Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Question bout suspension >

Question bout suspension

Question bout suspension

Old 05-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Question bout suspension

messing around with my suspension, i found that my suspension would go down to how much droop i set but the springs wouldnt push it all the way to that point. Is that normal or are the springs supposed to push the suspension down all the way to the point where the droop screws limit it?
Old 05-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The shocks should allow the suspension to full droop... If not the shock shafts ends have to be lengthened (screwed out) to reach full droop.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Tech Rookie

the length of the shocks do allow them to reach full droop. But should the springs push them all the way to that point?
Old 05-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rampage21
messing around with my suspension, i found that my suspension would go down to how much droop i set but the springs wouldnt push it all the way to that point. Is that normal or are the springs supposed to push the suspension down all the way to the point where the droop screws limit it?
If you lift the car; the lower arms should rest on the droop screws. If this is not happening then your shocks are too short( or your lower arms are binding). You need to unscrew the end pivot ball on the bottom of the shock. Make sure both shocks are the same length. When the car is lifted off the ground there is very little too no spring pressure to drive the arms downward it should all be done by gravity. This is all dependant on where you have your droop setting. Disconnect your anti roll bar you might have it too tight.

Last edited by lil-bump; 05-18-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by lil-bump
When the car is lifted off the ground there is very little too no spring pressure to drive the arms downward it should all be done by gravity..
thank you all so much. that answered my question perfectly