Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Should I buy the King Headz Rear chassis Brace for my ST-RR? >

Should I buy the King Headz Rear chassis Brace for my ST-RR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I buy the King Headz Rear chassis Brace for my ST-RR?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Should I buy the King Headz Rear chassis Brace for my ST-RR?

Just wondering as last weekend I had the stock rear chassis brace pop off the ball stud. Now the plastic piece wants to push right over the ball stud. So is this a common thing? Or I should just replace the plastic piece? Would this effect the handling of the truck? I really am happy with the way it drives at the moment and don't want to change it.

Another question. I bought the Fioroni front knuckles out of necessity as that was all the LHS had. I just did a complete tear down of my truck and there it noticeable wear on my lower A-Arms from where the linkage meets the knuckles. If I bought the Kyosho upgraded ones would they do the same thing? I hate to buy another $60+ set of knuckles, but I don't like the gouges that these are making in the arms.

Thanks
Old 06-12-2008, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I had the rear brace pop-off the ball. I thought about changing out to the King Headz too. But I like the way the truggy handles. I'm sure going to something like that would change the flex of the chassis. Personally I'd just change out the plastic end on the brace...

I run the KH knuckles and have no issues. Although I don't quite understand what you are talking about. Is it something that EPA might help?
Old 06-12-2008, 05:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

sounds like you need to put spacers in.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sp2thielen
sounds like you need to put spacers in.
Put the spacers where? I'm not seeing how spacers will help here. Thanks
Old 06-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiSuperTruck
Just wondering as last weekend I had the stock rear chassis brace pop off the ball stud. Now the plastic piece wants to push right over the ball stud. So is this a common thing? Or I should just replace the plastic piece? Would this effect the handling of the truck? I really am happy with the way it drives at the moment and don't want to change it.

Another question. I bought the Fioroni front knuckles out of necessity as that was all the LHS had. I just did a complete tear down of my truck and there it noticeable wear on my lower A-Arms from where the linkage meets the knuckles. If I bought the Kyosho upgraded ones would they do the same thing? I hate to buy another $60+ set of knuckles, but I don't like the gouges that these are making in the arms.

Thanks

Hi, first thing you might want to do is buy the Kyosho aluminum knuckles. I'm running them on my truck, and have had no problems.

I would put a new end on the chassis brace. I would not buy the King Headz one, due to the fact the the truck is awesome with the stock ones.

Look at the EPA adjustment on your radio. I have mine set so when you turn the wheel, it is on the verge of flapping. Theres other ways of checking it to. Having EPA to high can cause that problem to.

Brad