Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Does anyone use the traxxas 4-tec >

Does anyone use the traxxas 4-tec

Does anyone use the traxxas 4-tec

Old 06-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Does anyone use the traxxas 4-tec

Hey does anybody use the traxas 4-tec to race. If so what do you think about the car. Or what is the reason why you don't use the traxxas.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I don't use the 4-tec, but instead, I use the Team Associated TC5. One thing for sure is when I went to my local track NOT ONE PERSON had a 4-Tec. Traxxas has a bit more fimiliarity with off-road, not touring. I just don't think you get enough bang for your buck. Good for beginners though.

Team Associated, Team Losi, Corally, X-Ray, Tamiya, and Hot Bodies are the most popular touring car manufacturers. And there's a good reason for that. Most have high competition level factory team kits with all the extra goodies to give you that edge on the competition. Things like carbon fiber, titanium nitride shock shafts, etc. are included on most of these kits. But the 4-Tec just doesn't have that top notch touring ability in its archives.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:03 AM
Tech Regular

Yer 4-tec was my first car! Great first car for me cause it takes a beating and it was cheap
but for racing it wasnt to good because its all plastic, the chunkiness of it, weight and limitation you cant use many lipos in it. So if you wanna actually race get a proper car cause you pay what you get!
I think its better to get a car that most of the other people race at ure club reason being if something goes wrong with your car theres bound to be another person there with a part you need or tell you how to fix it.
Catchya, Dean
Old 11-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have two of them, one for touring (it does ok...not great) and one for VTA which it does better for that. They have all the aluminum parts and do not give any problems. If there is one complaint it's the front bumper. It doesn't last long enough to go "bump" before you have to replace it. Make anything else you can find that will work on it and be happy. The car will always be there. Not a regular A main car...but sometimes, it just might.