Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I believe you need metric .06 mod
Old 11-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer
I believe you need metric .06 mod
That's why I asked, wasn't sure. I can't find a 24T pinion for this thing anywhere.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bigbeej
Should I shim them for zero play or do you want a tiny bit of movement?
Ciao Bigbeej,
i have done in this way: first i chenged the dif case with the ones carbon reinforced as when you housing the gear you will find less play, then a shimmed to zero play, and then i made 2 batteries of break in, i checked once more the ammount of play, everything was ok.

Ciao
Max
Old 11-27-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Awesome kit TB03

My TBO3 on a low traction parking lot track! this car is awesome right out of the box. I am so impressed!

Hopups used,

1. SPOOL
2. TRF SHOCKS
3. SPRINGS

I am the only one running a 13.5T motor against 11.5T, 10.5T and 9T motors. my TB03 was very fast pls check the video! (white car)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aurx8vM8UE4

Last edited by berserk; 11-28-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:48 PM
Tech Adept

Ciao Bersek,
i saw yr video, very impressive, are you sure that you was running a 13.5T ?, which motor are you using, and which was your fdr?

Ciao
Max
Old 11-28-2009, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtaddei
Ciao Bersek,
i saw yr video, very impressive, are you sure that you was running a 13.5T ?, which motor are you using, and which was your fdr?

Ciao
Max

Ciao max,

Im using a Speed passion 13.5T motor, and Speed passion GT esc, My FDR is 5.09. Esc is set to maximum punch setting of 9. The air temp here is around 20 deg celcius.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Need a bit of help and the search is not cooperating with me this morning. Im looking for a sway bar set and Im sure its listed here somewhere. I want to order the TA-53842 TA05 set. Is there any reason these wont fit? The arms look the same. I need to order them today so I can have them for thursday to race with.

Thanks
David
Old 11-29-2009, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CSaddict
Need a bit of help and the search is not cooperating with me this morning. Im looking for a sway bar set and Im sure its listed here somewhere. I want to order the TA-53842 TA05 set. Is there any reason these wont fit? The arms look the same. I need to order them today so I can have them for thursday to race with.

Thanks
David
Found it. yes it fits.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Hello and hi to all TB03 owners.

FYI, I am a TB03D owner and I play drift. Can any of you guys mine sharing me your set up? TA-05 owners are welcome too since TA05 and TB03 sharing almost all hop ups.

My current set up.

Toe: Front 0, Rear -3
Camber: Front 0, Rear -1
Height: Front 4, Rear 5
Spring: Front hard, Rear medium
Front and rear using ball differential. Front loose, rear semi tight.
Yokomo one way shaft installed replacing the stock shaft (it fits!)

My car is really under steer, hard to take hairpin/sharp corners and I feel like that my car has it own D box :S and I dont like it. In order to get into such corners, I have to brake hard to make my car turn side ways.

Help please, idea, suggestions, tips etc are all welcome. I am desperate.

Would like to share some, soon I am getting myself a 3 racing spool to replace the rear ball diff and a 3 racing suspension for TA-05. What do you guys think?
Old 11-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Need some Shock Spring help

Recently purchased a TB03 and I am having lots of fun. I have tuned the suspension as far as I can go without changing things.

I can't seem to find shocks for it. I would like to buy a set, from soft to hard so I can tune the chassis response. Where do I get them and what is the part number.

I have looked on the Tamiya sight but I can't find them there. Also Tower hobbies doesn't seem to have them.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim
Old 11-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by authorjim
Recently purchased a TB03 and I am having lots of fun. I have tuned the suspension as far as I can go without changing things.

I can't seem to find shocks for it. I would like to buy a set, from soft to hard so I can tune the chassis response. Where do I get them and what is the part number.

I have looked on the Tamiya sight but I can't find them there. Also Tower hobbies doesn't seem to have them.

Thanks

Jim
ask Jeff at www.speedtechrc.com

he stocks all of the parts you need for Tamiya cars, esp the TB-03.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Pentagonist
Hello and hi to all TB03 owners.

FYI, I am a TB03D owner and I play drift. Can any of you guys mine sharing me your set up? TA-05 owners are welcome too since TA05 and TB03 sharing almost all hop ups.

My current set up.

Toe: Front 0, Rear -3
Camber: Front 0, Rear -1
Height: Front 4, Rear 5
Spring: Front hard, Rear medium
Front and rear using ball differential. Front loose, rear semi tight.
Yokomo one way shaft installed replacing the stock shaft (it fits!)

My car is really under steer, hard to take hairpin/sharp corners and I feel like that my car has it own D box :S and I dont like it. In order to get into such corners, I have to brake hard to make my car turn side ways.

Help please, idea, suggestions, tips etc are all welcome. I am desperate.

Would like to share some, soon I am getting myself a 3 racing spool to replace the rear ball diff and a 3 racing suspension for TA-05. What do you guys think?

If this car is for drift only I would go spool front and tighten up the rear diff a bit more. Also change the springs around and go medium front, hard rear and toe the front out a degree or two to start.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by authorjim

Thanks

Jim
Shocks you are looking for are these:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=49355

Spring set to go with them are these:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=49389

Sway Bars here:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53842
Old 12-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Frustrated now. I went ahead and bought the robinson 64P pinionhttp://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXWLK2

The pinion is way to small in diameter. What pinion do I need?
Old 12-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Hey guys, I had a major problem today with my TB-03D.

The metal pin that goes in my Tamiya Steel CVDs snapped in half and got jammed in my hubs. The one that is tightened down by the hex screw that connects the dogbone to the thread drive shaft that the wheel bolts onto.

I fixed replaced the the pin. I thought it was caused by stress I just stuck an EZrun into my car.

I picked up the car and and tested out the car and the car runs smooth until I test the steering. Everything runs smooths while turning except the left side looking at the front of the car.

The wheels vibrates like crazy and you can feels the vibrations byt he sound it makes in your ear flabbing around at throttle.If the car steering is neutral(going straight) then it's fine. It only vibrates wildly when I turn half way down.

I checked everything. Everything seems fine. My dog bones seems a bit rough when t's turn. DOesn't seem to be caught on anything though.

My setup:
-Tamiya Direct Coupling Front/Rear
-Square RC Center One Way Shaft

UPDATE: I reinstalled everything. Both wheels vibrate when I turn past halfway to the stopper on the hub. And then it vibrates wildly. Never did this before. only thing I did different to it was install Tamiya Direct Coupling.

Last edited by DriftWoof; 12-03-2009 at 12:29 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.