Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen Seiki

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 05:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Chorner… Thanks for the response. I am not sure why your email or mails where not responded to. Yes we should always get back to any emails that are sent our why. I will say that our web sites are both lacking in overall information. We are not web site designers here and I will never say that we are web people at all, we do answer all calls tho. As for HPI, AE, Traxxas, Serpent, yes they have great sites and chat forums and areas for emails ???’s but our is not like that. What I am talking about other companies is that when people try to make a phone call that you have to go through endless phone systems. We will always answer if the 3 of use are not on the phone line.
We don’t look to have anybody to defend us for anything that we do. We are adults and sometimes when we make a decision, so people like it and other don’t.

I don’t have any problem with any of your post because you have all legitimate questions and interests. If you are not happy with Mugen Seiki Racing or myself that is as long as we can discuss the problems in a civilized manner.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:00 PM
Tech Rookie

This is the perfect example of how Danny Elliot deals with his problems. Danny Elliot goes straight to the chat lines and bashes the company he has a problem with, without returning any emails or phones calls that I have sent to him. I guess I guess Danny Elliot would rather continue to have his problem and talk about it rather than try to get it fixed. Its funny that Danny Elliot says that I need to “make-good” with him but the problem I have is that Danny Elliot wont tell me what he wants??? I guess I can’t read Danny Elliot’s mind because I don’t have an IQ of 155 or have a Masters Degree or that I am not 38 and retired. I don not use the company’s name that I work for to hind behind like Danny Elliot is trying to say. Like Danny Elliot has said, if anybody has a problem or wants to contact me, Danny Elliot can give you my number or email. Also if you would like to contact Danny Elliot for any reason you can call me and I will give you him information. One last item Danny Elliot, if future references, please spell my name right: Kris Moore!! With a “K”
Old 08-12-2003, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

To the Mugen guys,

Dont worry about these two. They are two "unhappy" customers out of many thousands that feel that they need to vent their spleen on a public forum.

I have been active on these forums for a while now and I can tell you I have seen many times people complaining about poor quality this and that when 90% of the problems is due to user error.

The guy is complaining about a crank without a "turbo scallop" not being a turbo model motor showing his ignorance of Novarossi based motors completely.

Over the last two years I have owned a variety of NR motors (around 10) some standard and some turbo models and almost each one has had a different crank. Some are scalloped turbos others not, some have had larger or smaller intake ports. Should I return all of them since they have different crank sizes? For example the March 2003 manufactured S5s have a HUGE intake port, much bigger than any NR I have seen so far.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Oh yeah and if you want to see HORRIBLE customer service then try owning any car in Australia. Terrible support from the "importers". Also have you looked at the Kyosho USA or Kyosho Japan website? Another shockingly out of date website.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Kris,

Well no, I don't really have a problem with Mugen or yourself. I hope its not taken that way, because honestly I love the Mugen products I have purchased.

I will be honest though, and admit that I was a little frustrated with the lack of support; but I had gone ahead and solved the issue myself anyways, so I guess its really not that great a concern anyway and it was a few months ago, so I have no need to try and ressurect the problem; its over with.

Another aspect, -that you briefly hinted on- about Mugen not having a website, I think its a shame. It would be great if Mugen had atleast a more 'modern' site, with a FAQ of some sort. I'm a web developer myself (www.efluxdesign.com) and I am actually quite surprised with the general lack of quality when it comes to RC websites. Traxxas and HPI both have good, informative sites. Serpents is even a notch above those. You guys should look into it for the future; then again I wouldn't blame you if you didn't ... you might have a million more whiney complaining people sending you emails haha

So regardless, I don't have a problem all In all, just more of a suggestion or hint on where you could improve ... I am however eagerly awaiting my MBX5 that should be here ( being sent via mail ) this week ... what a sweet looking kit!

Cody
Old 08-12-2003, 05:19 PM
Tech Adept

AMGRacer,

What was that lame excuse for an addition to the thread? You're just admitting that you think it is ok to have such a great deal of inconsistency with the products you buy.

Perhaps you are used to it, and it doesn't bother you when products (worth the same amount) aren't equal?

If you went out and bought 2 new Corvettes, and one had a mishape shifter, or a smaller exhaustport and produced 20hp less than what your 2nd Corvette produced -both NEW and the EXACT same model #- are you telling me you think thats ok?

That is rediculous.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by chorner
AMGRacer,

What was that lame excuse for an addition to the thread? You're just admitting that you think it is ok to have such a great deal of inconsistency with the products you buy.

Perhaps you are used to it, and it doesn't bother you when products (worth the same amount) aren't equal?

If you went out and bought 2 new Corvettes, and one had a mishape shifter, or a smaller exhaustport and produced 20hp less than what your 2nd Corvette produced -both NEW and the EXACT same model #- are you telling me you think thats ok?

That is rediculous.
Lame excuse? "rediculous" spelt wrong by the way.

Hardly. When you have bought as many Novarossis as I have look at them and the variances in the manufacturing on the cranks. They are always experimenting with different crank types and shapes.

If you think that you know better than Novarossi more power to ya.

I just race my cars and motors hard and dont obsess about "missing" parts on my motors.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Tech Adept

Dude, I never claimed to know more than the guys at Novarossi when it comes to 2 stroke hobby engines, otherwise I'd probably be running my own shop right now, or selling modded engines.

I just don't think its right to be 'experimenting" with retail products at some users expense. Especially not if one design is better than the other; and you're supposedly paying for the same thing. Its not the Lotto 649 here man where if they pull your numbers you win.

p.s- sorry that should have been 'ridiculous'
Old 08-12-2003, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Dude, I never claimed to know more than the guys at Novarossi when it comes to 2 stroke hobby engines, otherwise I'd probably be running my own shop right now, or selling modded engines.

I just don't think its right to be 'experimenting" with retail products at some users expense. Especially not if one design is better than the other; and you're supposedly paying for the same thing. Its not the Lotto 649 here man where if they pull your numbers you win.

p.s- sorry that should have been 'ridiculous'
Well you are right that it should not be, but it is. Also when you play with a heap of nitro motors you will notice large differences the the carbs themselves. A few microns of extra material in the needle seats can make a difference of 1/8th or more turns on the top end or bottom end needles. Not all carbs are equal.

Case in point I bought a standard plug MT12 motor. It had a scalloped crank with quite a small intake port. And this thing FLEW! I was just lucky and got a great carb, tuned easy and makes TONS of power. This carb now comes with me to new engines because I know it is a "good one".
Old 08-12-2003, 05:58 PM
Tech Champion

I just don't think its right to be 'experimenting" with retail products at some users expense.
I suggest you to stop using your money to buy any more consumer products. that's the way now a day manufactorer doing for 2 folds, 1/. improvement. 2/. cost
Old 08-12-2003, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Well I supppose no two engines are exactly the same; but I am sure you get the point I was trying to get across. There are however differences in manufacturing (like you mention with the one 'magic carb' it seems) but not usually with intent. No 2 carbs will be EXACTLY identical with todays processes, but atleast don't purposely change the design from batch to batch "experimenting". That should have been done during the R&D process

Manticore, whatever you just said dude .. I have NO idea
Old 08-12-2003, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

Well I supppose no two engines are exactly the same; but I am sure you get the point I was trying to get across. There are however differences in manufacturing (like you mention with the one 'magic carb' it seems) but not usually with intent. No 2 carbs will be EXACTLY identical with todays processes, but atleast don't purposely change the design from batch to batch "experimenting". That should have been done during the R&D process

Manticore, whatever you just said dude .. I have NO idea
i am sure you have no idea about it dude !
Old 08-12-2003, 06:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Robbie thanks for that clutch shoe at the Nationals, Ive never come across a shoe that wouldnt fit in the pressure plate.

Robbie and the whole Mugen gang at Revelation are always nothing but helpful when you approach them with questions, or problems.

The racers out at the track respect and enjoy the support of Team Mugen. Thanks for the support.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Manticore
i am sure you have no idea about it dude !
whos idea???

Old 08-12-2003, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by DanielSon
Hey Robbie thanks for that clutch shoe at the Nationals, Ive never come across a shoe that wouldnt fit in the pressure plate.

Robbie and the whole Mugen gang at Revelation are always nothing but helpful when you approach them with questions, or problems.

The racers out at the track respect and enjoy the support of Team Mugen. Thanks for the support.
Did you pay for it, DanielSon? Or, asked for it, Gratis?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.