Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Could this be the start of a much needed trend to bring the sport back to it's roots? >

Could this be the start of a much needed trend to bring the sport back to it's roots?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Could this be the start of a much needed trend to bring the sport back to it's roots?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Its seems that there is still some confusion surounding this event as I keep running into people who think they have to own an XRAY car to enter.

YOU DONT NEED AN XRAY PRODUCT TO ENTER THIS RACE!!!

This event is for everyone who runs On Road cars.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

sending you a pm
Old 08-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Regional Moderator

It seems that there has been some confusion about the spec tires for this event. The spec tire will be the Jaco 32 pre-mountedon prizms that will be available at the track for $25 per set. This will be for all TC based classes.

All our regular weekly and points races are also spec tire races but for these races we use the Sweep 36 from Much More. These are also sold for $25 per set.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I just stumbled across this thread, and I've got to say that I think it's a brilliant idea. I'm still not entirely clear on all of the specifics, but I get the idea.

I really do like the idea of controlled cost, or spec class racing. (when I talk about spec class, I mean that actual tech inspections take place, because people will cheat given the opportunity)

We have a relatively new, local organization here in Calgary, call Karz. At the moment, it's all Tamiya Mini. We're running the same rules as another local club does for this class. You must run nimh batteries, stock sized rubber tires, and a completely stock Tamiya drivetrain. (sealed silver can) If you want to mess with suspension, different brands of aftermarket add ons, etc...go ahead. The guy that wins most races is running a damned near stock mini anyway, so all the "hops ups" are kind of pointless.

Making about the drivers, and not about the budget, is a very good thing.

Jim
Old 08-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Regional Moderator

I saw the finished version of the trophies for this event today. They look killer! Maybe the best I have ever designed. I will post pictures of them ASAP!

Get those entries mailed in so I know how many trophies to order!
Old 08-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Why is this thread not picking up more interest? People are so quick to post about topics with a negative subject, but when something good and different comes up,,,,,,,,,,, ?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Regional Moderator

CHECK OUT THE COVERAGE!

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...7049f498141ad6