Wiki Posts
Search

Ryan Cavalieri in RCCA interview.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SmItH_aLeX
haha. i guess so right? remind me to sing up in your class.
what are you going to sing alex ?
Old 05-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
what are you going to sing alex ?
Dreamweaver!!
Old 05-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think people are interpreting the comment way too literally, and that's the downfall of printed articles because you can't judge tone. All he said was that someone getting in the way could cost him a $1000. This doesn't mean that is how much he makes. It was just an easy number to use as an example, so I don't think it was out of line. Every race pays differently, so he didn't divulge anything too controversial. Plus that is just a bonus, not a base salary.

Any time there is money at steak, it is frustrating to have it ruined by someone else. That is his job, so he takes it seriously. He didn't mention any names, he was just answering the question they asked and I think his answer would be the same by anyone who does this as a living. If you were a sales rep and someone accidentally kicked the phone cord out on you just before you closed a big deal, wouldn't you be pissed too?

Cav is all around a cool headed person on the stand, and I think that gets under rated. Yeah, he gets frustrated sometimes as we all do, but I have never seen him take it out directly at anyone. Its always confined to him and his dad, and I have no problem with venting your frustrations if it doesn't affect anyone else. He is also the fastest person I know to cool off, and by the time trophies are presented he is back to smiling again.

Anyways, I think its cool that he gave the perspective of a professional in the interview, because that is probably something that a lot of people don't realize. If he didn't say it could cost a $1000, his statement wouldn't sound like winning was taken as serious as it is.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If i was in Cavelieri's way I would tell him " not now chief I'm in the zone "
Old 05-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnslprd
I was hoping that Fezzzzzzz would have one of his awesome quotes or jokes but not so much.

I've known Ryan for a couple years and he is really a good person. There are a lot of things happening at a race, especially when you are running 3 classes. I have trouble doing everything that I need to do in between races without having to answer multiple questions by the same person all day long. I know that I did that to him for a while. There is a reason for drivers and team managers and PR people. Joe is on the right track. Racing is fun to a certain point. The difference between 1st. and 2nd at the worlds is about 10,000 in incentives. I would not be happy either. There are good times and bad times to talk to people. If you really love what you do then you will have emotions involved. Can't blame the guy for being frustrated.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Im Horny!
Old 05-16-2008, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jnslprd
Roflmao, Joe you got the best one liner's and the perfect times.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

RB-FIVE.. you know whos helmet i would like as a paint scheme.. Nicky Haydens scheme from US MotoGP race at Laguna Seca.. that one off arai with the 2 stars on it.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Arai-...spagenameZWDVW
Old 05-16-2008, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I haven't logged on for a few days but have this to say about Ryan and his father, Lou...

Both of these guys will go out of their way to help anyone that needs help at the track. I've seen it and have been on the receiving end of it as well.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Guys hes basicly working as the engineer for these cars. The engineers gave him a platform to perfect & he has spent the past 4 years perfecting it. When the car shows up at a national stage it is his time to pressent what his work has done for the company. If he has done a good job then it is time for a pay day. Once he recieves his pay day Associated gains marketing power & you gain new setup information.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by party_wagon
Guys hes basicly working as the engineer for these cars. The engineers gave him a platform to perfect & he has spent the past 4 years perfecting it. When the car shows up at a national stage it is his time to pressent what his work has done for the company. If he has done a good job then it is time for a pay day. Once he recieves his pay day Associated gains marketing power & you gain new setup information.
I would hardly call a 21 year old kid who races toy cars an engineer. I doubt he pours hundreds of hours into a CAD program designing and engineering a new kit.

He is given a car by the manufacturer that he drives and then provides input into what he likes and doesn't like. That is far from being an engineer. It is more like being a paid consultant.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SQC049
I would hardly call a 21 year old kid who races toy cars an engineer. I doubt he pours hundreds of hours into a CAD program designing and engineering a new kit.

He is given a car by the manufacturer that he drives and then provides input into what he likes and doesn't like. That is far from being an engineer. It is more like being a paid consultant.
Why is everyone stuck on the "toy car" comment?!?!?! To you it may be a toy car that you pick up whenever you have time. To Ryan and other pro's it is their job to wake up in the morning and make themselves and their rides better.

You would be suprised at the programs that these guys use on a daily basis at the track....similar to a CAD program. I've seen Easton & Lemieux on weekdays with laptops at their pits develping parts and changing dimensions on parts to see how they might perform.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Regardless of how these guys make their living, these are toy cars, that is a fact.

Calling this kid an engineer is an insult to anyone that has devoted 6 to 8
years of their life pursuing a higher education in the field.

Originally Posted by McDonough
Why is everyone stuck on the "toy car" comment?!?!?! To you it may be a toy car that you pick up whenever you have time. To Ryan and other pro's it is their job to wake up in the morning and make themselves and their rides better.

You would be suprised at the programs that these guys use on a daily basis at the track....similar to a CAD program. I've seen Easton & Lemieux on weekdays with laptops at their pits develping parts and changing dimensions on parts to see how they might perform.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SQC049
Regardless of how these guys make their living, these are toy cars, that is a fact.

Calling this kid an engineer is an insult to anyone that has devoted 6 to 8
years of their life pursuing a higher education in the field.

Just because you have a paper stating that you took enough classes to be labeled an engineer doesnt mean someone has more experience and know-how that would qualify them as the same, without a paper.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by K_King
Just because you have a paper stating that you took enough classes to be labeled an engineer doesnt mean someone has more experience and know-how that would qualify them as the same, without a paper.
That doesn't make any sense, but I'm assuming that you are trying to say that someone without a degree may have just as much experience in a field, thus making them equally as qualified as someone with a degree.

I don't dispute this. But tell me, where does a 21 year old acquire such an expansive amount of knowledge in the field of engineering?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.