighters or Panther Kamodo Dragon II's.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Yes I am sponsored by them and yes I am bias. However, I WILL NOT back a product that I believe is junk. I promise you that you will be happy with these tires. I convinced a fellow racer out of Georgia to give them a try. Then a few weeks ago at a race he showed up with a set and was extremely happy with his purchase. He told me that he will never run another holeshot as long as he can get his hands on these tires.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:04 PM

Well, then I guess I will give them a try!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.