Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can't wait till someone tries to top all events and do a 2 week event...lol
Old 05-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Limit drivers to 1 or 2 classes. Instead we get some running 4 or more. I saw a factory driver run 4 triple A's. He had chargers going everywhere!!
Old 05-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Id like more events to be friday practice, saturday qulfying and on sunday one qualifier and the mains. I dont know how well this would work for evetns with lots of entries though.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:31 AM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
ROAR Nationals are three day events. Add 1 day for controlled practice.

The Cactus Classic is a three day event. This year we had 373 entrys and we had 80 races Friday and Saturday and 54 on Sunday. Long days but it was done in three days.

Cactus is a true 3 day event but if you count practice like IIC and Snowbird that would make Cactus a 5 day event. Wed-Sun Actually I could be wrong but I think the fence came down on Tues. So it could be considered a 6 day event counting practice.

Keoni
Old 05-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I remember way back when I used to attend the occasional national race (offroad mind you) we had Mon-Wed open pract., Thurs control pract., Fri and Sat quals, Sun Mains. We used to arrive monday and leave the following monday but there were pleanty of guys that just did thurs-sun.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
I remember way back when I used to attend the occasional national race (offroad mind you) we had Mon-Wed open pract., Thurs control pract., Fri and Sat quals, Sun Mains. We used to arrive monday and leave the following monday but there were pleanty of guys that just did thurs-sun.

This was the norm for a long time. The biggest in the late '80s and early '90s was the Winter Champs in Florida where some guys would even show up on Friday the weekend before the event.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't really care if the track is opened up early for practice. I just count from the first day of qual to the final day. Three day events are the max for me at least.....
Old 05-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well it could always be like the way they run the races in Europe....Friday-Saturday-Sunday...

Friday...only 2 rounds of practice..then quals.
Saturday..Quals
Sunday last round quals and Mains...

Heck they even do this at the Euros....

At the British Nats they are run as one dayers...Stock on Sat and Mod on Sun.

There are alot of different ways it can be done!

Just a few thoughts,

Barry
Old 05-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default teaser

a timely thread, this is.

details forthcoming ...

- dexter randolph -
Attached Thumbnails How many days should a big race be?-grand-slam-wheel-1024sponsors2b.png  
Old 05-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I never minded the format for Reedy with Thursday and Friday being controlled practice and qual on Saturday and last qual on Sunday and mains. Only 2 days off work. Just makes a long weekend. But travel for me was about an hour or so drive for that race. For guys who have to fly in or have longer drives, add a day for travel before and after. Now it's a 6 day event and 4 or them would be days off work. The IIC is a great race, but by Sunday, I'm just done. That's so long to be there and for very little track time. Even running 2 classes. I've never even really thought about Snowbirds. It doesn't even sound like fun being there that long and racing literally all day and night.

If you could fit a world class race like Reedy into Friday controlled practice, Saturday 3 rounds of qual, Sunday 1 round of qual and mains, that would be the best for everyone I think.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
Well it could always be like the way they run the races in Europe....Friday-Saturday-Sunday...

Friday...only 2 rounds of practice..then quals.
Saturday..Quals
Sunday last round quals and Mains...

Heck they even do this at the Euros....

At the British Nats they are run as one dayers...Stock on Sat and Mod on Sun.

There are alot of different ways it can be done!

Just a few thoughts,

Barry
Exactly! It can be done... Unfortunately for us in North America we have waaay to many classes offered at each big event for this to happen. I know by then end of just a 3 day race I'm tired out...
Old 05-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KMR
Cactus is a true 3 day event but if you count practice like IIC and Snowbird that would make Cactus a 5 day event. Wed-Sun Actually I could be wrong but I think the fence came down on Tues. So it could be considered a 6 day event counting practice.

Keoni

LOL.. well, to be specific... practice is not part of the event. Its an option. I don't like the fact its a necessity and honestly, I wanted that fence up until Wednesday noon..... but, it would have made the lines soooo much longer.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What about controlled practices for one day before the event as part of the event? As in certain racers can bring their cars out for certain times. Period. You miss your times, oh well, adjust your car in your qualifying. Versus allowing people who can take the time off having unlimited practice if they can make it a few days ahead of most of the other competition.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oXYnary
What about controlled practices for one day before the event as part of the event? As in certain racers can bring their cars out for certain times. Period. You miss your times, oh well, adjust your car in your qualifying. Versus allowing people who can take the time off having unlimited practice if they can make it a few days ahead of most of the other competition.
Excellent..! We were going to do that this year and I have no idea what happened... just didn't.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by oXYnary
That is a super idea. I think that is deffently the fairest way espically if there are going to be people that show up the day of qulifying becasue they are not able to get there earlier in most cases becasue of work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.