Search

Mamba Max with Sensored Motors

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 07:20 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scott54
Maybe the other post was a joke and you just confirmed it! YOU'RE THE LEAK!
Could be. Will just have to wait and see.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

"One question though...how come you're adding a sensor port? I'm just curious, as you've been saying that sensors are near enough useless next to good sensorless software. Unless that's going to be geared towards crawler use?"

CC boss answer

Two reasons -- First is for crawlers, for low Kv sensor motors to allow good holding torque on really steep rock faces
The second reason is for marketing reasons.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Tech Adept

I HAVE THE NEW ORION VORTEX RACE MOTOR 5.5 AND IT DOES NOT WORK WELL AT ALL WITH MY MAMBA MAX ESC. WHAT AM I TO DO? WILL ORION TAKE IT BACK? IT IS BRAND NEW. I SHOULD HAVE READ THIS THREAD BEFORE I STUPIDLY TRIED TO MIX A SENSORLESS ESC WITH A SENSORED MOTOR. PLEASE DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID. I AM PRETTY MAD RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I CANT EVEN RUN MY BUGGY UNTIL I GET THIS PROBLEM RESOLVED.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:15 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedKills25
I HAVE THE NEW ORION VORTEX RACE MOTOR 5.5 AND IT DOES NOT WORK WELL AT ALL WITH MY MAMBA MAX ESC. WHAT AM I TO DO? WILL ORION TAKE IT BACK? IT IS BRAND NEW. I SHOULD HAVE READ THIS THREAD BEFORE I STUPIDLY TRIED TO MIX A SENSORLESS ESC WITH A SENSORED MOTOR. PLEASE DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID. I AM PRETTY MAD RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I CANT EVEN RUN MY BUGGY UNTIL I GET THIS PROBLEM RESOLVED.
Normally the lower winds like you have do work pretty good ecept at take off. If you mess with the Castle Link settings more you might be able to get it to run ok for now. If not try to sell it on Tech or maybe trade it for another Castle motor or Tekin sensorless motor.