Like Tree5Likes

Tamiya TB-03

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Surprised you didn't ask me all that.... hehe

Hey tell Driftwoof what you know about your old SD and how you think it compares to the TB so he can have peace of mind

txt me about practice before the race this Saturday when you get the chance
Old 09-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Timmie!
you don't know how much i appreciate that responce

U da man!

wikipedia has nothin' on you!
Old 09-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by MOTORMAN29
Thanks Timmie!
you don't know how much i appreciate that responce

U da man!

wikipedia has nothin' on you!
I got it. My setup.

Front 1 Way: Up front
Spool(Direct): In Back

I feel comfortable with this setup I am afraid to switch out parts but I will to see what makes it drift better later.

Thanks for all your helps guys, TIMMIE!!!!!! TIMMIE!!!!! TIMMIE!!!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

I'll be racing OCRC tomorrow and doing some new parts testing.

If anyone is coming out with your Tamiya please stop by and say "Hi".

If you need any help with set up or programming help with your BMC just ask.

Jimmy Wright
TRF

Track Star RC
Old 09-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ask me what about the old Yokomo SD? Maybe you should dig up the Yokomo SD thread on here. I wouldn't want to clutter up the TB03 thread.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

I tested my TB-03D today for the first time:

My Setup:
-TB-03D
-Novak Havoc Sport 8.5T 5000kv Brushless System Motor/ESC
-Futaba S3010 Servo
-Futaba R162JE 2-Channel AM 75MHz Receiver
-Tenergy Battery

It drifted pretty good but had a few kinks. Maybe your guys can enlighten me.

-It seems it turns better to the left, more turn radius. When it turns to the right it has a much larger turn radius. I used a caliper to measure my turn buckles too. I dunno what this is about.

-The motors smooth, but sometimes it seems to "glitch" or "slip" possible I dunno. It will have sudden sporadic bursts of power. Sometimes when it's not even moving after I stop. It will do it in the drift sometimes. I have my Diffs tight, maybe slipping? Why would it then do it when it just slows down with no throttle or is stopped? It seemed to get less and less until it rarely did it. Maybe stuff(I dunno what) needed to brake it? These random bursts tended to happen more when I drifted turning left rather then right. As I said though, it seemed to get less and less. I am happy to say my motor and esc were never hot. Even after a long run.

-Does anyone know how to get the servo on its neutral position? I plugged it in and let it "reset" but everytime I do that it seems to "set" to a different neutral position.

Last edited by DriftWoof; 09-10-2009 at 04:57 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

About your drift radius... are you using lipo's? if you are, do you have any weights on the battery side to compensate for the lighter battery? the lighter side will tend to push.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Just your standard 6Cell 7.2V battery.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Addict

ThanksGlad I can be of help to you guys.

Last edited by Timmie; 09-10-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DriftWoof
I tested my TB-03D today for the first time:

My Setup:
-TB-03D
-Novak Havoc Sport 8.5T 5000kv Brushless System Motor/ESC
-Futaba S3010 Servo
-Futaba R162JE 2-Channel AM 75MHz Receiver
-Tenergy Battery

It drifted pretty good but had a few kinks. Maybe your guys can enlighten me

-It seems it turns better to the left, more turn radius. When it turns to the right it has a much larger turn radius. I used a caliper to measure my turn buckles too. I dunno what this is about.

Sounds like you need to set your end points for right and left on your radio, try that out.

-The motors smooth, but sometimes it seems to "glitch" or "slip" possible I dunno. It will have sudden sporadic bursts of power. Sometimes when it's not even moving after I stop. It will do it in the drift sometimes. I have my Diffs tight, maybe slipping? Why would it then do it when it just slows down with no throttle or is stopped? It seemed to get less and less until it rarely did it. Maybe stuff(I dunno what) needed to brake it? These random bursts tended to happen more when I drifted turning left rather then right. As I said though, it seemed to get less and less. I am happy to say my motor and esc were never hot. Even after a long run.

Wow you have some crazy problems! Sounds like you have some radio interference. Try moving the antenna of the receiver and see if it fixes the problem. Check that your crystal is nice and tight ad didn't get knocked loose from a wreck. Check the wiring on the receiver, and speedo to make sure nothing is loose or broken. These are the only things I can think of that would make your car move from a stop without you controlling.

-Does anyone know how to get the servo on its neutral position? I plugged it in and let it "reset" but everytime I do that it seems to "set" to a different neutral position.
Reset your radio back to neutral setting for steering. Then with the servo horn off, turn the car on and the servo will go to center. Put the servo horn on again and try to get it to where the front wheels are as straight as they can be. Then finish off by making the car go straight with the radio and adjust the end points( if you have that adjustment) It shouldn't take but a very small adjustment if you did the previous step correctly. If this doesn't fix it you probably have a bad servo that won't hold its position anymore, or either a stripped servo horn.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the response. I will do that and check it out when I install the front one way and the spool.

I did have a capacitor sticking out from my Novak Sport Havoc esc zip tied to my antenna tube. I took it of and it go better. The esc is next to my antenna.
The random bursts seem to happen when i throttle or I'll be feathering the throttle in a drift and I'll get some random bursts some can cause me to over steer. it happened MUCH less as I drove it. It really didn't happen all that much and the last 10 minutes it didn't happen at all. It seemed to do it when i wasn't moving but i think i was moving the throttle a tiny bit.

My steering radius is not even though, I gotta do the stuff you told me and see. Thanks for your help.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hello everyone,

Just trying to find out what the inner diameter "in metric" of the one-way gear is.

I need a Evo IV spool for my 414 (using a 415 one-way pulley) but they are difficult to find and have been discontinued.

It looks like the TB03D spool might fit but I'm not sure if a 415 pulley's inner diameter will fit and the screw holes line up.

If anyone can pass along the measurement, or better yet, fit a 415 oneway pulley on the TB-03D spool I would be eternally thankful to you.

Cheerz.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Obsidian
Hello everyone,

Just trying to find out what the inner diameter "in metric" of the one-way gear is.

I need a Evo IV spool for my 414 (using a 415 one-way pulley) but they are difficult to find and have been discontinued.

It looks like the TB03D spool might fit but I'm not sure if a 415 pulley's inner diameter will fit and the screw holes line up.

If anyone can pass along the measurement, or better yet, fit a 415 oneway pulley on the TB-03D spool I would be eternally thankful to you.

Cheerz.
Hello

TB03 one way gear inner dia. is 12.3mm. Hope this helps you out.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

When I install the Front One Way up front, and the Spool in the back do i need to shim? Or just ad the same amount of washers as I have on my Front/Rear Ball diffs?

Just treat it like the I did the ball diff in the directions right?
Old 09-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmie
Hello

TB03 one way gear inner dia. is 12.3mm. Hope this helps you out.
Thank you timmy, it got me closer to figuring out if it indeed fits.

Cheerz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.