Wiki Posts
Search

RMS-1 - Rotor Measurement System

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default RMS-1 - Rotor Measurement System

I am posting this info for a friend of mine. I have seen this in use, and it is a very useful tool if your into checking rotors

I like to introduce to the RC world the RMS-1!

The RMS-1 is the next Tool the serious RC racer must have.

The RMS-1 is a 12.5mm rotor magnetic field indicator. The RMS-1 is unlike any other rotor checker on the market. The RMS-1 will AUTOMATICALLY align to the HIGHEST MAGNETIC field on the rotor that is being measured. The unit is simple and easy to use and will give the same measured reading every time. No more fussing around looking for the sweet spot-let the RMS-1 do it for you!

The price is $149.99 plus shipping

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=218333

And also

For those racers that have already made an investment on the previous Gauss meter, I would like to offer you a new probe assembly for 12.5mm rotors. The new assembly uses the Rotor Measurement System of self alignment.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...52122590930983
The price is $39.99 plus shipping
If anyone is interested please email me for details.
Thanks again for your support.
MR-RMS

[email protected]

Please feel free to post any question for John here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RMS-1_fax_print.pdf (179.8 KB, 555 views)

Last edited by A. Rhodes; 12-10-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I just saw that Zubak Speed Meter that works similar to this used for the first time. Theres something I'm confused about though. So do the people who use these things just go buy a handful of new rotors at a time, test them, then use the stronger ones for racing and the weaker ones for practice?
Old 05-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I got to see the RMS in person. Its very impressive. Its always good to know which really is your best rotor. I've seen the Zubak one and the RMS and this one is a far superior design. This is a must have for a serious racer.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hmmmm Im going to have to pick me up one to keep up with all you Fast guy's
Old 05-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jla8874
I just saw that Zubak Speed Meter that works similar to this used for the first time. Theres something I'm confused about though. So do the people who use these things just go buy a handful of new rotors at a time, test them, then use the stronger ones for racing and the weaker ones for practice?

It works great for figuring out gearing. The rotors with less magnetic strength can be geared with a higher FDR and get the same results as a Rotor geared lower..... I'm not sure what #'s would be considered junk....
Old 05-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Oh.. Makes a little more sense now. So you can make good use of the weaker ones as well? Is it pretty much a crap shoot when buying tuning rotors, I mean is it possible to get a brand new one that wouldn't be considered race strength?
Old 05-22-2008, 04:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for your Interest! The first batch has sold out. I am currently making the next batch they should be ready by the middle of June.
Thanks Again!
Old 05-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I can vouche for this tool and the guy selling it. He is a class act and so is his meter.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

First off, I would like to say this product looks interesting. Good Job. I do have a question though. Does this only test rotors up to 12.3mm in size max. If I'm not mistaken 12.3mm is max for stock and super stock but doesn't mod still allow larger rotors for racing? Will this be able to test a larger rotor? Will it test a smaller rotor the same as the 12.3 size rotor?

Steve
Old 05-24-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by corallyman
First off, I would like to say this product looks interesting. Good Job. I do have a question though. Does this only test rotors up to 12.3mm in size max. If I'm not mistaken 12.3mm is max for stock and super stock but doesn't mod still allow larger rotors for racing? Will this be able to test a larger rotor? Will it test a smaller rotor the same as the 12.3 size rotor?

Steve
Thank you. To answer your Questions:

The size of the opening for the rotors is designed for a 12.3mm rotor. Smaller will work but their reading will only be relative to their size (you could only compare say 12mm rotors to 12mm rotors). The rules are allows changing on what’s allowed in what class.

I am working on a design that will work on all sizes and all the manufactures rotors, but wanted to get the self alignment tech on the market first.

Thanks for your interest
Old 05-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR-RMS
Thank you. To answer your Questions:

The size of the opening for the rotors is designed for a 12.3mm rotor. Smaller will work but their reading will only be relative to their size (you could only compare say 12mm rotors to 12mm rotors). The rules are allows changing on what’s allowed in what class.

I am working on a design that will work on all sizes and all the manufactures rotors, but wanted to get the self alignment tech on the market first.

Thanks for your interest
Cool, Thanks for the info. Now I just need some $.

Steve
Old 05-25-2008, 09:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

All I know is that I want one.

I have seen alot of talk about if your rotor is weak it can be costing you at least a lap.

I had a friend check some of my rotors and only one showed weak, and it was brand new. All the others showed normal, I even had one show 1296, and I'll save that one for a big race!

I wished I had this rotor for a big race
Old 11-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Default MMS

Finally Done!

Introducing the New Motor Measurement System (MMS)
For years, RC racers have searched for speed knowing that the manufacturers and sponsored drivers had an advantage you would never have. The best batteries, the best tires and of course the best motors. The RMS-1 helped level the playing field allowing you to pick the best rotor from your collection giving you more horsepower and better performance. But the rotor is only half of the story. What about the Can? The factory teams have $500 meters to measure the windings and pick the best Cans leaving you the leftovers and telling you fabricated stories about how equal they are.

Now you too can get the most from your brushless motors with the NEW MMS Motor Measurement System from the Company that brought you the easiest to use and most repeatable Rotor Measuring Tool, the RMS-1. The MMS is a revolutionary device allowing you to measure the resistance of your Cans to give you the best combination of motor components to put you in the WINNERS CIRCLE.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and the RMS-1 has many phantom imitators, but the revolutionary MMS stands alone to give you the advantage you need to get the most out of your brushless/lipo racing.
The MMS measures the resistance of the motor winding(s) and comes ready to go with a 3½ digit LCD that can measure winding resistance from 0.1 to 399.9 milli ohms. Readings can be done with the motor in or out of the car or the rotor in or out of the motor. The MMS has two operational modes Single Pole or Two Pole. Use the Single Pole mode when the motor is apart and measuring each coil independently. Use the Two Pole mode for a quick reference check to make sure the motor is the correct winding. (Great for Tech inspection!)

To measure the resistance of a motor connect the MMS leads to the motor windings via the solder tabs. To measure from phase to phase move the leads to obtain your resistance readings (A-B, A-C and then B-C).
To measure the resistance of each motor winding individually (Single Pole) disassemble motor and measure from the center ring to each motor winding solder tab.

In any arrangement the MMS will read the milli ohms of the motor windings. The lower the reading the bigger the horsepower!

The retail price will be $79.99.
Got Questions… Contact us at [email protected]
The MMS comes with a full 90 day warranty against manufactured defects.
I look forward to answering any questions

Jonathan McMinn

youtube.com/watch?v=VQ7abkGkXNk
Old 11-04-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just got my MMS and this thing is freakin sweet. Found my good motors for sure.

Great job Jon
Old 11-04-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR-RMS
Finally Done!

Introducing the New Motor Measurement System (MMS)
For years, RC racers have searched for speed knowing that the manufacturers and sponsored drivers had an advantage you would never have. The best batteries, the best tires and of course the best motors. The RMS-1 helped level the playing field allowing you to pick the best rotor from your collection giving you more horsepower and better performance. But the rotor is only half of the story. What about the Can? The factory teams have $500 meters to measure the windings and pick the best Cans leaving you the leftovers and telling you fabricated stories about how equal they are.

Now you too can get the most from your brushless motors with the NEW MMS Motor Measurement System from the Company that brought you the easiest to use and most repeatable Rotor Measuring Tool, the RMS-1. The MMS is a revolutionary device allowing you to measure the resistance of your Cans to give you the best combination of motor components to put you in the WINNERS CIRCLE.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and the RMS-1 has many phantom imitators, but the revolutionary MMS stands alone to give you the advantage you need to get the most out of your brushless/lipo racing.
The MMS measures the resistance of the motor winding(s) and comes ready to go with a 3½ digit LCD that can measure winding resistance from 0.1 to 399.9 milli ohms. Readings can be done with the motor in or out of the car or the rotor in or out of the motor. The MMS has two operational modes Single Pole or Two Pole. Use the Single Pole mode when the motor is apart and measuring each coil independently. Use the Two Pole mode for a quick reference check to make sure the motor is the correct winding. (Great for Tech inspection!)

To measure the resistance of a motor connect the MMS leads to the motor windings via the solder tabs. To measure from phase to phase move the leads to obtain your resistance readings (A-B, A-C and then B-C).
To measure the resistance of each motor winding individually (Single Pole) disassemble motor and measure from the center ring to each motor winding solder tab.

In any arrangement the MMS will read the milli ohms of the motor windings. The lower the reading the bigger the horsepower!

The retail price will be $79.99.
Got Questions… Contact us at [email protected]
The MMS comes with a full 90 day warranty against manufactured defects.
I look forward to answering any questions

Jonathan McMinn

youtube.com/watch?v=VQ7abkGkXNk
McMinn!!! Bring me one if you're goin' to Horsham on Saturday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.