Like Tree5Likes

Tamiya TB-03

Old 08-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Initiate

WOW the sound of the TB03 shaft is really amazing!
Old 08-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Timmie
At this track I used Muchmore sweep 36, and aqua muchmore insert. Try and save money

I am making list of Tamiya parts now, haven't forgotten tire order
Are you able to recycle those inserts? I assume you're boiling/cooking your old ones to recycle your rims? Or are you just building all new wheels from new parts?
Old 08-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

Alrighty here is a video of low traction, parking lot, unprepared, shaft drive, spool. Jimmy Mac recorded this with his apple iphone! Nice nice!
Dang, kudos to Jimmy for pulling that off with a phone. And yeah, I can definitely see how your car seems to really hook up as you power out/through turns. I definitely don't have that much steering when I'm hammering down.

Anyway, the spool is on order. Hopefully I'll get it in next week. Thanks for the vid.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Here's some of that TB-03 whine for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Hu6Az3vsU

Normally I hate speed run videos, but I made one for some friends just to show what the 5700 could do in it.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Nice.

I will put in my 6400 kV Team Orion Vortex SL Combo. Hope i can make a video then.

The only thing i can hear from my trf is the scratching of the tires And there's a lot of this sound. I drive LRP VTEC Foam tires with 38° and 40°
Old 08-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Glinzo
Hello out there!

I decided to join this Forum because it seems to be the only one that's talking about the Tamiya TB-03 Chassis (in a language i can understand)

Here in Germany you only get poor information about my new favourite chassis. Prices are high here so i can understand that barely nobody has one. They are talking very much about the TA-05, TA-05IFS or the newer TA-05 ver.II

Because i am a parking lot driver i recently decided to purchase a shaft driven chassis. During the last years i had a TL-01 and in the beginning of this year i bought a pre-owned fully-loaded TRF 414M i am running with a 6.5T Orion BL set (6400 k/V) and 2S Lipos. To be honest, the TRF is too fragile (belt drive) and expensive for driving on a parking lot. I've got a 1/5 scale MCD, too but i think i'm going to sell it soon.

I just registered here to say "thank you". This thread offers exactly the information i need. In the last time i was thinking about a TA-05 IFS before i saw the TB-03 and read ALL your postings about this chassis. By now the decision is clear. I want it! The Takata Dome NSX is the one i like the most (but it's also the most expensive here ) With all the tuning parts you've got to go for at first such as a spool and the aluminium/carbon steering i've got to pay 255 € what means 361 USD.

How much do you have to pay in the US?

Greetings from Stuttgart, Germany

Glinzo

Guten Tag Herr Glinzo,

Ich bin froh, dass Sie unser Forum für den Tamiya TB03 gefunden haben. Ich hoffe, dass wir von assitance zu Ihnen sein konnen. Ich habe den TB03 gefunden, die beste Wahl fur meinen touring car rennen zu sein.

Ich bin ein Tamiya Fabrik Fahrer und mehr Aufstellen um meinen Rennen kann an www.teamtrf.com gefunden werden.

Tchuss,

Jimmy Wright

(Just showing off some... I don't get to speak German to often (I'm not fluent by any means!)
Old 08-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Glinzo
Nice.

I will put in my 6400 kV Team Orion Vortex SL Combo. Hope i can make a video then.

The only thing i can hear from my trf is the scratching of the tires And there's a lot of this sound. I drive LRP VTEC Foam tires with 38° and 40°
Cool, I'm interested in seeing it for a comparison.

I mainly tossed the 5700 in there just for grins and to be honest its overkill. For me, a twisty course is my recipe for fun on-road. I leave the high power motors to my off-road vehicles.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Guten Tag Herr Glinzo,

Ich bin froh, dass Sie unser Forum für den Tamiya TB03 gefunden haben. Ich hoffe, dass wir von assitance zu Ihnen sein konnen. Ich habe den TB03 gefunden, die beste Wahl fur meinen touring car rennen zu sein.

Ich bin ein Tamiya Fabrik Fahrer und mehr Aufstellen um meinen Rennen kann an www.teamtrf.com gefunden werden.

Tchuss,

Jimmy Wright

(Just showing off some... I don't get to speak German to often (I'm not fluent by any means!)
<Keannu Reeves voice>: whoa.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Guten Tag Herr Glinzo,

Hello Jimmy!

Yes, i'm very glad having found this Forum. You all have already been a great help for me. Otherwise i would have decided for another chassis i think. Thanks for the link. I will read tomorrow. It's 00:25 a.m. here

With a little bit of fantasy while reading, your German isn't that bad

@ bluesxman:

If i have fixed my TRF i will make a video. I need new center pulleys and a new rear differential. All cooked up It's surely overkill.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SKYFLAKES
Timmie, that surface is identical to the parking lot track that we race on. I hope you could post your setup soon if youre not busy.

Thanks
Ok here ya go

This is a base setup I made that you can try, very easy to drive. Its like middle of the road in everything. A safe setup thats easy to drive hard on really low grip. You do not have to use D/D front, I just like these front blocks when grip is really low. With this setup if you need more overall steering, change the rear, rear block to D. For more turn in, change the front inner camber link shims on the bulk head to 1mm. Enjoy!

Oh yeah, and my new negative setup sheets! lol! timmie edition
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-03-tb03-lt-setup.jpg  
Old 08-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SKYFLAKES
but if you are not saving money, which tire would be the best to use on that kind of surface?
Sorex anything Probably 36R, they won't last long on rough asphalt, but it will be fast!
Old 08-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bluesxman
Are you able to recycle those inserts? I assume you're boiling/cooking your old ones to recycle your rims? Or are you just building all new wheels from new parts?
Yes you can save inserts and reuse them a few times. Usually you can get about 5 uses out of inserts before they start to fall apart. Depends on how hot and dirty it is where you race...like if you carpet race they probably would last you a life time

Yes I re use rims all I can, penny pincher I am!

What I do is cut the tires across the tread, grab one end, peel the tires contact patch off the rim, grab the insert, roll it off the rim and give them a good shake to get the dirt off. Then I grab a old coffee can filled with acetone, drop the rims with the rubber beads on in, let them soak over night, come back and the left over rubber peels right off including the left over glue.

Note that you need to try certain rims first though. Some are made of different plastics that do not like acetone, or other solvents.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Note that you need to try certain rims first though. Some are made of different plastics that do not like acetone, or other solvents.
Yes, my Sorex rims didn't enjoy their acetone bath
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-03-sorex.jpg  
Old 08-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stitchy
Yes, my Sorex rims didn't enjoy their acetone bath
LOL! WHOA!! Add that pic to the RC NO NO archive!its so ironic you posted sorex rims, I was going to warn not to try it with sorex rims, but figured most would have them cracked anyway Thanks for looking out! hehe
Old 08-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Exactly! They cracked and I wanted to save the tires....After that mess happened, ah forget it..lesson learned. D'oh!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.