Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best tires for 1/8 buggy????

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm new to buggys and was wondering why everything about tires seems backwards to me. Dry and dusty-- small pins like holeshots or inside jobs?? When I ran monster truck I uesd Bowties and always had good luck with them on any condition. I can only assume its a power difference. Can anyone explain why small pins vs larger?? Thanks. I love knowing what tires on what track but alos why.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Anything about the Hobao's TRI and REC tires??
Old 06-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What about Wheels whats regarded as the best wheels out there at the moment for 1/8 buggy?
Old 06-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jcad33
I'm new to buggys and was wondering why everything about tires seems backwards to me. Dry and dusty-- small pins like holeshots or inside jobs?? When I ran monster truck I uesd Bowties and always had good luck with them on any condition. I can only assume its a power difference. Can anyone explain why small pins vs larger?? Thanks. I love knowing what tires on what track but alos why.
Bigger pins with big gaps is normally good for soft terrian most likely sand type. but small pins and narrow gaps most likely great on clay terrians that doesnt have soft dust spots. if you use big treads on hard dirt, it flexs the treads alot more which gives it less bite. same with road racing cars using slick n soft on smooth paved road, use treaded tires on rough terrian. bigger tread in soft dirt allows the pins bite in the dirt better, smaller tread flexs less and gives good bite on hard packed surface. i know its confusing but once you try them out you will start to understand better.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks for the info!! It looks like I have some expermenting to do.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

the best way to figure out tires is to look at what the fast guys are running.. i see you are form IL. what tracks do you race at?